• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
That's ironic considering you fell for the billionaire owners PR, who wants people to blame the players for staff cuts. :lol:
How so?
I've already said that both Kroenke and Özil are disgusting human beings who don't give a **** about Arsenal.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If I remember correctly from Özil's camp they said that he was willing to make an even bigger pay cut, if they really need it and he asked to wait a bit more to see the real effects the pandemic had on the clubs finances. But seeing as we are about to pay who knows how much Coutinho/Willian/Partey, he's very much been proven right that it was not needed.
People just ignore this stuff because it doesn’t fit their agenda.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
How so?
I've already said that both Kroenke and Özil are disgusting human beings who don't give a **** about Arsenal.
You say all that stuff about Kroenke, but still defend his point that players should take pay cuts so other staff members can get paid instead of the owner of the club ensuring everyone is paid.

We're literally the only PL club to force players into pay cuts, when it's not needed. Not even relegated clubs have asked to do that.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I’m not celebrating. Listen I’ve been Özil out way before it was cool you can check the archives.

However I fully supported his stance against the club in regards to cuts, the effort the club went through to out him too is very telling.

We are the only prem club to my knowledge to introduce wage cuts and with speed too. Now this? I’m not seeing job cuts across the league.

It looks bad and Özil comes out looking a bit better in my opinion.

Yup we are the only club to my knowledge to do this. Biggest fallout is the board had Arteta approach the players.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
What hit did Alexis take? He’s getting paid off now from Utd, who are letting him leave without a transfer fee and he’s signing a new deal with inter worth over 100k a week. He’s getting money from everywhere.

Have you ever dropped salary from 400k p/w to 100k p/w?? Have you ever tasted non-vintage champagne? Have some empathy mate!

Joking aside, I know Sanchez and Özil both grew up eating gruel in the slums so fair play to them on that front. I’m all for redistribution of wealth away from “old money”

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I like this @Ibadan guy a lot. @OnlyOne add him to the spreadsheet bro.

Gagan Jr if you don’t want to follow in your dads footsteps and join the usual suspects there’s a provisional place for you in sauce squad.

Added, need to know if he's here for the long haul, we'll get him on a trial run.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think it's a bit too early for him to branch out on his own, he still needs to be "groomed" by G so to speak.

Though I do like the thought of him creating his own story in a way, rather than just doing everything his father has already done...could you hold the application for awhile?
I don’t remember hiring you as an advisor bro. I’m trying to stay clear of the bum squad/usual suspects drama.

vantoure

Feel like a move to AC Milan may work for Özil though.
A slower league
Milan on the rise
Feel like he could get along well with Ibrahimovic
Gazidis familiarity

Raul needs to act intelligently and explore this sort of options instead of waiting hand-me-downs from his agent pals. Pay a reasonable chunk of his wages and it could be win-win

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

@American_Gooner not sure if it’s wise to get mods involved but I’d love to have you as a special advisor or contractor. My guy from day one.

Reactions: A_G

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Feel like a move to AC Milan may work for Özil though.
A slower league
Milan on the rise
Feel like he could get along well with Ibrahimovic
Gazidis familiarity

Raul needs to act intelligently and explore this sort of options instead of waiting hand-me-downs from his agent pals. Pay a reasonable chunk of his wages and it could be win-win
You mean Milano City FC?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milano_City_F.C.

roz

Fake News Merchant
If I remember correctly from Özil's camp they said that he was willing to make an even bigger pay cut, if they really need it and he asked to wait a bit more to see the real effects the pandemic had on the clubs finances. But seeing as we are about to pay who knows how much Coutinho/Willian/Partey, he's very much been proven right that it was not needed.

As for the other players, clearly they were fooled by the club and are angry now about it now. Club promised the pay cut would help in keeping all the staff during the pandemic, and it didn't. Now the club wants to use the same money that was saved on replacing some of these players who took pay cuts.
Source?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

As for the other players, clearly they were fooled by the club and are angry now about it now. Club promised the pay cut would help in keeping all the staff during the pandemic, and it didn't. Now the club wants to use the same money that was saved on replacing some of these players who took pay cuts.
That was just cheap PR by the Özil camp

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
What hit did Alexis take? He’s getting paid off now from Utd, who are letting him leave without a transfer fee and he’s signing a new deal with inter worth over 100k a week. He’s getting money from everywhere.

Özil would leave if you paid him off, let’s him go elsewhere and sign a new deal and get money from there too.
If he chose to knuckle down or had a change of attitude or whatever – if things improved for him he would have got games and he was on ridiculous bonuses; he got £5 million for his meagre contribution the season he was playing. He could’ve done that again with his eyes shut.

There is a reason Özil will not agree go on loan to anybody despite knowing his days here are more or less over. He’s choosing to forget about his football career, unlike others. Thinking about it, he wouldn’t even leave if you paid him off. I bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom