• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel dos Santos Magalhães

Do you think Gabriel will end up signing for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shalmaneser V

I’m surprised this needs explaining again, the structure is different now. Wenger was signing and managing the players then, last summer Raul signed the players.

Wenger was removed after missing out on the CL. The same will happen to Raul.

Wenger was signing a lot of mediocre players. But he gets a free pass for that yeah?

You’re chatting ****. If you’re going to blame last seasons disastrous league position squarely on Raul and not Emery then you’re either on a wind up or you just don’t know what you’re talking about.

Raul brought in 3 elite young talents. An experienced premier league winner for defence. A young Spanish international midfielder from Real Madrid. And one of the biggest revelations of European football(granted he overpaid a bit there). Yet despite all that apparently it’s his fault that teams were walking through our midfield for fun, raining 25-30 shots on our goal per game, the formation was being changed game to game, players being played out of position, players looking half arsed, team could barely string two passes together. Team had no identity, no hunger, confidence. Yeah nothing to do with the useless bum Emery.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

if United wanted him, that's enough for me

I'd be wary of any player coveted by either Ole or Woodward. Aside from Bruno Fernandes, who everyone wanted a piece of, their judgement is wanting.

senna

I’m surprised this needs explaining again, the structure is different now. Wenger was signing and managing the players then, last summer Raul signed the players.

Wenger was removed after missing out on the CL. The same will happen to Raul.

I thought last summer's window was one of the best we had in years: Saliba, Martinelli, Tierney, Pepe, Ceballos, Luiz - all start in our best XI. Also of a good age and character that has been missing from Arsenal's recent culture, even Luiz who was older I think is probably good to have around the dressing room and to help our Brazilians settle in.

If Raul delivers something similar again then dont think he'll be getting moved on. Much better than Gazidas who set this club back years, if Wenger had Raul he may still be in a a job. Arsène needed someone to challenge and push him like Dein, it was when snakes like Gazidas came in the rot started & Wenger lost his way.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wenger was signing a lot of mediocre players. But he gets a free pass for that yeah?

You’re chatting ****. If you’re going to blame last seasons disastrous league position squarely on Raul and not Emery then you’re either on a wind up or you just don’t know what you’re talking about.

Raul brought in 3 elite young talents. An experienced premier league winner for defence. A young Spanish international midfielder from Real Madrid. And one of the biggest revelations of European football(granted he overpaid a bit there). Yet despite all that apparently it’s his fault that teams were walking through our midfield for fun, raining 25-30 shots on our goal per game, the formation was being changed game to game, players being played out of position, players looking half arsed, team could barely string two passes together. Team had no identity, no hunger, confidence. Yeah nothing to do with the useless bum Emery.
What you on about? Wenger kept his job until he maintained CL, he was then moved on after he failed to get CL. Wenger got CL with whatever signings he made.

Last summer Raul signed guys like Dani and Luiz who were poor all season, that’s on him. Raul also employed Emery.

Emery wanted Zaha, wanted to keep Ramsey etc.

Shalmaneser V

What you on about? Wenger kept his job until he maintained CL, he was then moved on after he failed to get CL. Wenger got CL with whatever signings he made.

Last summer Raul signed guys like Dani and Luiz who were poor all season, that’s on him. Raul also employed Emery.

Emery wanted Zaha, wanted to keep Ramsey etc.

You keep missing the point. Wenger was making champions league despite signing a lot of dross because he was a good manager doing a, for the most part, good job.

If we go by your logic and say Dani and Luiz playing poorly under Emery is on Raul then their considerably improved performances under Arteta is also on Raul.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You keep missing the point. Wenger was making champions league despite signing a lot of dross because he was a good manager doing a, for the most part, good job.

If we go by your logic and say Dani and Luiz playing poorly under Emery is on Raul then their considerably improved performances under Arteta is also on Raul.

Ok I know what you mean with your Wenger point now.

Shalmaneser V

I thought last summer's window was one of the best we had in years: Saliba, Martinelli, Tierney, Pepe, Ceballos, Luiz - all start in our best XI. Also of a good age and character that has been missing from Arsenal's recent culture, even Luiz who was older I think is probably good to have around the dressing room and to help our Brazilians settle in.

If Raul delivers something similar again then dont think he'll be getting moved on. Much better than Gazidas who set this club back years, if Wenger had Raul he may still be in a a job. Arsène needed someone to challenge and push him like Dein, it was when snakes like Gazidas came in the rot started & Wenger lost his way.

Yes but apparently the complete failure of Emery to do something after one of our best windows in years is all on Raul.

What's all this about Emery wanting to keep Ramsey? He wasn't completely sure if he wanted him and by the time he changed his mind it was too late. Wenger said he very surprised Ramsey left because it looked like he was going to stay. Raul had nothing to do with it, we put out the contract and Ramsey didn't sign it, just to add. We pulled it after too much indecisiveness from both Emery and Ramsey.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Lille are always quite reasonable when negotiating with them.

Didn’t they accept €50m + 4 back up/youth players for Osimhen? Teams like Lyon need to take note.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom