• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
@GDeep™ As you know, I once called out admin for implying I was an Islamophobe because they identified that I basically didn't rate Özil, Mustafi, Xhaka and Kolasinac (the Kola one was bollocks anyway because I had no real opinion on him), and I was banned for asking him to explain his comments. It's a dodgy road to go down lad. Shoddy, even.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Remember when Wenger did it with Sanchez? Basically says “You’re in the doghouse but I’m not sure we’re good enough to win without you so I might need you to bail us out”. Sends completely the wrong message, and it also creates more of a story. If they’re fit enough for the bench then there are no injury excuses, and plenty of photo ops for a disgruntled star.
Probably the most embarrassing moment of Wenger's reign tbh. In short, he tried to have the best of both worlds. One of the reasons why I was sure Wenger was done here tbh.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Four consecutive managers have found him indispensable.

Even after the Palace game both Emery and Arteta desperate to include. Much better results wise with him on the pitch than off.

Heartbeat of the club imo. Captain in all but name.
He nowhere near being our best player though. It's like when you've only got one goalkeeper at the club, and people say he's one of our best players. The word 'best' doesn't apply with Xhaka.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He nowhere near being our best player though. It's like when you've only got one goalkeeper at the club, and people say he's one of our best players. The word 'best' doesn't apply with Xhaka.

Who’s better than him?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Who’s better than him?
Well the gap between him and Auba for a start is so big that to say 'arguably the best' is a bit absurd. And as I say, just because he's probably the only type in the last 3 or 4 managers opinion that can play the role, it doesn't elevate his quality. Just because I only know one plumber on my road, that doesn't make him arguably the best plumber on my road.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Xhaka's our best player?

No wonder we're shïte

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Xhaka's our best player?

No wonder we're shïte
It's kind of that as well. Apart from Auba, the discussion of who's the best in order is a little bit embarrassing. We've got some great talent, some good talent and some players that are more out than in. I think the discussion might be worth having in a couple of years.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Well the gap between him and Auba for a start is so big that to say 'arguably the best' is a bit absurd. And as I say, just because he's probably the only type in the last 3 or 4 managers opinion that can play the role, it doesn't elevate his quality. Just because I only know one plumber on my road, that doesn't make him arguably the best plumber on my road.

In my eyes Aubameyang is the fancy roof but Xhaka is the luxurious St John’s Wood townhouse you put it on.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Criticizing Mustafi, Özil and Xhaka=Being a Nazi

Got it!
Most annoying thing on AM that, people getting upset because they don’t like a certain player that they do, which leads to being called racist or something similar.

Remember seeing the Willock thread and someone was insinuating its racist to question his ability.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
The various rumours about him, leak of his pay cut refusal etc, even though it wasn’t an outright refusal and he was willing to take an even bigger pay cut if the club was willing to show some transparency . All shoddy.
Just heard a new rumor about Özil's situation listening to the most recent Tuesday Club podcast. Davies mentioned there were rumors going around that Özil didn't want to wear the Black Lives Matter shirt nor did he want to take the knee. First I've heard such rumors to be honest.

@American_Gooner @Furious

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom