• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You'll see a lot of movement this week with teams going out of the CL. All you can have until its over are verbal agreements.

Activating Partey's release clause for example would be absolutely pointless until they're out. Hopefully Atletico lose against Leipzig on Thursday.

I think we all know 3 of our targets but the AM one is so up in the air. If the player we wanted was someone like Buendia we wouldve done something by now. I think our main targets for the position are still in the CL. Aouar and Coutinho.

20 days until the community shield. Let's see how the next two weeks unfold.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Hahaha that Zaha in the nightclub video is so bait :lol:

Praying Coutinho is a smokescreen for him. Palace are giving him away ffs.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
You'll see a lot of movement this week with teams going out of the CL. All you can have until its over are verbal agreements.

Activating Partey's release clause for example would be absolutely pointless until they're out. Hopefully Atletico lose against Leipzig on Thursday.

I think we all know 3 of our targets but the AM one is so up in the air. If the player we wanted was someone like Buendia we wouldve done something by now. I think our main targets for the position are still in the CL. Aouar and Coutinho.

20 days until the community shield. Let's see how the next two weeks unfold.
I still thinking Buendia is more suited to PL because of his defensive work rate. I don't trust players from Ligue1 to make an immediate impact. They always need at least one season to settle. I am tired of getting players like that, just take players from PL.

tcahill

You sign Partey attacking midfielder CB before even thinking about Zaha he the last thing we need we need first you should sign players your teams need

I would argue that LW is just as important as those positions. Much of our loss in creativity can be attributed to playing Auba LW. He maintains a great goal scoring rate, but him cutting in essentially means we play a two striker formation with no left midfielder. Buying a decent LW would mean a much more balanced attack as Auba is moved central.

Looks like it's being addressed though with Willian but I'd definitely prefer Zaha.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Is Athletic worth getting a subscription for?
They seem to have all the reliable journalist

Also on the article, awesome news

Preacher

Always Crying
The Athletic has learned that in the weeks and months leading up to the window, Mikel Arteta and technical director Edu concluded that Arsenal needed improved options at No 6, No 8 and No 10 — defensive midfield, box-to-box midfielder and the role behind the striker.

Arteta would like the capacity to play with a midfield three — the modern formation adopted by dominant sides such as Liverpool and Manchester City — more frequently.

Oh, gunnerblog:lol:

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

Worth it imo. I only subscribe to Arsenal/PL but they cover loads of sports/competitions.

You can get 50% off most times you look to subscribe. This is my 2nd year for 29,99.

Or you could just turn on notifications for all @American_Gooner 's posts on here.

say yes

forum master baiter

Yeah I’d say so. They’ve got all the best football journalists in the UK, and their coverage of American sports is even better if you’re into that.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The Athletic has learned that in the weeks and months leading up to the window, Mikel Arteta and technical director Edu concluded that Arsenal needed improved options at No 6, No 8 and No 10 — defensive midfield, box-to-box midfielder and the role behind the striker.

Arteta would like the capacity to play with a midfield three — the modern formation adopted by dominant sides such as Liverpool and Manchester City — more frequently.

Oh, gunnerblog:lol:

To be fair to him he did also say Arteta wanted players who could play multiple roles. So in a midfield 3 you could say Partey is a 6/8 and Ceballos is an 8/10.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

We really need Pepe to put up salah numbers or we’re ****ed again next season. No goals, no top 4. No one we’ve been linked to is going to help Auba with the goals.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We really need Pepe to put up salah numbers or we’re ****ed again next season. No goals, no top 4. No one we’ve been linked to is going to help Auba with the goals.
I don't know if he can get his output to that level.

Still feel that Salah is on another level (based on confidence). Pepe looks a bit timid.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I don't know if he can get his output to that level.

Still feel that Salah is on another level (based on confidence). Pepe looks a bit timid.

We’ll have to wait and see at the end of the window but I think lacazette will be sold & the club will buy 2 creative players (Willian & another), Auba back to CF and hope they all put in decent numbers.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Salah - 19 goals
Mane - 18 goals
Firmino - 9 goals

Total league goals in front 3 - 46

Remember Firmino isn't a huge contributor in terms of outright goals, in fact he is quite an average goalscorer for a number 9. Liverpool are challenging for the title... So baring that in mind.

Auba - 22 goals
Laca - 10 goals
Pepe - 5 goals

Total league goals in front 3 - 37

That's with Laca having a very poor season and Pepe just settling in. I'm looking for Pepe to bag at least 10 league goals next season, its a must. I think he's more than capable. Auba will get his obligatory 20+. Laca might not be here but will be replaced by Willian and a AM which will replace and add to his goals and assists.

We have the fire power its about the big chance creation, Liverpool for example have their big chance creation in the front 3 and full backs. We only really have it in Pepe atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom