• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions Quarter-Finals (Aug 12-15)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,772
  • Views 63,453

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wasted almost half a billion on three flops and people wonder why they're in such a mess:lol:

This couldn't have happened to a better bunch.

Some of the Barca and Madrid fans I know are the most annoying fans. Constantly looking down at other clubs.

Take that ya cúnts

Last edited:

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I see your point, but that squad had prime Messi, Suarez, and Neymar to carry them through. Any team will be contenders with those three at their peak.

This Barca has a declining, but tbf still top-class Messi, and the rest. More importantly, they don't have the money to make a game-changing signing like a Neymar. Wasted all their money on Coutinho, Dembele, and Griezmann.

Ahh yeah that's right that'll probably be the difference. I can't remember who exactly they signed after 2013 but I know Suarez came after and I think Neymar did aswell and of course that well known MSN frontline carried them to the CL in 2015.

Without that ability to bring in (the right) quality you're correct that Barcelona will struggle for a long time.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

This was probably my main issue with Barca today, wtf were Vidal and Roberto doing out there lol.. Setien really out of his depth too..

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

EfaMwY8WkAEsHZP

You 8-2 see it.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Father time catches up to everyone, Messi is obviously still insane, but nowhere close to his prime levels.

that Liverpool bottlejob was probably his last chance to win it with Barca.. This summer is the first time I've legit thought Messi might leave, if it doesn't happen now he'll end his career there.
Even in his prime he had a tendency to disappear when things got tough as he always does for Argentina. I knew the moment Bayern scored that quick goal that he'd be hiding and sulking for the rest of the match.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Saw you had Busquets in your world 11. Was a bit shocked since he's been poor for ages. Care to explain that one?
:lol:
He’s looked good under Setien, almost back to his at times. Wanted a pure DM for balance and I couldn’t think of anyone else

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Unfair to hate on Greizmann like that. He is quality when you play to his strengths ala France.

This Barca team is clueless. Greizmann is a second striker not a winger. What were they thinking when they signed him? They have no place for his type of player in their 4-3-3 formation.

And Griezmann is good at what exactly?

As a striker he doesn’t have one standout ability imo.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Who basically is clinically dead according to AM:s age rules.

Must have been some very confused AM posters watching that game. Telling us all week how Willian is all washed up now as you don't see wingers in their 30's performing well at the top...cue Perisic, a winger in his 30's terrorising Barca in CL QF. Old man Muller wasn't too shabby either.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Wasted almost half a billion on three flops and people wonder why they're in such a mess:lol:
The problem with their transfers is they buy square pegs to fit in round holes. Griezmann worked great at Sociedad and Atletico, but you have to play to his strengths.
There have been numerous big money transfers at that club that didn't work because they didn't think if the players fit their style. They just went for the big names or hype and hoped for the best.
It's been terrible management through and through.

Latest posts

Top Bottom