• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 232,408

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Chelsea fans are pretty happy. Saying they have upgraded so don't need him. Hope we can be in the position where we can go for they type of targets Chelsea go for instead of the players they are upgrading from soon.

Their subreddit seems very sad to see him go tbf.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
70 goal contributions in 7 years, and we sign him at 32 :lol:

20 goals and assists in 3365 mins 19/20.
22 goals and assists in 3500 mins 18/19.
25 goals and assists in 3000 mins 17/18.
17 goals and assists in 1996 mins 16/17.
21 goals and assists in 3800 mins 15/16.

At least get it right before making people believe bs stats. Hes consistently a very good contributer. Should hit 20 G/A across all comps for us next season.

Its a fantastic piece of business considering our front 3 is currently set in stone. As a 4th option hes brilliant.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Our upgrades are already on the roster and young. He can step in and do a job to save our developing players from getting stamped on by ****house clubs like Burnley and Brighton. When the young players lag with their inconsistencies due to age/experience/growing pains, he can play extended amounts of time and do the job.

What is the problem here?

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Chelsea fans are pretty happy. Saying they have upgraded so don't need him. Hope we can be in the position where we can go for they type of targets Chelsea go for instead of the players they are upgrading from soon.

Did you expect them to say something else after he rejected them so he could join us?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Our upgrades are already on the roster and young. He can step in and do a job to save our developing players from getting stamped on by ****house clubs like Burnley and Brighton. When the young players lag with their inconsistencies due to age/experience/growing pains, he can play extended amounts of time and do the job.

What is the problem here?

He is our first signing this summer so people are losing their ****.

If he was after Gabriel and Partey the reaction would be very different.

Age isn't an issue when you put up 20 goals and assists a season.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
Reading the past few pages has reminded me how little actually changes in the transfer section during the summers, kind of hilarious really :lol:

CarefulAgonizingHedgehog-size_restricted.gif

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
This is it. Lampard might want to keep him but in reality, we kinda need him more than they do. We're struggling for technical security and creativity in the final 3rd and at least Willian goes some way to addressing that. And as much as I'd like to see the kids get a bit more trust for those kind of roles, it's not feasible and they need a bit more time (and possibly loans) before we can do that as they need to play aswell but won't be relied upon to carry us to top 4 at this point. I don't think there are any losers here, except maybe the youngsters who were hoping to get a more prominent role.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Always liked this player, my bruvva thinks he is trash and we always argue about him, pretty hilarious that he’s joining us.

There are more positive comments and well wishing from Chelsea fans than I expected. Also a lot of anger he is joining us and also anger from sp*rs fans who are still pining after him. All good signs I think.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Did you expect them to say something else after he rejected them so he could join us?

Ahh they are saying they will miss him from what I've seen but are happy they have upgraded. They're in CL so easier for them than us but it's not good we are in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom