• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Community Shield: Arsenal v Liverpool | Saturday August 29 | KO: 16:30 BST | BT Sport

Who Will Win The Community Shield?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
We've not had much of a break so I think we'll see more of a 2nd string, which I kinda look forward to in pre-season anyway. I can see Saliba getting a start and maybe Leno aswell. Would also be nice to see likes of Saka, Nelson and Willock get starts also given they did not play the Fa Cup Final.

HomeSteak

Established Member
Liverpool started training before us, already have friendly's played, are also the much better team...so yeah. It will be way to soon for us. Just a training game this year.

Kav

Established Member
Liverpool started training before us, already have friendly's played, are also the much better team...so yeah. It will be way to soon for us. Just a training game this year.
Despite the foregoing I am optimistic, perhaps it is that I am confident in the hunger and power of the youths should we unleash some youngsters on them.

Anyone remember the FA cup clash? It was a good game with quite a few younger players having a go.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Mental match from 2000...

...how was that a red for Paddy, Liverpool player stamped on him ffs :lol:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Just seems like a potential injury fest.

Could of just delayed, awarded it as a draw or when we play Liverpool. With no gate receipts or tickets to give out the fixture has no point.
The tv rights will probably raise money for charity?

I think it's ok it is being played but maybe should have waited another 7/10 days, it's usually the week before the league starts.

If we win it, that's great. Winning is a habit and every trophy is good. If we lose, well we're not expected to win so that's not going to be a trauma. The only proviso is that even in a friendly we have to stop being beaten by 5 or 6 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom