• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Havertz is clearly the type of player who will make a huge impact. We're never in for these types of players who're wanted by pretty much every club. We always have to settle for cheaper options who may or may not work. I doubt we even make enquiries. We just go "oh Chelsea want him, that's us out" Do you expect us to be happy with that?

Considering we need a CB, two CM's, AM and potentially a striker do you really think its wise to blow £80M on Havertz?

Manberg

Predator
Considering we need a CB, two CM's, AM and potentially a striker do you really think its wise to blow £80M on Havertz?

We have an owner with over $8 billion net worth. This year FFP is relaxed. We're a club at a critical stage where we have a hugely promising manager who needs immediate backing in order for us to challenge for the top trophies. Not wait it out and only hope to challenge for top 4. We need all of them.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We have an owner with over $8 billion net worth. This year FFP is relaxed. We're a club at a critical stage where we have a hugely promising manager who needs immediate backing in order for us to challenge for the top trophies. Not wait it out and only hope to challenge for top 4. We need all of them.

We could end up spending 100-180M without even thinking about Havertz though?

FFP might be relaxed, but it rolls into next year so you still have to be careful and still have to be able to get the wage bill down first.

I'm a huge fan of Havertz, but its just completely unrealistic.

Manberg

Predator

FFP might be relaxed, but it rolls into next year so you still have to be careful and still have to be able to get the wage bill down first.

That extra £100m spend may be all it takes to make the difference between challenging for top 4 and challenging for the title. We musn't stop short of one or two players, which we have done so many times in the past. Things will change in future seasons that will set us back again.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
That extra £100m spend may be all it takes to make the difference between challenging for top 4 and challenging for the title. We musn't stop short of one or two players, which we have done so many times in the past. Things will change in future seasons that will set us back again.

This summer needs to be focussed on signings to make top 4. Gabriel, Partey, Willian, someone like Aouar and a top striker to replace Lacazette would allow us to do that.

Manberg

Predator
This summer needs to be focussed on signings to make top 4. Gabriel, Partey, Willian, someone like Aouar and a top striker to replace Lacazette would allow us to do that.

Get all that, with someone like Havertz on top can get us challenging for the league.
I don't mean it specifically has to be Havertz but someone of that top level that is likely to make a huge immediate impact. Havertz is what came to mind.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Get all that, with someone like Havertz on top can get us challenging for the league.
I don't mean it specifically has to be Havertz but someone of that top level that is likely to make a huge immediate impact. Havertz is what came to mind.

I agree with you, we need that player that is absolute magic, a match winner that isn't Auba.

United - Bruno
Liverpool - Van Dijk/Mane
City - KDB
Chelsea - likely to be Havertz
Could argue Sp**s have that player in Son.

Can't think of many players in that realm myself, especially in the AM role.

Manberg

Predator
I agree with you, we need that player that is absolute magic, a match winner that isn't Auba.

United - Bruno
Liverpool - Van Dijk/Mane
City - KDB
Chelsea - likely to be Havertz

Can't think of many players in that realm myself, especially in the AM role.

Exactly.

I know it's not going to happen. But it's what I wish for.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Just watched the sensible transfers episode from Tifo football.

Their three choices for AM/CM/CB are Pellegrini, Partey and Ndicka.

Pellegrini makes so much sense especially if Roma want Torreira.

Manberg

Predator
Just watched the sensible transfers episode from Tifo football.

Their three choices for AM/CM/CB are Pellegrini, Partey and Ndicka.

Pellegrini makes so much sense especially if Roma want Torreira.

Pellegrini's an odd choice in my opinion because he's Italian and a Roma boy. I doubt he'll leave Roma any time soon and even if he did, he's likely to have trouble adapting to the premier league.
Sanson in that creative CM role suits us better. Unsure about the transfer fee.
Aouar's another option.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Pellegrini's an odd choice in my opinion because he's Italian and a Roma boy. I doubt he'll leave Roma any time soon and even if he did, he's likely to have trouble adapting to the premier league.

These owners seem to not give a **** about that anymore. Totti off the board, De Rossi treated poorly on the way out & trying to shift Florenzi again this window.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

wage bill will go down with Özil leaving. We can worry about next year’s wage bill, next year.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I don’t usually post stuff like this but apparently we’re in talks with Thiago and Lacazette is 100% leaving.

My mate at work actually knows Thiago which I’ve Just found out. Been talking to Thiago since Jan.

I would go crazy if we signed him, he is one of my fav. players - just hope he can stay injury free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom