• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It’s whataboutery because you’re having a pop at me over Özil when I’ve not even mentioned him?

Read my post again, the club desperate to distance themselves from any Chinese fallout while paying lip service to BLM is the definition of hypocrisy.

Just stay out of it altogether if you’re not willing to make real changes to the way the club is ran.
This discussion is about Özil vs the club, so why won't I bring up Özil?
If Özil fans are running around calling Arsenal hypocrites for not standing up for the Uyghur people in China then Özil is an hypocrite for being chummy with Erdogan.

You should know by now that everything that has come out of Özil (or his agents) mouth in the past year is all PR büllshít.

Why people are painting Arsenal as the monster and Özil as damsel in need of saving is beyond me.

By the way, I didn't mean to have a go at you, just trying to point out how disingenuous it is to paint Arsenal as the evil corporation that turns it's eye at bad things happening in the world, while Özil is seeing as the damsel in distress

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Forgot which journalist made the point but would the club have distanced themselves from "political statements" if in the 80s one of their players had spoken out against Apartheid?

Yeah that’s an incredible point. Of course they wouldn’t.

The only reason the UK issued a sports boycott is because an English BAME cricketer was barred by the South Africans from playing.

These governments and companies only care when it’s a risk to their money not to or it directly affects them.

Last edited:

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Arteta was the one pushing for the wage cuts. He got the majority of the team to agree to it. Refusing it was disrespecting Arteta, the team and the club. No player is bigger than the club.
Tell that to Xhaka now who is upset with the owners and feels cheated by them.

He is a greedy cvnt just like Kroenke tbf.
I don't want him here either, but credit should be given to standing up to the Kroenkes and seeing through their bullshit.

As others throughout the Arsenal community have said: on this matter, be mad at the Kroenkes, not Özil. Özil is an easy target to focus blame but the real issue are the owners.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

That Leicester game. Again. For the 1000th time. 65% of Özil highlight videos on the internet are sourced from this one game. Was this his only appearance for Arsenal FC?

Jesus wept.
A game that was two years ago ffs :lol: :rofl:

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Yeah that’s an incredible point. Of course they wouldn’t.

The only reason the UK issued a sports boycott is because an English BAME cricketer was barred by the South Africans from playing.

These government and companies only care when it’s a risk to their money not to or it directly affects them.
China is a big market and only so many will take the chance of being critical of them.

say yes

forum master baiter
You probably have more respect for those calls if he didn’t finish 8th in the league, after we were two points off 3rd last season.
Weird to see you keep bigging up Emery G.

You’re probably right that he deserves more respect for his decision to drop Özil though. After all, he finished just two points from 3rd and reached a European cup final!

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Emery is interesting actually, I like how the failure of this season all falls on him now, which is clearly wrong.
I remember you saying last summer that we'll finish 3rd or 4th regardless of Emery

GDeep™

League is very weak
In the summer you said this squad is good enough for top 3...who else fault could it be other than Emerys?
I overestimated the squad. Luiz was poor all season, Dani wasn’t performing at all, how was I suppose to see that? Tierney was injured, Pepe as expected is taking his time to settle etc.

My prediction was mainly based on Frank having to play kids at Chelsea and that bum Ole done better than expected, Bruno in Jan gave them a boost.

Moah

How? Mainly young kids coming to see a player they like/admire/idolise. I done something similar with Bergkamp.
I meant in hindsight. Everyone thought he would be the saviour that will bring us the title and all, but as we all found out he wasn't all that.

He delivered straight away, albeit briefly, but we so desperately needed more talent in that team.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
“I’ll decide when I go, not other people. I didn’t sign for two or three years, I signed for four and that should be respected by everyone.

Mesut be like:
giphy.gif

I think that the club and Arteta need to figure a way out and use him so we can possibly get something out of this dire situation and our lack of creativity.
The problem is that he doesn't give a **** anymore if he's on the pitch or on the bench, so what's his motivation going to be?
Maybe his market value dropping, but I can still see him get a big pay day as soon as he becomes a free agent, so I feel that we poked the bear with the decisions that were made during the quarantine regarding him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I think that the club and Arteta need to figure a way out and use him so we can possibly get something out of this dire situation and our lack of creativity.
Im quite happy to ignore him and watch him juice the club for bantz myself.

We tried forcing him numerous times it never works - I don't see the point. We should honour the contract, the club has been thieving the fans for ages anyways so more power to Özil I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom