• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

He knows a guy...

Partey incoming.

200_d.gif

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
If we can't get Aouar, Thiago and Ceballos will be ok.

Gabriel, Willian, Thiago, Partey and Ceballos. Our squad will be improved

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's all about selling in the area you want to improve on:

CB- Gabriel 30 million euros

Chambers- 15 million
Holding- 12 million
Sokratis - 5 million

That covers Gabriel.

Saliba, Gabriel, Mari, Luiz, Mustafi, Mavrapanos (loan), Medley (loan) are your options. When you consider Mustafi and Luiz will be gone next year. That's a good place to be.

CM: Aouar

Elneny, Guendouzi and Torreira are the players who are expendable. The young players are both around 30 million euros. If they both go it could be a 1 year loan with an obligation to buy or it could be a swap deal involving Guendouzi for Aouar. Either way, those two players fund one player.

DM: Partey?

At this point we are pretty much breaking even or in slight profit. When you consider we are paying for Saliba and Pepe out of this budget then someone needs to be sold to fund a DM. It's either AMN or Bellerin. I'd sell Bellerin to an Italian team. His fee and our actual transfer budget would cover Partey.

ST: can we sell Lacazette to fund a move for Edouard. Would cost around 35 million pounds. If we have enough cash we should do it.

Gk: Leno, Martinez
Rb: AMN, Soares
Lb: Tierney, Kola
Cb: Saliba, Mustafi, Luiz
Cb: Gabriel, Mari
Dm: Partey, Xhaka
Cm: Saka, Aouar, Willock
Am: Willian, ESR, Özil
Lwf: Auba, Martinelli
Rwf: Pepe, Nelson
Cf : Edouard, Nketiah

That would be the best we can hope for.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If we really want a creative player on the cheap I’d wait until January for Buendia.

The relegated clubs are overvaluing their players but by January they’ll probably be a lot keener to move him on.

Maybe try and get Thiago and Ceballos now and if you still need anyone else go in for Buendia.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I think we probably have two signings left in us, and I think it'll be Partey and Ceballos, even Partey is a massive stretch. Can't see us shifting as many players as people think.

That being said, in these circumstances, extending Auba, Gabriel, Saka, Ceballos and adding Willian, Partey and Gabriel M is a again a solid window.

I'd deffo have us looking at top 4 with that.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I think we probably have two signings left in us, and I think it'll be Partey and Ceballos, even Partey is a massive stretch. Can't see us shifting as many players as people think.

That being said, in these circumstances, extending Auba, Gabriel, Saka, Ceballos and adding Willian, Partey and Gabriel M is a again a solid window.

I'd deffo have us looking at top 4 with that.

Agree, think that's probably more about it.
Cant see Aouar AND Partey or so.

Great summer and deals, but also somewhat not, if we cannot snap a creative midfielder.

Partey might have bits of it, but we'd still not really have adressed that core issue.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Agree, think that's probably more about it.
Cant see Aouar AND Partey or so.

Great summer and deals, but also somewhat not, if we cannot snap a creative midfielder.

Partey might have bits of it, but we'd still not really have adressed that core issue.

I think there's enough in Willian, Auba, Lacazette, Pepe, Nketiah, Martinelli, ESR, Nelson to get something working.

I also wonder if Özil will get another chance, depends how much influence Raul had on him sitting out.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
We should not sleep on ESR though, he's tailor made for that.

Issue is just that he's in a transition phase with ups and downs, you gotta have that ready-made figure next to him that does it now

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I think there's enough in Willian, Auba, Lacazette, Pepe, Nketiah, Martinelli, ESR, Nelson to get something working.

I also wonder if Özil will get another chance, depends how much influence Raul had on him sitting out.

A blank slate for Arteta even without a real pre-season will already do wonders. Those signings to get a defensive stability and incredible physical advantages will already make a big difference

But if you add Thiago or Aouar to that mix, we are basically talking about a title challenging team, IF Saliba and Gabriel just do close to what we hope for.

That being said, we obviously still would not, it takes a season or two for that full team to fullfil its potential

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Guardian saying we targeting next midfielder another forward and extending Ceballos loan. But we should sell few of our players to make space and more funds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom