• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Shalmaneser V

In

Gabriel (25m)
Dodo (20m)
Partey (45m)
Ceballos (loan)
Willian (free)
Aouar (55m)
Ismaila Sarr (30m)
Edouard (35m)

Out
Bellerin 20m
Holding 10m
Sokratis 3m
Torreira 25m
Guendouzi 30m
Lacazette 25m+
Willock loan
Özil loan
Nelson loan

Martinez
Dodo - Saliba - Gabriel - KT
Party - Xhaka - Aouar
Pepe - PEA - Willian

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Similar to what I'd do tbf.

My outs would be -

Martinez - Said he wants a permanent starting spot. The Athletic said today that Raul's valuation of him was holding a move back. 2years left on his deal, asking for a lucrative contract. Sell for £25M.

Torreira - Obvious reasons. Sell for £20M

Guendouzi - I think PSG, Barca or Juve will end up taking him. £25M

Holding - Will get a move to a Leeds/Brighton sort of club. £10M

Chambers - Move to Fulham. £15M

Elneny - Honestly couldn't care less as long as he is sold. £2M

Sokratis - Will be a ball ache to get rid of, in the last year of his deal. Maybe get £5M tops from someone.

Lacazette - £30M. Another with two years left. 29 years old and we wont give him a 200k+ a week new contract. No chance. Hopefully Juve come in with a good offer.

Of course it would be a stroke of genius getting rid of all these but it is needed.

Now for the ins...

Gabriel - £23M. Left footed CB. Excited to see this happen. Two new CB's at the club next season.

Willian - Free, maybe max £3M signing on fee. Fantastic signing whatever way you look at it.

Partey - £45M release clause. Not much needs to be said about this one.

Aouar - £55M. Will be the hardest signing to make but one of the best we've made in many years if we can do it.

You're breaking even doing this business. Which is crazy, completely balancing the squad out as well. Something Edu has mentioned a lot recently.

I'm curious as to how we can afford Partey.

-We only spend within our means.
- We owe money from Saliba and Pepe deals.
- If we buy Gabriel that's probably another 10 million up front.

The release clause needs to be paid in full, then we are also going for Aouar?

The whole no money thing isn't true, but we are definitely on a budget.

We can probably shift Holding for 12 million and Chambere for 15 million, but that basically covers the Gabriel payment.

Sokratis has hardly any value as does Miki and Mustafi will be kept.

Guendouzi has lowered his value by reputation. Juventus are notoriously stingy in transfers.

Any Italian team wanting Torreira will want a loan with option. Or a 2 year loan.

On top of that we are haggling for Ceballos.

I just don't see it.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
@The_Playmaker well I dont think we should worry about how. Let's focus on whats actually happening and whats being said.

We have made bids for Gabriel, Partey and Aouar. Edu said about doing quite a bit of business as well buying and selling. Also haven't gone after any other targets. Pretty telling.

Out :
Guendouzi
Kolasanic (a turbo donkey)
Lacazette
Bellerin
Holding
We can't shift Özil.

We can't sell Chambers or Mustafi as they're injured.
We need bodies at CB while Saliba and Gabriel (maybe) come up to speed, so keep Luiz and Sokratis. Get rid of both of them next summer.

If we're selling Guendouzi we should keep Torreira.

Ifly_Gooner

In
Gabriel (25m)
Partey (Release Clause)
Willian (free)
Nabil Fekir (25M?)

Out
Holding 10m
Sokratis whatever is on the table
Torreira 20M
Guendouzi 25M
Martinez (If he really wants to go)

This would make me happy. A potential lineup like this

Leno​
Bellerin Luiz Gabriel/Saliba Tierney

Partey Xhaka

Fekir

Pepe Laca PEA

StefanB

In: Partey, Aouar, Gabriel, Diawara

Out: Holding, Mustafi, Sokratis, Kolasinac, Elneny, Torreira, Guendouzi, Lacazette

Martinez/Leno
Bellerin/Cedric - Saliba/Chambers - Gabriel/Luiz - Tierney/Niles
Xhaka/Diawara
Partey/Willock - Aouar/Smith-Rowe
Pepe/Nelson - Aubameyang/Martinelli - Willian/Saka​

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Ceballos (Loan with 30m option), Coutinho/Isco (Loan with 50m option), Partey (45m). LET'S GOOOOO!

TornadoTed

Established Member
GK - Martinez, Leno, Macey

Full back - Bellerin, Soares, Tierney, Kolasinac
Central defence - Gabriel, Luiz, Mari, Saliba, Chambers

Midfield - Partey, Aouar, Xhaka, Ceballos, Willock, AMN, ESR

Attack - Auba, Lacazette, Pepe, Willian, Saka, Nelson, Nketiah, Martinelli

27 man squad

Out - Sokratis, Mustafi, Holding, Guendouzi, Torreira, Elneny, Mkhi, Özil, Mavro (loan)

I'd love it all to happen but realistically if we can 3 out of Gabriel, Partey, Aouar and Ceballos and shift 3/4 of the players on the out list it will be a very decent summer.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Arteta wants to create a squad that can win the CL within the next 3 seasons. If you look at Bayern for example they have a pair of elite full backs, elite keeper, elite midfield and World class gunmen. Along with players like Coman, Tolisso and Coutinho to come off the bench.

To even dream about winning the CL from the squad we had last season we would need two CB's, a right back, two midfielders and a striker or left winger. 6 top quality starting players.

Saliba
Gabriel
Upamecano
Ricardo Pereira
Partey
Aouar
Sancho

Is what we would need to win a CL in my opinion.

Midfield and CB overhaul this summer to hopefully get back into the CL. Then add the one or two trimmings to really go for it. Feel like Ricardo Pereira is a brilliant shout for RB.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
GK - Martinez, Leno, Macey

Full back - Bellerin, Soares, Tierney, Kolasinac
Central defence - Gabriel, Luiz, Mari, Saliba, Chambers

Midfield - Partey, Aouar, Xhaka, Ceballos, Willock, AMN, ESR

Attack - Auba, Lacazette, Pepe, Willian, Saka, Nelson, Nketiah, Martinelli

27 man squad

Out - Sokratis, Mustafi, Holding, Guendouzi, Torreira, Elneny, Mkhi, Özil, Mavro (loan)

I'd love it all to happen but realistically if we can 3 out of Gabriel, Partey, Aouar and Ceballos and shift 3/4 of the players on the out list it will be a very decent summer.

I like this setup, however I would swap out Lacazette for either Depay or Eduoard. With those additions, we look transformed already and perhaps capable of challenging fourth spot, and if Özil doesn’t leave... then I feel we have his option in center midfield as well.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Most preferable options first

Cb - Dunk, Gabriel, Konate
Cm 1 - Partey, Tolliso, Kondogbia
Cm2 - Isco, Ceballos, Aaour
Forward - Zaha, Depay, Coutinho, Lemar

4 starters in out spine and I trust us for top 4.

Top Bottom