• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Best XI of the Emirates era

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Imagine Adams today btw? Great leader and great player, bloke would be worth 150M.
Didn't watch him. I probably wasn't even born then.

How good was he compared to some great CBs like ramos, VVD, Rio, Vidic, Terry, Cannavaro, Puyol,

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
These threads are so boring, you could argue that since we moved to the Emirates every other top 6 team could easily put together a better team than we could.
No way Sp**s had a better post-highbury team than us

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

How good was he compared to some great CBs like ramos, VVD, Rio, Vidic, Terry, Cannavaro, Puyol,

It’s a bit hard for me to judge, as I missed his peak too...but when I did watch him play, I was in awe of him, in had an aura that none of the other centre backs I have seen at Arsenal had, not even Campbell...great defender, underrated on the ball and a massive leader and personality...one of those players that beat strikers before a match in the tunnel just by his sheer presence...deservedly nicknamed Mr Arsenal...

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak

He’s as good as any defender who has played in England, if not better. If I would pick any 3 former players to have at Arsenal today it’ll be Adams, Vieira and Henry, he’s at that level.

Widely considered the greatest leader at Arsenal ever too, former players like Wright rave about his captaincy.

When John Terry was coming through at Chelsea he was touted as the new Adams in terms of playing style, ability, leadership.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Adams was from a generation before things blew up, his peak years were mid early-mid 90’s, if not even the 80’s.

I only watched and appreciated him right at the end of his career.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Aubamayang over RVP.
Lehmann had been dropped for Almunia within a year of moving to the Emirates, so not sure he merits a spot there.

My team would probably be:

Szczesny / Leno
Sagna
Koscielny
Mertesacker
Monreal
Arteta (c)
Ramsey
Fabregas
Özil
Sanchez
RvP

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Lehmann had been dropped for Almunia within a year of moving to the Emirates, so not sure he merits a spot there.

My team would probably be:

Szczesny / Leno
Sagna
Koscielny
Mertesacker
Monreal
Arteta (c)
Ramsey
Fabregas
Özil
Sanchez
RvP
Same. more or less.

If you talk about the Emirates era, defenders do not matter.

————-———— Van Persie ———————

———— Alexis —— Özil —— Nasri ———

—————— Fabregas — Arteta —————

———Monreal—XXX—XXX—Sagna———

————————— Scz ————————
Subs: Fabianski, Coq, AMN, Arshavin/Hleb, OG

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
----------------Leno-----------------
Sagna------Per-----Kos----Monreal
----------Ramsey--Fabregas--------
Alexis-----------Özil-----------Auba
-----------------RVP-----------------

Subs: Scz, Gallas, Bellerin, Coq, Santi, Nasri, Ade

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
GK: Leno
RB: Bellerin
CB: Mertesacker
CB: Koscielny
LB: Monreal (fully expect Tierney to surpass him though)
CM: Cazorla
CM: Fabregas
AM: Özil
RW: Alexis
ST: Van Persie
LW: Aubameyang

PressResistance

Having a hard time fitting all the players in positions they'd fit best:

Leno
Sagna-Per-Kos-Monreal
Ramsey-Fabregas-Cazorla
RVP Aubameyang Alexis​

Honourable mentions: Sczeczsny, Bellerin, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Wilshere, Özil, Walcott, Hleb, Arshavin... Having a hard time remembering all the characters we 've had and a lot of them deserve to be in this team if we are looking at some of their purple patches. The forward front would interchange the whole game and terrorise with movement, the midfield is capable of very technical football but would be instructed that they try mostly to provide cover from 2 players controlling the midfield with the one joining the attack, defence is very solid with a miracle worker in goal.

Trofton

People including Özil are nuts as well. Maybe one of the worst players in the world when he doesn’t have the ball which is why he don’t fit in this arsenal squad

Top Quality

Leno
Sagna - Koscielny - Mertesacker - Monreal
Fabregas - Arteta - Cazorla
Sanchez -Van Persie - Aubameyang

Better in attack than in defence FC

Would love to have Ramsey in there as well, but felt the midfield needed someone like Arteta to provide at least an appearance of defensive stability. Also no idea about goalkeeper: Szczesny maybe did more good things than Leno, but he also did more bad things.

Last edited:
Top Bottom