• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

You really are an idiot. If you have a problem with the player fine. You don’t need to resort to calling him parasite and ******. You’re just showing the world how small you are and infecting the forum with your hate.
He's actually kind of a parasite though :lol:
He has absolutely no intentions of playing or helping the club and his salary could pay 2 decent/active players - this is just facts.

If you take your emotions aside, him and the Arsenal execs are truly as bad as each other.
This mud slinging contest is very entertaining however, I duly await Raul or somebodies reply.

Kav

Established Member
You and other Özil’s fans are into Özil, right?
I am not a fan of Özil. I’ve been a Arsenal fan for 24 years, a lot longer than most of you jokers. You don’t have the right to question me so go back in your corner little one.

Once again because someone disagrees with you lot you resort to name calling and attacking him. Truly small minded.

moloso

I am not a fan of Özil. I’ve been a Arsenal fan for 24 years, a lot longer than most of you jokers. You don’t have the right to question me so go back in your corner little one.

Once again because someone disagrees with you lot you resort to name calling and attacking him. Truly small minded.

24 years yet you back Özil? Why?

Elwood

Both Özil and Sanchez should have been sold for big money in the middle of their contracts like what Liverpool did to Suarez and Coutinho, and that money should have been used to reinvest in other players.

It was a failure of epic proportions. Perhaps sparked by the whole “we can’t sell our best players” mindset.
Obvious in hindsight, would probably cause a riot or something.

Kav

Established Member
He's actually kind of a parasite though :lol:
He has absolutely no intentions of playing or helping the club and his salary could pay 2 decent/active players - this is just facts.

If you take your emotions aside, him and the Arsenal execs are truly as bad as each other.
This mud slinging contest is very entertaining however, I duly await Raul or somebodies reply.

Well I can’t speak to his intentions and I certainly don’t see how anyone else can. He has expressed his availability to play. That is a matter between the manager and him.

As for the salary situation, how can anyone be angry that someone else is well paid. It’s not as if he gave himself the money. What people should be concerned with is the thought process behind why the executives gave him that salary. I’m more concerned about those making the decisions because I don’t agree with the wages. It sets a negative precedent with respect to cost control. However that horse has bolted and we have to make the best of the situation.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Only thing that hurts here is the Uyghur muslim part. Sucks to see the glaring difference between the reaction to that vs BLM. Its not news, I know, it’s all about the money. If BLM wasn’t mainstream we (the club) wouldn’t talk about that either. Mostly just sad to face the facts like that again.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

I’m an Arsenal fan for 25 years, does it mean I can see you as a joker? And you don’t have the right to reply to me? Feel sorry for you.

Kav

Established Member
24 years yet you back Özil? Why?
Where do you see me backing Özil? Is this a comprehension issue?

I am not backing anyone in this fight. Merely being objective. Do I think Özil has performed up to the standards set prior to the big contract? No!
Do I think he’s over paid? Yes.

However that doesn’t mean you get to smear his character because he has chosen to honour his contract by staying and fighting for his place.

I don’t see what is so difficult in understanding basic human decency.

In short, it is about standards. How I choose to conduct myself and how I see things. Not because we disagree on a subject means that I am backing someone. Not because I offer a different opinion means I am a fan of that person. Too many simpletons are on here spouting nonsense. I’m merely one of the few who will call you out on it.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Only thing that hurts here is the Uyghur muslim part. Sucks to see the glaring difference between the reaction to that vs BLM. Its not news, I know, it’s all about the money. If BLM wasn’t mainstream we (the club) wouldn’t talk about that either. Mostly just sad to face the facts like that again.

It is about money, you won’t hear a pin drop from a Muslim country like Pakistan because China practically own them. Actually quite the opposite.

Finesse

The guy comes out and tells his side of the story, how is this a "PR stunt"?

Exactly! Meanwhile the club ( a few individuals making decisions) have kicked the ball into the tall grass and letting the fans decide for themselves with what they can pick from media gossips. Özil is no saint but the club has not handled this well.

I read people making categoric statements here on Özil’s crimes with absolutely no facts / no direct quotes from any club official.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He makes a good point with the Uighur stuff though. If there’s anything I hate it’s corporate activism where they'll make a stand once it’s beneficial and doesn’t hurt their money.

I hate how this point has been taken by alt-right d*ckheads as an example of whataboutery but really the BLM stuff from the Premier League was surface level stuff.

Many of the clubs have had and arguably still have racist hiring policies, as well as terrible records when it comes to racist bullying from coaches who’ve they’ve protected. So really, putting BLM on your shirts for a few games without making any actual changes just sticks in the throat.

I’m not saying the club should wheel out the “F*ck China” banners but falling over themselves in distancing themselves from him was a bad look.

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Exactly! Meanwhile the club ( a few individuals making decisions) have kicked the ball into the tall grass and letting the fans decide for themselves with what they can pick from media gossips. Özil is no saint but the club has not handled this well.
I agree with this.

Kav

Established Member
I’m an Arsenal fan for 25 years, does it mean I can see you as a joker? And you don’t have the right to reply to me? Feel sorry for you.
Content and context is important. Look at what you posted and what I posted earlier and see who’s being out of place. I assure you it is not I. You were being rude. Now instead of continuing to act like an ass. Try to be humble about it.

Last edited:

Miyata

Club was in a dialogue for more than a couple of weeks with all the players whilst all other players agreed to the paycut and got onto their jobs, this idiot kept his propaganda on. People like you fall for his clear agenda and this interview is a testament of it.

Arteta has clearly lost the confidence in him as he was crucial to the paycut talks. His whole philosophy runs around unity which Özil clearly lacks of.

Nobody is surprised by his antics and its pretty much boring by now. He will go down as a leech and not a legend at this club.

Also, the talk of him caring about the club is hogwash, the dude was not even present during our FA Cup final game. Some of you fall for the PR so easily.
Post of the month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom