• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You think Willian doesn't improve us? :lol:
He won't improve us. We already have Pepe on that wing and he's younger, more able, and quicker. Now he's finally bedding in, there's no need for another winger.

Now if you say he's back up and flexible, fair enough, but I say Saka, Nelson and Martinelli are perfectly acceptable back ups. Not as good as Willian granted, and if we do buy players for the midfield and defensive positions we're crying out for, and can afford their wages in addition to Willian, then I'll change my tune.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Diawara is decent player but really nothing special if he Torreira replacement then fine but Partey and Ceballos should be added with him.

Diawara also not regular starter for Roma he only played 30 games all competitions. Pellegrini and Veretout are the regular starters

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He won't improve us. We already have Pepe on that wing and he's younger, more able, and quicker. Now he's finally bedding in, there's no need for another winger.

Just a small comment, but in his whole career Willian has played 175 games at RW (while there was certain Hazard at LW in Chelsea), 139 games at LW and 106 games at AMF.

So he is pretty versatile player with good experience, and won't go to RW that much I think (because of Pepe like you said). Depending of course if Auba stays at LW. Or he might play many many positions.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
C'mon, haven't watched Diawara but he is even slower than Torreira in FIFA. Don't need if true?
Telling you mate, just like Torreira, He's a perfect serie a player who struggle in the PL. There's a reason why we rarely sign players from Italy because they don't suit us

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I think it would be a case of Diawara simply replacing Torreira in the squad. If Torreira leaves we need a midfielder to replace him in the squad with the same type of play style, might as well take Diawara. Cheaper wages and has more of a physique suited to the Premier League.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Now if you say he's back up and flexible, fair enough, but I say Saka, Nelson and Martinelli are perfectly acceptable back ups. Not as good as Willian granted, and if we do buy players for the midfield and defensive positions we're crying out for, and can afford their wages in addition to Willian, then I'll change my tune.

This is the sort of @Makingtrax I like to see and can converse with decently.

I think the thing with Willian is he's going to be playing LW/RW/AM and as a third more attacking CM in a 433. So he's in for flexibility as well as being able to create a lot of chances which is what we really lack.

But like you say we need to make 3 or 4 other additions as well as many, many sales.

Onto the thread and a potential Diawara swap, he's nothing special but he's better than Torreira and would suit the Premier league better than Torreira. He's 6ft tall and works his socks off in DM.

You kind of need players like him in your squad, so as that sort of option I don't think you can go wrong. Especially if Ceballos isn't resigning.

However if this is to replace the Partey deal the club can do one. I stress that if we really can't get money for Torreira then I'd do this, but money over Diawara imo.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
When you look at it the club wouldn't just get Diawara in.

Xhaka/Diawara
Willock/Emile Smith Rowe
Willian/Özil

There is just no way Partey and maybe one other isn't signed, our options are so flaccid with who we want to sell.

drippin

I think Torreira might have issues with the language and maybe other things in England. Might as well try with another similar level player.

In that way both teams could win in this swap, especially if Diawara is faster and more physical than Torreira like yousif said, and otherwise good.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

You’re mental. He’s here to play football and he’s a fine footballer. That strengthens us.

drippin

Diawara has missed 26 games since March 2019. Doesn't look very attracting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom