• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Seems like we will see two more midfielders (Partey and Ceballos ideally), a CB (Gabriel?) but I have no idea who the forward will be.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Seems like we will see two more midfielders (Partey and Ceballos ideally), a CB (Gabriel?) but I have no idea who the forward will be.

Forward will probably come if Lacazette leaves, I reckon Arteta would rather keep him this year though.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Forward will probably come if Lacazette leaves, I reckon Arteta would rather keep him this year though.

I suppose it depends on the formation as well. If Willian is behind the striker and Auba moves up front we’re a bit short on the wings, especially with the congested schedule. They might want two good options for each position.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

I'd rather Lacazette goes whilst his stock is relatively high. Next year he'll be going into the last year of his deal and I don't want us signing him up on a 200k+ new deal.

There's a lot of players who could come in for Lacazette but I think the first thing we should be enquiring about is Laca + cash for Dybala.

Dybala fixes so many problems and is no longer wanted by Juve. He also has two years left on his deal. Even with potential signings this summer the squad would still lack some proper magic. Dybala provides that. There's also not many clubs now who can A afford him and B actually need him. With Lacazette involved he suddenly becomes affordable for us.

I am living in a dream land thinking it could be possible, but why not?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd rather Lacazette goes whilst his stock is relatively high. Next year he'll be going into the last year of his deal and I don't want us signing him up on a 200k+ new deal.

There's a lot of players who could come in for Lacazette but I think the first thing we should be enquiring about is Laca + cash for Dybala.

Dybala fixes so many problems and is no longer wanted by Juve. He also has two years left on his deal. Even with potential signings this summer the squad would still lack some proper magic. Dybala provides that. There's also not many clubs now who can A afford him and B actually need him. With Lacazette involved he suddenly becomes affordable for us.

I am living in a dream land thinking it could be possible, but why not?

Does he though? He is a talented player no doubt, but i think he is the type of player that stuggles in the model game. He is a traditional second striker number 10 type, and we've seen these players phased out by the top teams recently.

Arteta is on record stating he wants to play with two attacking midfielders (433), which leaves no room for Dybala. I dont think he can play center forward, and won't play on the right when we have Pepe, and certainly can't play in midfield.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Does he though? He is a talented player no doubt, but i think he is the type of player that stuggles in the model game. He is a traditional second striker number 10 type, and we've seen these players phased out by the top teams recently.

Arteta is on record stating he wants to play with two attacking midfielders (433), which leaves no room for Dybala. I dont think he can play center forward, and won't play on the right when we have Pepe, and certainly can't play in midfield.

This is the thing, when Arteta first came in he wanted to use 4231. He also wants to sign a 6, 8 and a 10. Could be within two players... Partey/Dybala for example.

I think we'll use 433/4231 and 343 throughout the whole season. I also think he would work incredibly well in a 433 as a striker that drops a little deeper.

We do want players who don't hesitate to join, so that could be an issue considering Dybala's demands seemed to be stupid last season to leave the club.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This is the thing, when Arteta first came in he wanted to use 4231. He also wants to sign a 6, 8 and a 10. Could be within two players... Partey/Dybala for example.

I think we'll use 433/4231 and 343 throughout the whole season. I also think he would work incredibly well in a 433 as a striker that drops a little deeper.

We do want players who don't hesitate to join, so that could be an issue considering Dybala's demands seemed to be stupid last season to leave the club.

Mmm, I'm not sure he has the physicality or stamina to be able to play that role, I fear he'd face a lot of the problems Lacazette does.

I'd much rather sign a 6/8 type (Partey) an then a player that can play 8 in a 433 or 10 in a 4231, a profile like Aouar/Grealish/Maddison would be perfect.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Not that I consider Dybala a real possibility for us to begin with, but I also have my doubts weather he would even work as a CF in the PL. Even in the case he dropped deeper, if you look at what Firmino does at 'Pool for example, that's a position where you have to win a lot of physical battles. I think we need a mobile and physical CF. Somebody who can press, hold-up and also work as a target man when needed. Since we probably can't go and buy a world class finished article, I would even tolerate somewhat average finishing as long as his overall play would help us to get more goals from wide players and midfield and most of all help our pressing game. Seeing how easily Tierney made the transition from SPL to EPL, Edouard certainly is interesting. However, I think he is quite pricey at this point already. We might have to go for somebody even less proven given that our priorities should be DM and CB.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Not that I consider Dybala a real possibility for us to begin with, but I also have my doubts weather he would even work as a CF in the PL. Even in the case he dropped deeper, if you look at what Firmino does at 'Pool for example, that's a position where you have to win a lot of physical battles. I think we need a mobile and physical CF. Somebody who can press, hold-up and also work as a target man when needed. Since we probably can't go and buy a world class finished article, I would even tolerate somewhat average finishing as long as his overall play would help us to get more goals from wide players and midfield and most of all help our pressing game. Seeing how easily Tierney made the transition from SPL to EPL, Edouard certainly is interesting. However, I think he is quite pricey at this point already. We might have to go for somebody even less proven given that our priorities should be DM and CB.
Firmino can use his skills to outplay his opponent. I think we need more of these skilful players.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Spot on, people don't seem to realise this. Firmino has got an unbelievable engine and can play at high intensity for 90mins a game. He is also nearly 6ft. He often drops right the way back into midfield and is very comfortable playing with his back to goal, this is all on top of having great technique.

Dybala is technically good of course, but just doesn't have the other abilities to play that role, especially in the PL, in my opinion.

And I agree on Eduoard. On paper, he has the tools. Tall, strong, good touch, relatively fast and knows where the goal is. I think he'd be a good foil for Auba and Pepe. If we cant get him, I'd like to see us bring in someone similar.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Spot on, people don't seem to realise this. Firmino has got an unbelievable engine and can play at high intensity for 90mins a game. He is also nearly 6ft. He often drops right the way back into midfield and is very comfortable playing with his back to goal, this is all on top of having great technique.

Dybala is technically good of course, but just doesn't have the other abilities to play that role, especially in the PL, in my opinion.

And I agree on Eduoard. On paper, he has the tools. Tall, strong, good touch, relatively fast and knows where the goal is. I think he'd be a good foil for Auba and Pepe. If we cant get him, I'd like to see us bring in someone similar.
Eduoard would be good. On top of what you have mentioned, his step over and other skill moves are his most important attributes.

00:57-01:03...world class dribble

GunnerShy

It at least 2 CMs, a forward and a CB.

I agree with most that the CMs ideally are Ceballos & Party. I wouldn't mind the Torreira Diawara swap too if it happened because Torreira is a square peg playing in a round hole league.

Eduard would be good at CF and as for Centre back I know nothing about Gabriel so I'll trust whatever happens.

Of more interest and importance is how well we manage to sell.
Love to see Sok, Kola, Holding, Torreira (or swap), Guendouzi, El neny, Laca, Mikhi all moved on, some at a decent price. I'd also except a good price for one of our keepers because they're too good to be number 2.

That'd be a fair bit of turn over in two summer windows. And most for the better!

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Guardian.

And it's very obvious that from many reliable reportings that 2 midfielders and a CB with Gabriel is what the target at the very least.
Interesting. Yeah I figured out we'd be after Partey, Cellabos and Gabriel but the forward is a new one for me. I thought we would be more interested in an AM instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom