• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions Quarter-Finals (Aug 12-15)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,772
  • Views 63,000

Bloodbather

Established Member

They're not. They scooped up a lot of Eastern Germans who hadn't even 2nd, 3rd or 4th tier but still traditional clubs to support as Eastern German football has been done since the re-unification of Germany, but they're not well supported at all. They're like a Disney Land of football for Eastern Germans.

They'll get there eventually. Their kids will probably support RB Leipzig.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Thought Sabitzer and Upamecano were incredibly impressive tonight. Sabizter is the sort of player we could do with in the 3 Arteta wants to play. Pretty similar player is Szlobzslai, probably butchered the spelling of his names but he's a similar sort of talent.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
They'll get there eventually. Their kids will probably support RB Leipzig.

Yeah, definitely. That's actually how you can see why they chose that destination. Leipzig is as plastic as they come. That they got a football genius in Rangnick to build them and they're doing good work shouldn't change that.

They chose Eastern Germany cause they knew there's a lot of potential to build a fanbase for a top flight football club.

Toby

Thought Sabitzer and Upamecano were incredibly impressive tonight. Sabizter is the sort of player we could do with in the 3 Arteta wants to play. Pretty similar player is Szlobzslai, probably butchered the spelling of his names but he's a similar sort of talent.

Would definitely put in a cheeky bid for one of them. Sabitzer seems settled though, won't swap Leipzig for Arsenal atm, I guess.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

Some folk on this forum still mad for us to sign him btw.

because playing for atletico or arsenal is something different for offensive players. don't think he has world class potential, but surely he is better than 0 g/a a season. the same with Joao Felix.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Some folk on this forum still mad for us to sign him btw.

Thank God Sanchez' move to City fell through really...Mkh wasn't great, but at least it helped us get Auba...this would have been a disaster :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Would definitely put in a cheeky bid for one of them. Sabitzer seems settled though, won't swap Leipzig for Arsenal atm, I guess.

Despite Upa signing an extension until 2023 I feel that's just to protect his price. I reckon he would be available for the right price. But that price is probably 50-60M

Toby

Thank God Sanchez' move to City fell through really...Mkh wasn't great, but at least it helped us get Auba...this would have been a disaster :lol:

Wasn't the Mkhi Alexis swap almost zero zero? So if Arsenal actually had sold Alexis in the summer it could've been Lemar and Auba?

Because denying a truck full of money for Sanchez, then swapping him for a washed up Mkhi because he pushes for a move and making no money in the wake of that is pretty **** business and the club could still afford Auba in the winter.

Toby

Despite Upa signing an extension until 2023 I feel that's just to protect his price. I reckon he would be available for the right price. But that price is probably 50-60M

Didn't actually mean Upa. Meant Sabitzer or Szoboszlai. Upa is beyond Arsenal's reach if healthy

Toby

FFS. 3 months older than this man and I'm sat here all night refreshing the transfer rumors page in my boxers.

But then again he's been in this profession and working his way up for 12 years. He ended his career aged 20 because of injuries and became Tuchel's co as opponent analyst. It's still a remarkable trajectory the guy is on and I can only imagine what he will have done when he hits 50 or 60, but it's not like he started working in the game yesterday or a few years ago.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Yeah, definitely. That's actually how you can see why they chose that destination. Leipzig is as plastic as they come. That they got a football genius in Rangnick to build them and they're doing good work shouldn't change that.

They chose Eastern Germany cause they knew there's a lot of potential to build a fanbase for a top flight football club.

Pretty funny how you can go from plastic origins to a legitimate club if you play your cards right. After some point there will be enough people with genuine affection for the club that it'll probably be able to survive as a more modest club even if the investment gets cut off at some point.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Didn't actually mean Upa. Meant Sabitzer or Szoboszlai. Upa is beyond Arsenal's reach if healthy

Ohhh, yeah I definitely agree. Szoboszlai has a release clause payable in 3 instalments. Feel the club might just stick with ESR as the younger option though.

On a side note just found out that Upa has a release clause for next year at 42m euro... so many clubs will be on that.

Toby

This is incredible.

Still
Pretty funny how you can go from plastic origins to a legitimate club if you play your cards right. After some point there will be enough people with genuine affection for the club that it'll probably be able to survive as a more modest club even if the investment gets cut off at some point.

It's not. The investment will never cease and the attraction will always be that of a sudden attraction. No one should make their kid like a plastic club like Leipzig. Rather support a traditional club further down.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom