• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Im quite happy to ignore him and watch him juice the club for bantz myself.

We tried forcing him numerous times it never works - I don't see the point. We should honour the contract, the club has been thieving the fans for ages anyways so more power to Özil I say.
We really shat the bed completely with this guy, starting from his contract extension to what is going on now.

sykesy69

I just don't get how in this situation this helps you get back into the football team. The piece seems purely divisive, drawing clear battle lines.

For me it just seems as though he wants to punish the club for what he feels as being mistreated (wrongly or rightly), he's in a position to do it and so he is.

He says he has "love" for the club, but I don't really buy it.

As Snoop Dogg once said; "you don't love me, you just love my doggystyle". In Özil's case does he really love the club, or does he love the contract given by the club.

If you truly felt that the club and individuals at the club have mistreated you to the point that you're having to publicly defend yourself like this and have been doing so for a number of months, would you really still be in love with the club? If you really loved the club, wouldn't you want the best for the club, whilst acting in the interest of yourself? Wouldn't you come to a solution, as you suggested should happen in a case like this?

I have no knowledge of want went down during the CV-19 period that meant he played no games after. But with Arteta initially coming in with a clean slate, he tried to make things work for a number of players. You saw more running and effort from Özil, but still things didn't really click for him on the pitch.

Arteta is trying to build a collective culture at the club, which has little room for individuals acting in the interests of themselves. It seems to be built more on individuals acting for everything he believes the club should stand for. Baring in mind he's only really responsible for the players (those Execs need to buy into this ethos as well), Ozils actions from the outside and even this piece, seem like his main focus is himself.

I just feel as the highest paid earner on a team, you need to consistently be proving and displaying why you're paid what you are. I just don't see it with Özil, which is the real disappointment as we know what he has been capable of in the past. Then the whole soap opera around him makes it even worse...

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Agreed.

Regardless on your views on Özil, he hit some home truths for sure - the club isn't covering itself in glory here.
And Arteta is suspect in this as well. He amplified the whole thing more than it needed to be.
I don't know what was said behind the scenes, but the guy made some moves that are biting us on the ass big time right now.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Oh wow. Arseblog was mildly critical of the Özil interview. Fast forward, he is now being outed as a racist by twitter.

Absolute scenes.

moloso

And Arteta is suspect in this as well. He amplified the whole thing more than it needed to be.
I don't know what was said behind the scenes, but the guy made some moves that are biting us on the ass big time right now.

You think he had a choice or even necessarily wanted the players to take a cut? I know a guy who had to fire 30 people in a day only to be let go himself at the end of said day at the start of lockdown. It's always the line manager as **** travels down hill.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arteta definitely has a choice, his job is to train and pick the best team he can pick on match day. Özil made it onto the bench a couple times and if he got the odd run out, we wouldn’t have blinked.

That being said Özil knows what he’s doing, if you’re serious about getting back into the team this is a really bad way to do it.

Anyone noticed Sokratis has disappeared entirely almost? Wonder if he queried they pay reductions too,

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
You think he had a choice or even necessarily wanted the players to take a cut?
Of course he had a choice. He's the coach and decides who plays and who doesn't.
The higher ups aren't going to tell him that Özil won't be playing when he's our highest paid player.

moloso

Arteta definitely has a choice, his job is to train and pick the best team he can pick on match day. Özil made it onto the bench a couple times and if he got the odd run out, we wouldn’t have blinked.

That being said Özil knows what he’s doing, if you’re serious about getting back into the team this is a really bad way to do it.

Anyone noticed Sokratis has disappeared entirely almost? Wonder if he queried they pay reductions too,

If you were referring to my post, I meant in terms of the pay cuts and acting as an intermediary.

I thought Sokratis as well but then again maybe Arteta just doesn't rate him or knows he's off in the next few weeks.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I really don't see why Özil can't play in the league cup and Europa league games at the very least.

He's capable of creating an assist against the likes of Birmingham and FC farmhands from Slovenia.

A sub when we're trailing in a game and need some creativity?

Not playing him in any games whatsoever is a massive waste of money and unless Mikel caught Özil trying to get with his wife, there's no reason for it.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
It seems like Eduardo Hagn is trying to portray Andrew Mangan (Arseblog) as a racist because of the criticism that Mangan expressed against the parasite on Twitter today. You can do whatever you want if you want to defend the parasite apparently. Mangan is a pretty typical leftist and definitely not a racist so this is beyond absurd.

Finesse

I just don't get how in this situation this helps you get back into the football team. The piece seems purely divisive, drawing clear battle lines.

For me it just seems as though he wants to punish the club for what he feels as being mistreated (wrongly or rightly), he's in a position to do it and so he is.

He says he has "love" for the club, but I don't really buy it.

As Snoop Dogg once said; "you don't love me, you just love my doggystyle". In Özil's case does he really love the club, or does he love the contract given by the club.

If you truly felt that the club and individuals at the club have mistreated you to the point that you're having to publicly defend yourself like this and have been doing so for a number of months, would you really still be in love with the club? If you really loved the club, wouldn't you want the best for the club, whilst acting in the interest of yourself? Wouldn't you come to a solution, as you suggested should happen in a case like this?

I have no knowledge of want went down during the CV-19 period that meant he played no games after. But with Arteta initially coming in with a clean slate, he tried to make things work for a number of players. You saw more running and effort from Özil, but still things didn't really click for him on the pitch.

Arteta is trying to build a collective culture at the club, which has little room for individuals acting in the interests of themselves. It seems to be built more on individuals acting for everything he believes the club should stand for. Baring in mind he's only really responsible for the players (those Execs need to buy into this ethos as well), Ozils actions from the outside and even this piece, seem like his main focus is himself.

I just feel as the highest paid earner on a team, you need to consistently be proving and displaying why you're paid what you are. I just don't see it with Özil, which is the real disappointment as we know what he has been capable of in the past. Then the whole soap opera around him makes it even worse...

You keep using “ the Club “ ! Can we all accept it’s just a bunch of people like you are me paid and given the privilege to make decisions in the name of every Arsenal fan ! Are they now beyond reproach ? They are employees like Özil too with stated objectives to deliver. Until “ the club “ and Arteta come out clean to provide full visibility on the issues raised why should they be given benefit of the doubt ! This is simple objectivity ! The divisive part is the club completely silent and leaving the fans to guess or base analysis on tabloid gossip to understand their position.

Don’t get this twisted. You are an Arsenal fan. You have the right to put the club first and suck up to keep the herd happy as a show of loyalty. Özil is an employee and paid to play for Arsenal. The last time he was renewed on those wages he had no gun on the club’s head. Today Auba is getting a raise and I hope this does not come to haunt him in the near future. Being the best paid player at a club does not make any player the reason for the current situation at Arsenal. If Özil has been **** for the past 2 years , then it is same with every other player. It’s a team game. 3 managers and counting , disastrous decisions at board level etc. As fans we must remain objective. An FA cup win has got some of us blind again.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I've read something that Özil himself has said he is set to stay for his last year & no one will stop him even if they want him out.

Everyone has got to accept it if that is right, no one will stop me from liking this guy despite all his controversy last few years, if he ever plays this coming season I bet he'll still do something worth it. No one can do anything about it so I'd presume Arteta knows & you'd think he'll give him a game or 2 at least.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We all agree he seems to be on the button with the pay thing?

I’ll defend any player in this situation, this is not an Özil thing for me. There were hundreds of players before Özil who we liked/defended and there will be hundreds after Özil goes.

When you call someone a fan boy it’s a cheap insult and a diversion really. Btw, nobody again is telling me about his “toxic behaviour”. I have been asking for weeks now.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
You literally said people defending him are not Arsenal fans. Cut the bullshit.

Yes, but did i say that you have to agree with me to be an Arsenal fan? No, i didnt. My interpretation of the post was that the idiot actually meant that people have to share my opinions in general to be an Arsenal fan and thats bs. I didnt connect it only to the Özil discussion but in the context of that discussion i refuse to change my mind. If you defend Özil you arent an Arsenal fan.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Yes, but did i say that you have to agree with me to be an Arsenal fan? No, i didnt. My interpretation of the post was that the idiot actually meant that people have to share my opinions in general to be an Arsenal fan and thats bs. I didnt connect it only to the Özil discussion but in the context of that discussion i refuse to change my mind. If you defend Özil you arent an Arsenal fan.
You're arguing semantics. People don't agree with you re:Özil, so you claimed they're not fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom