• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian Joins Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Few of the usual bum squad struggling to get their head around the fact that the manager they can't stop rimming has specifically requested Willian the board followed it up by getting him and backing the manager.

You don't have to rate Willian, but this is Arteta's guy.

Bum squad are the ones celebrating this signing like it's a 21 year old Messi.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Few of the usual bum squad struggling to get their head around the fact that the manager they can't stop rimming has specifically requested Willian the board followed it up by getting him and backing the manager.

The bum squad is you and your gang. Weren’t you guys creaming over Luiz like he’s Bobby Moore in the summer?

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Here’s Arteta’s interview: https://www.arsenal.com/news/arteta-how-willian-can-make-big-difference

Arteta really stressing how he has signed Willian for his versatility and character. Also said it was great for the club because he was free.

Genuinely think those three words tell us everything we need to know about this transfer. It seems like an opportunistic move by the club to strengthen our attacking options on the cheap, rather than a key signing.

Interestingly, he mentioned how Willian remains a top professional even when he is not starting every game, and never creates problems within the squad. Veiled dig at Mesut?

there's a difference between wanting to get a player cause he is free, and getting a player for his skills and class, who by some chance has an expiring contract. Every club who gets a player on free, be it a kid or a star, can't escape the fact player was free, but at no point did Mikel say that was the reason we got him, or that it was.even one of the reasons....it's just a fact, no need to twist his words and then build on the whole theory based on that nonsense

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

The bum squad is you and your gang. Weren’t you guys creaming over Luiz like he’s Bobby Moore in the summer?

I said at the time we should get Luiz, we had no ball playing CB's and he started nearly every game under all 3 managers. Would I of preferred Upamecano ofc, but we couldn't afford him.

Luiz just won us an FA Cup.

Can you imagine having Holding/Sokratis/Mustafi as our ball playing CB's? No thanks.

Chaoz_Enigma

How did Arsenal end up with the biggest online fanbase anyway?

You would imagine the majority of the users on social media would be quite young, which would be fans of other more successful teams this decade...as Arsenal probably haven't attracted as many fans in the 2010s as they did in the 2000s.
Its the Arsène effect.....i guess...

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko

Agreed. You can't keep whining about how the board doesn't support the manager and still whine when they do.

It's also Arteta's first real transfer window and directly after he got us the FA cup. There's no need to go all bleak about our future right now.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Heard our next signing is this Brazilian tank.

Bruno-Mazzioti-scaled.jpg

Hopefully he brings his PEDs with him, the likes of Willian and Pepe to destroy the PL next season.

:drool:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
"We tried to create a better balance in the squad but we know that takes time to balance the squad the way me and Mikel want to. To balance properly, we need to sell players, to buy players and that takes time, not just day and night.

"It will take time but with Willian, we've started a big process.We've identified the needs in the squad and he's the one to start to rebalance the squad as we want to.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

"We tried to create a better balance in the squad but we know that takes time to balance the squad the way me and Mikel want to. To balance properly, we need to sell players, to buy players and that takes time, not just day and night.

"It will take time but with Willian, we've started a big process.We've identified the needs in the squad and he's the one to start to rebalance the squad as we want to.

You know what mate, I can listen to Edu, no need to post, cheers.

Reactions: A_G

Agreed. You can't keep whining about how the board doesn't support the manager and still whine when they do.

It's also Arteta's first real transfer window and directly after he got us the FA cup. There's no need to go all bleak about our future right now.
I agree too. In addition, our Hale End graduates are coming of age. I'd rather we didn't sign anyone who would block their path. I'd say Willian was probably the best option we could find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom