• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The club can have no complaint. The player is honouring his contract. That the contract was excessive is hardly the fault of the player.

I'd like to see him shipped out as well, but he is training and is available for selection.

Manberg

Predator
I don’t necessarily think Arteta wants Özil gone. Executives certainly do.

Also why are idiots on here attacking someone because they get well paid. It’s comical. Perhaps some of that aggression should be directed at the other idiots who gave him that contract.

if Özil makes himself available to play and you don’t pick him he is not to be blamed for collecting his pay. It is understood that he is to be paid like everyone at the end of the week/month. So it’s up to management to make the most of what they have.

I don’t hear people being angry at Nelson or torreira or holding when they don’t play. But guess what they still collect their wages.

i also expect some to say well Özil is the biggest earner and he’s not playing. Well it’s not his job to pick the side it’s the manager. I am sure if he could he would always pick himself to play.

people on here are acting like immature teenagers. Woefully lacking in understanding.

The decision to give him that contract was a mistake which nobody is denying. But he was playing well before the contract yet the drop off in quality after securing the contract has been very noticeable. That is on Özil.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Also why are idiots on here attacking someone because they get well paid. It’s comical. Perhaps some of that aggression should be directed at the other idiots who gave him that contract
The club gave him the contract because he was putting in good performance. But immediately he signed it, he completed stopped trying. If that is not a con, I don't know what is :lol:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The decision to give him that contract was a mistake which nobody is denying. But he was playing well before the contract yet the drop off in quality after securing the contract has been very noticeable. That is on Özil.
Dude, we had Alexis and Ramsey when he signed the contract and playing well. And Cazorla

Out of the four, only Özil was left. The other three have not been replaced.

It's not rocket science to understand why Arsenal and Özil crashed and burned after the contract.

Manberg

Predator
Dude, we had Alexis and Ramsey when he signed the contract and playing well. And Cazorla

Out of the four, only Özil was left. The other three have not been replaced.

It's not rocket science to understand why Arsenal and Özil crashed and burned after the contract.

:lol: I thought the excuse for lack of big game performance even before the contract was that he was feeding Giroud. Well he couldn’t feed Aubameyang either.

Kav

Established Member
Fair enough. Performance wise he has been poor. However it is not as if he is saying I’m not willing to play. So he should be paid like the others.

we have made grave mistakes with gazidis in charge and we are having to deal with it. The whole Özil/ Sanchez, Mikhi scenario is a result of his management. He got rid of Wenger changed the management structure to bring in Raul and vinai and we have been ****ed since.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

:lol: I thought the excuse for lack of big game performance even before the contract was that he was feeding Giroud. Well he couldn’t feed Aubameyang either.
There will always be excuses bro

Kav

Established Member
The club gave him the contract because he was putting in good performance. But immediately he signed it, he completed stopped trying. If that is not a con, I don't know what is :lol:
Sure call him out for not pulling his weight but don’t attack him for not playing or collecting his pay. It’s childish to do so.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Mhkitaryan and Alexis have all taken massive financial hit just because they want to keep playing top level Football

Manberg

Predator
Sure call him out for not pulling his weight but don’t attack him for not playing or collecting his pay. It’s childish to do so.

It’s not childish for attacking him for not wanting to play football. Footballers in his position should want to move in order to play football. His agent went against that saying he’ll stay out his contract, knowing that he’s not playing.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It’s not childish for attacking him for not wanting to play football. Footballers in his position should want to move in order to play football. His agent went against that saying he’ll stay out his contract, knowing that he’s not playing.
You going go give me the source for your claim that Arteta has issues with his attitude in training? I’m waiting.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
ok, I get what you are trying to say. It's Özil's fault for not playing.

When we won the 3 FA cups and went to the final of Europa, it was because all the others were plaing well.

He should be ashamed of not being picked, and trying to get himself a new club. Perhaps commit sepukku for the dishonor of not being played.

Manberg

Predator
ok, I get what you are trying to say. It's Özil's fault for not playing.

When we won the 3 FA cups and went to the final of Europa, it was because all the others were plaing well.

He should be ashamed of not being picked, and trying to get himself a new club. Perhaps commit sepukku for the dishonor of not being played.

Ramsey and Alexis won us FA cups. Özil was a passenger. Did well in 2017 but that’s when he was playing for the contract.

Remember the 6-3 loss to City? Özil got bullocked by Per for not applauding Arsenal fans. He never performed in big games, even before the contract.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He can’t move if he has to take a massive pay reduction. Just like Bale.

Even Sánchez, Utd paid off two years of his contract to shift him, that’s over 55M.
Do you think Özil gives a toss about playing football?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Ramsey and Alexis won us FA cups. Özil was a passenger. Did well in 2017 but that’s when he was playing for the contract.

Remember the 6-3 loss to City? Özil got bullocked by Per for not applauding Arsenal fans. He never performed in big games, even before the contract.
Found the source for your claims mate? Don’t keep me waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom