• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joelson Fernandes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom349

Worst part of this rumour is there is zero reliable Portuguese media outlets that I have ever come across but given the club hierarchies relationship with English media we won't get any information from them whether there isn't anything to the Joelson rumours. We're basically in limbo and only have the Kia connection as to why it could be likely.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Considering we cant afford players to improve our first 11 I cant see us dropping 30-40m on this player.

We need first team players first. Then squad players. Then prospects.

We have Saka, Martinelli, Nelson, willock ESR etc as prospects

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Considering we cant afford players to improve our first 11 I cant see us dropping 30-40m on this player.

What is actually wrong with you? We are in for Partey and Gabriel at around £70M for the pair. :lol:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

tenor.gif

Manberg

Predator
Sure, he's one for the future. But we can either pay £40m now or £150m in four years.

I'm just assuming he's a very highly rated wonderkind. I haven't seen him play.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Sure, he's one for the future. But we can either pay £40m now or £150m in four years.

I'm just assuming he's a very highly rated wonderkind. I haven't seen him play.
Our scouts must rate him really highly... Oh wait...

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Why on earth would Arteta want more youth, we basically have the biggest set of youngsters incorporated in our first team in the league and many more coming up.

Makes absolutely no sense at all, Arteta will pretty much be keen on getting more experience and certainty in perfomance to add to that team.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

Why on earth would Arteta want more youth, we basically have the biggest set of youngsters incorporated in our first team in the league and many more coming up.

Makes absolutely no sense at all, Arteta will pretty much be keen on getting more experience and certainty in perfomance to add to that team.

How does it make no sense at all? We have a big set of youngsters incorporated in our team because the bar is much lower than at other clubs. A talent like Willock or Maitland-Niles doesn't get a look in at City, Chelsea, or Liverpool. And for every biggish talent we have like Saka or Nelson or Martinelli other clubs have their Greenwoods, Fodens, Braafs, Garcías, Brahím Diazs, Curtis Jones, etc. etc.

Buying young players with real top class potential is really where the best value in the market is at. Look at Madrid who made this reading of the market early on and are now stocked with massive assets in attack (Vinicius, Rodrygo, Ødegaard, Reinier, Brahim, Kubo, saying nothing of their academy talents which is producing as well as any club's atm) and how Barça is now trying to copy them a bit late (Trincao, Matheus Fernandes, Pedri, Todibo).

Just as I felt the window where we were linked with Sancho he was the potential signing that would make the most difference, I feel that way about Joelson in this one. If we really want to move forward into challenging for titles again as a club we will need to hit on a few of these signings. Martinelli and Saliba is a nice start but we certainly have to continue, especially with dynamic attacking players which in the end will make the difference in the club really pushing on or just topping out at 4th place trophy battles.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
How does it make no sense at all? We have a big set of youngsters incorporated in our team because the bar is much lower than at other clubs. A talent like Willock or Maitland-Niles doesn't get a look in at City, Chelsea, or Liverpool. And for every biggish talent we have like Saka or Nelson or Martinelli other clubs have their Greenwoods, Fodens, Braafs, Garcías, Brahím Diazs, Curtis Jones, etc. etc.

Buying young players with real top class potential is really where the best value in the market is at. Look at Madrid who made this reading of the market early on and are now stocked with massive assets in attack (Vinicius, Rodrygo, Ødegaard, Reinier, Brahim, Kubo, saying nothing of their academy talents which is producing as well as any club's atm) and how Barça is now trying to copy them a bit late (Trincao, Matheus Fernandes, Pedri, Todibo).

Just as I felt the window where we were linked with Sancho he was the potential signing that would make the most difference, I feel that way about Joelson in this one. If we really want to move forward into challenging for titles again as a club we will need to hit on a few of these signings. Martinelli and Saliba is a nice start but we certainly have to continue, especially with dynamic attacking players which in the end will make the difference in the club really pushing on or just topping out at 4th place trophy battles.
But have you seen the players around those youngsters? There is a world of difference between playing sorrounded with quality at city than being thrown to the mouth's lion in a team with a very poor first team. Instead you burned their development.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Joelson is interesting but this is our most underwhelming link right now and i have a feeling that we doesnt want him at all.

Exactly. When you watch his youtube comps, you can't say he is a guaranteed superstar for the future. Throwing that kind of money on a prospect is something we should never do. Focus on developing our youngsters and if there's a prospect don't pay anything over 25m.

Btw, what happened to the two PSG youngsters that were on a free? Shouldn't we be all over them than waste a valuable chunk of the budget on a prospect?

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
As promising as he is, this would be a signing I'd oppose. I don't think we want him no reliable sources are linking us to him

Halcyon Daze

AMN or Willock would get a “look in” at Chelsea. Azpilicueta is crap now and they’re bringing on the likes of Barkley in midfield. Lot of Chelsea loving going on in this forum, they ain’t all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom