• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 232,037

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Are you kidding yourself on purpose? The main reason was we gave him the 3 year deal that Chelsea was not willing to.

Good point, of course, those idiots with certain principles. Of course they have enough reinforcements not to "need" him.

But I wouldn't have thought he will choose a London rival even with these three factors.

You have to also realize he seemed to come here with lower wages, so my "reasons" are actually very important too? Chelsea offered 2 years like for Terry & Lampard, what does that say?

Next year is tough with many matches and possibility to many subs too, so we need/want many players as every club will.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He'll be a bit part player for most of his time here, might contribute initially but after a while we'll all be groaning talking about having to get him out of the club. It's so predictable what's gonna happen here. You think a 33/34 year old winger is gonna contribute a significant amount to a team with ambitions of getting back into the top 4, which I hope we're in a position to do that.

drippin

He'll be a bit part player for most of his time here, might contribute initially but after a while we'll all be groaning talking about having to get him out of the club. It's so predictable what's gonna happen here. You think a 33/34 year old winger is gonna contribute a significant amount to a team with ambitions of getting back into the top 4, which I hope we're in a position to do that.

The problem is that we can't buy any top prospect winger currently so we don't block the way for the youth. Pepe is nailed on for one position, Auba hopefully for another.

Then we have Saka & Martinelli who already seem like they are PL level players in their teens. Nelson looking more like a late bloomer (mental things).

Those who criticize this signing should point out what would have been the best realistic alternatives for top 4 level player with similar quality (Chelsea finished in top 4 with Willian being one of the best players.)

And without blocking the way for the youth, and not costing too much so we get the most important positions reinforced.

Well, bring it on?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Good point, of course, those idiots with certain principles. Of course they have enough reinforcements not to "need" him.

But I wouldn't have thought he will choose a London rival even with these three factors.

You have to also realize he seemed to come here with lower wages, so my "reasons" are actually very important too? Chelsea offered 2 years like for Terry & Lampard, what does that say?

Next year is tough with many matches and possibility to many subs too, so we need/want many players as every club will.
Lampard signed a 5 year deal when he was 30.

Willian has a business with Luiz in London, apparently his partner wants to stay in the City too. Could’ve stayed at Chelsea but we offered that extra year security I guess.

drippin

Lampard signed a 5 year deal when he was 30.

Willian has a business with Luiz in London, apparently his partner wants to stay in the City too. Could’ve stayed at Chelsea but we offered that extra year security I guess.

Okay, interesting. I just read the Chelsea forum Willian topic and they stated that even Terry & Lampard got only 2 years after 30. Not sure what is the reason that he got 5 years (of course I understand his level back then as one big reason).

akhil

Are you kidding yourself on purpose? The main reason was we gave him the 3 year deal that Chelsea was not willing to.
So? Doesn't make him a bad player though. We shouldn't be depending on him as a mainstay when he's 35. But should be good for another year or 2.

GDeep™

League is very weak
So? Doesn't make him a bad player though. We shouldn't be depending on him as a mainstay when he's 35. But should be good for another year or 2.
What you mean “so”? Let’s call it what it is atleast, he’s coming because we offered a better deal, not because there was some sort of desire to join Arsenal.

If rumours are true he’s actually disappointed that Chelsea weren’t willing to give him 3 years.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
What you mean “so”? Let’s call it what it is atleast, he’s coming because we offered a better deal, not because there was some sort of desire to join Arsenal.

If rumours are true he’s actually disappointed that Chelsea weren’t willing to give him 3 years.

Maybe he believes more in Arteta than Lamps

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Looks like to me for the very limited funds we have we're putting that into CB and CM, while still bringing in a decent PL player in Willian, that's not bad business provided we secure the other two.

akhil

Isn't that the case behind most transfers though? They'll look out for themselves first. It's not like anybody we sign is a childhood fan and wants to play to the shirt. When he came to England, he was almost a done deal to Sp**s, wasn't he? Yet he ended up at Chelsea cause they gave him the better deal. Isn't that the case with Werner to Chelsea as well, thought Liverpool were in for him but when they backed out, he went Chelsea cause it was probably the best option for his career rather than stay at Liepzig.

How many in the current squad came here cause they wanted to play for us? They came cause we were the best option for their career.

We gave him a deal closer to his parameters than Chelsea, so he chose us.

We'll only know how effective a transfer this is once we see his influence on the team and the our position in the table in May. He's doesn't have any wiggle room to settle and all that, he should delivering from the start.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters

Can you send me your crystal ball so I can become a billionaire?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He's on 130k a week apparently? Why are you guys getting your panties in a twist? Will probably start to tank in his last year yeh but big deal, we're getting him for free.

As someone said earlier, if we signed Willian after making a couple of the signings we've been linked to, it would look like shrood business considering we may no longer have funds.

In a way its a good sign, we're managing our assets and planning the window out. It used to be a late and panicked scatter gun approach, while this summer it looks like we have lined up our signings already.

drippin

This is AM.
People will get their panties in a twist
:lol:

Well some people like to use testicle stretchers (must be why they are available in shops) so it is not surprising. Some people like such things, nothing wrong with it of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom