• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian Joins Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Welcome Willian. If he maintains his physical ability we have a good player adding depth, experience and a cutting edge. Hope he does well for us.

Kav

Established Member
I'm low key pleased with this signing, a quality player at the end of his career. Hopefully he can mentor some of the younger ones on his way out.

I can see him contributing significantly under Arteta. Will need the right pieces around him as he's not the type to press often like arteta wants his players to.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Am I right in assuming that he sat out the FA cup final 2 weeks ago because he was in advanced talks with Arsenal. If yes, he's earned his wages already.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Welcome Willian. Not a signing I would make but now he's here I hope he'll do well. We certainly need to get some of the load on scoring off Auba's back (if he's still here next season).

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I think Bruno has been generally poor. Gives the ball away too much, spamming shots, the penalties are helping him out.

Before lockdown Grealish had 1 goal contribution every 2 games, in a poor villa team. Great numbers, Willian in his career has never done that.

Firstly, while Bruno gives the ball away, Man U have been transformed by his arrival due to the positions he takes up and the things he attempts. A bit like Alexis when he was still good - you take the rough because the smooth is a great fit.

As for Grealish, he's the sole creative focal point and primary goal threat. It all goes through him. Good player, but the jury is out as to whether he can be a cog in a machine. Also, he'd cost about £70m more over 3 years if you include the transfer fee...

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
EfYQqR9XgAEXI1r

...hilarious that they just tried to keep him there, honestly the state of Sp**s :rofl:

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Monster wages for Willian. This is why the players must have taken pay cuts, to pay off the retirement for an ex old rent boy.

I've already explained how the figures and their reporting are clearly misleading, even if we take the wording of the articles of gospel.

I've never before heard someone's weekly wage calculated in that way. If the 200k p/w quoted for Auba is likewise inclusive of signing on fee, loyalty payments and maximum possible bonuses, then he's a steal.

Its bollocks. But you wouldn't see that because you are an obsessive agenda monkey with the debating skills of a walnut. (No discrimination required)

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Was this why we had to fire 55 people at the club?

No. That was because with Coronavirus killing all live matchdays for the best part of the year, there was no purpose in those people being employed any more.

Its illegal to make people redundant if the job doesn't cease to exist.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
His podcast is quite overrated too. ArsenalVision is way better with Clive spitting facts.

Yeah, Clive is excellent.

Arsecast used to be good when it was funny, but that's a while back now. James was the junior guest but he's so much more well informed than Andrew these days. Now, apart from my own podcast (DailyCannonPod - connected to but largely independent from the site - not monetised, not that professional and not particularly ambitious, but at least I do some actual research!), I only listen to AV and The Tuesday Club. Andrew's set up is much more professional than mine (its a business for him - mine was just set up to make up for all my old Gooner mates moving out of London or the UK), but these days he just gives opinions without doing any homework more sophisticated than a tabloid journo. Nice fella by all accounts, though, so don't begrudge him his success.

Liked it more when he used to get the 'Man from the East Lower' and the dearly departed 'Goonerholic' (a genuinely lovely bloke, really kind and warm guy). I always thought LeGrove was a bit of a ****, but he was actually perfectly nice in the Flesh. Amy Lawrence was a diamond too. Proper proper gooner, rather than the John Cross types, and just a really nice person.

Going off on a tangent here I know, but its 1 in the morning and I've had a drink! Have to say, Nacho Monreal was a lovely lovely bloke too. Made it feel like we were doing him a favour when we interviewed him. Good times.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Yeah, Clive is excellent.

Arsecast used to be good when it was funny, but that's a while back now. James was the junior guest but he's so much more well informed than Andrew these days. Now, apart from my own podcast (DailyCannonPod - connected to but largely independent from the site - not monetised, not that professional and not particularly ambitious, but at least I do some actual research!), I only listen to AV and The Tuesday Club. Andrew's set up is much more professional than mine (its a business for him - mine was just set up to make up for all my old Gooner mates moving out of London or the UK), but these days he just gives opinions without doing any homework more sophisticated than a tabloid journo. Nice fella by all accounts, though, so don't begrudge him his success.

Liked it more when he used to get the 'Man from the East Lower' and the dearly departed 'Goonerholic' (a genuinely lovely bloke, really kind and warm guy). I always thought LeGrove was a bit of a ****, but he was actually perfectly nice in the Flesh. Amy Lawrence was a diamond too. Proper proper gooner, rather than the John Cross types, and just a really nice person.

Going off on a tangent here I know, but its 1 in the morning and I've had a drink! Have to say, Nacho Monreal was a lovely lovely bloke too. Made it feel like we were doing him a favour when we interviewed him. Good times.
I'll definitely check out your podcast. The thing about Arsenal podcasts is I only listen to them when we win :D
When we lose it feels like I'm wallowing in the grief of defeat.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Clive boring AF. Gunnerblog is decent on the arsecast imo
Nah in all these Arsenal related podcasts Clive is the most knowledgeable. He has some coaching experience and his analogies are great to bridging the gap from coach to average fan. He had a great line where he compared Saka's positioning from left wing back to midfield as a dial on a thermostat and depending on who the opposition are, is how Saka positions himself. I don't know how to put it in a clearer way but let's just say he has a way with words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom