• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manberg

Predator
How is Keown having a go at Mes for this goal...wasn't this when Xhaka booted right to a Stoke player under no pressure, then needlessly ran at him, which the Stoke player easily passed it round him and then it lead to the goal.

Mes is the number 10 ffs, maybe you could blame Ramsey for being too high up, but I don't see how it was Özil's fault.

I don't remember this game particularly. But I do remember Özil getting constant criticism from football experts even before he signed his contract. Lazy, poor body language etc... It went on for a long while. Arsenal fans were oblivious to it.

vantoure

Arteta definitely has a choice, his job is to train and pick the best team he can pick on match day. Özil made it onto the bench a couple times and if he got the odd run out, we wouldn’t have blinked.

That being said Özil knows what he’s doing, if you’re serious about getting back into the team this is a really bad way to do it.

Anyone noticed Sokratis has disappeared entirely almost? Wonder if he queried they pay reductions too,
I've like your balanced view on this thread, even though I have a different opinions to most of them .

But I'd say, this interview was necessary. He's been left without a choice and every man and his dog have had a pot shot at him. Now he speaks up and he shouldn't have. No, I think he did the only thing he could do.

Also the bigger picture is that other clubs now have a 2nd opinion on Özil rather than the party line alone, so at least they could consider him as an option

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Just seen the Özil acolytes on Twitter are in full cancel culture mode trying to accuse arseblog of being a racist :lol:

How dare he be mildly critical of the Özil interview?? All who oppose our sweet darling prince will suffer the same fate!

HauntingMasculineIchthyosaurs-small.gif

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I've like your balanced view on this thread, even though I have a different opinions to most of them .

But I'd say, this interview was necessary. He's been left without a choice and every man and his dog have had a pot shot at him. Now he speaks up and he shouldn't have. No, I think he did the only thing he could do.

Also the bigger picture is that other clubs now have a 2nd opinion on Özil rather than the party line alone, so at least they could consider him as an option
That interview was the most unnecessary thing he’s done since signing his last contract. He made nothing clear because it was all known already. Everybody knew how he felt about everything he touched on. All he’s essentially done is make it even harder to continue his playing career at Arsenal. How are you or anyone else cannot see that is just bewildering. But people will try spinning anything into a positive that comes out of his mouth.

Both sides – people that want him to play and people who don’t – should be pissed off about that interview. I would have liked to have seen him work his way into being an option again in his final year if we are going to keep paying him, but that’s off the table now. And those who wanted to see him play should also now be aware that there is less chance of that happening.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
You think he had a choice or even necessarily wanted the players to take a cut? I know a guy who had to fire 30 people in a day only to be let go himself at the end of said day at the start of lockdown. It's always the line manager as **** travels down hill.
maybe Arteta blessed this interview unofficially. This situation needs resolving and the dicking around by Raul and fellow shysters will hamper the next season and burden a new manager even more. They are old buddies after all.

kash2

I don't see how Özil can take the moral high ground. He's friends with Erdogan so it's hippocritical. Don't they treat Kurdish peoples poorly?

I don't really care about that. What I do care about is this player taking my club for a ride. No player is bigger than the club, certainly not Özil, who I think is average and has been overrated for a long time. It's not just fans that criticise him...

Nopes, thats the oath doctors take.

kash2

he is speaking up as an Arsenal player for the good of the club. This needed to be said. The whole ethos and culture of the club is being tarnished and destroyed. Maybe he felt he needed to relieve some pressure off Arteta who has been carrying the can and fronting up for all the idiocy in the background.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
who would have guessed someone seen as easily upset and apt to feel slighted, and needing delicate handling, would turn out to have the hide of a rhinoceros

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

And those who wanted to see him play should also now be aware that there is less chance of that happening.
After Xhaka’s resurrection anything is possible at this club but I think we can safely say this guy is never playing for us again :lol:

Not after that interview. The guy cried bloody murder and threw in a “f*ck you pay me” in there for good measure.
He certainly had the right to tell his side but yeah the way he’s done it, he’s clearly drawn a line in the sand now and essentially made the club look like a joke.

GDeep™

League is very weak
That interview was the most unnecessary thing he’s done since signing his last contract. He made nothing clear because it was all known already. Everybody knew how he felt about everything he touched on. All he’s essentially done is make it even harder to continue his playing career at Arsenal. How are you or anyone else cannot see that is just bewildering. But people will try spinning anything into a positive that comes out of his mouth.

Both sides – people that want him to play and people who don’t – should be pissed off about that interview. I would have liked to have seen him work his way into being an option again in his final year if we are going to keep paying him, but that’s off the table now. And those who wanted to see him play should also now be aware that there is less chance of that happening.
There are no calls for him to play, think it’s widely accepted by everyone that we are in the Arteta era now and there is no place for a guy like Özil in his 30 plus mould - he’s 32 in a month or so, time for a less demanding league.

He himself probably knows that, hence the interview, nothing to lose for him.

When should he speak? Seem to be constant leaks surrounding him and he barely responds.

GDeep™

League is very weak
After Xhaka’s resurrection anything is possible at this club but I think we can safely say this guy is never playing for us again :lol:

Not after that interview. The guy cried bloody murder and threw in a “f*ck you pay me” in there for good measure.
He certainly had the right to tell his side but yeah the way he’s done it, he’s clearly drawn a line in the sand now and essentially made the club look like a joke.
The line in the sand was already drawn and has been for a while. If anything he’s waited till the season is over to respond.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
We shouldnt do that either.

Do you really deny the social, political and economic impetus of football? Especially in this day and age of football.

"A club is an association of people united by a common interest or goal." "Historically, clubs occurred in all ancient states of which we have detailed knowledge. Once people started living together in larger groups, there was need for people with a common interest to be able to associate despite having no ties of kinship."
That's as socially relevant as it gets.

And now with the absolutely politically motivated involvement of Middle Eastern money in football, you can't even deny this facet of the game. Don't even need to look that far. Mateschitz, the owner of Red Bull is widely known as a right winger, and while he may not slap his ideologies on the football clubs or the RB logo on right parties, he used his money to start a TV channel which regularly gives screentime to right wingers in talkshows, which at times happen to be so far right they ended up the only guests cause everyone else backed out. So even there is some political entanglement to find, look into and be critical of.

Football clubs and sports in general as social activities for which groups of people gather due to their common interest in it and the bigger "power" or draw in terms of influence as well as range that results from this group organization have always been highly socially relevant. Sports in general and football specifically do not exist in a bubble. Neither financial, nor social nor political.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Uli Hoeness was right all along

Neat bringing up quotes by a known market crier, opportunist and hypocrite.

The boss of a club which came out to counter critical media with "human dignity is inviolable" only to himself publicly attack Juan Bernat as "having played like a pile of ****e" a week later, said the same about Özil and called Karim Bellarabi "mentally challenged". A club that's got deep business ties with Katar and who's CEO got caught at the airport trying to smuggle in luxury watches he got as "presents" when coming back from said country to inspect reports about the human rights violations connected to the WC, stating he looked at it all and could see no wrong doings by Katar.

And oh, btw Hoeness a convicted criminal, too.

Last edited:

Manberg

Predator
Neat bringing up quotes by a known market crier, opportunist and hypocrite.

The boss of a club who came out to counter critical media with "human dignity is inviolable" only to publicly attack Juan Bernat as "having played like a pile of ****e" a week later, said the same about Özil and called Karim Bellarabi "mentally challenged". A club that's got deep business ties with Katar.

And oh, btw he's a convicted criminal, too.

How's any of that relevant to the quotes in question? If someone does something bad, is everything they say wrong? Can they not be right about something?

I'm left wing, but that doesn't mean I support cancel culture.

Elwood

I can’t stand him but i think I’d be on his side in this one. Can’t stand all these Özil freaks on twitter. The day he leaves and they **** off with him will be one of the great days as a fan in recent times. Probably better than the FA cup win.
That's kinda sad. Why would you care what random idiots post on social media?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom