• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel dos Santos Magalhães

Do you think Gabriel will end up signing for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Wwe_582a90_5487970.gif

Makavelii

I would’ve preferred a more experienced CB like Carlos.
When Luiz isn’t playing it’s gonna be a bunch of kids organising our lines :confused:

Makavelii

21HTFCt.png

Became a little interested in comparing players so threw this together. Based on their resp domestic league stats 19/20 season.

Gabriel stands out to me, looks a no brainer tbh. Slight concern over his passing, though. He hits fewer long balls than the others as well and that should really give him a relatively higher Passing%. Originally had Aké in there as well, but visualization became really messy so removed. But he falls short imo.

It's based on Statsbomb CB template, but I have replaced their metrics of "Pressured Long Balls" and "Unpressured Long Balls" with "PAdj Passes into final third" and "Passes under pressure ratio" (how many % of passes came under pressure from opponent). Did this because of difficulties with extracting the data for their original metrics.

I had to reverse engineer the PAdj Tackles & PAdj Interceptions but think I managed to with some help from the internet. Verified it vs van Dijk and Wan Bissaka's 18/19 seasons and it checked out, but small disclaimer on validity there.

Suggestions on other metrics very welcome!
What’s pAdj?

nick gould

I know YouTube is not a reliable way to make an informed judgement on a player, but our guy seems to do a lot of sliding tackles. Good sliding tackles i must say but in this day and era sliding tackles should only be used as last resort. Saliba on the other end rarely goes into sliding tackles. He dispossesses opponents by using his body to easy them off the ball.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Redcafe When united were linked with Gabriel few weeks ago

Ticks all the boxes we need for a CB, strong, quick, good the air & decent on the ball

Feckin hard as nails as wel

Too many Linda lovers on here. Gabriel is the best option out
there.

Gabriel is everything we wish Lindelof could be. He is good in the air, relatively good pace, goes in for a tackle (more composed, not bailey style), he is very good on the ball; quite
tidy with a few long passes here and there, doesn't get bullied by opposition and won't back down from a challenge. He reads the game quite excellently for his age and would provide an excellent left footed partnership for Maguire.We should be all over this, I don't see him doing worse than Lindelof. He might not pull up any trees from the moment he arrives but given the time and opportunity Lindelof has been
given, he should be able to cement his place beside Maguire and should have a solid CB pair for the next few years. I
hope we sign him, 20 million is a steal considering his current abilities potential

When arsenal became favourite to sign him..

He must be ****e if he’s a defender and Arsenal want him. Everton linked too? Avoid.

Any player Everton are looking at is bound to be ****e.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Redcafe When united were linked with Gabriel few weeks ago

When arsenal became favourite to sign him..
They do have a point with the Everton stuff though.:lol:

His price tag and how easily we've jumped to the front of the queue does make me nervous. I'm hoping the former is due to Covid and the latter is due to Arteta/Pepe/London.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I'm hoping the former is due to Covid and the latter is due to Arteta/Pepe/London.

There's also the fact that our team has a large number of French speakers and Portuguese speakers, like Gabriel himself. From what I've seen of them Lille really cares about the common language angle in their recruitment, so they have a similar case there also, a lot of French speakers and Portuguese speakers in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom