• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thiago Alcântara

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
This is an absolute non-starter.

1 his wages are massive and we're yet to get anyone significant off the book, and 2, the random guy on twitter isn't reliable.

We clearly don't have to shift players first and are expecting that to just happen in the next 6 weeks.

say yes

forum master baiter
Where would we play this guy if we signed him?

He’s better deeper. They’ve got quite different profiles, but he seems like a Partey alternative.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta on the phone to him

tenor.gif

Malky

Established Member
Doubtful, but we can dream! Thiago would be game changing, add in an extra CM and next season will be exciting, we'd argubly have the best CM in the league.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

I'm driving the Ceballos band wagon but this guy is elite. Not getting my hopes up

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The issue is that Liverpool don't want to pay the fee for him. They don't view €30m for a player they can sign on a pre-contract in 5 months as value for money.
they paid more than that for the Ox. Silly really. Pay the money hard to get better value than that in the market. We are selling AMN for 20m less than 10m difference after conversion. Mental really.

Liverpool could be 4th in the table and struggling by the time January comes around.

Reactions: A_G

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thiago's agent is probably linking him to other clubs to hurry Liverpool along but imagine if we signed him. :Celebration::Celebration:

say yes

forum master baiter
He would play next to Partey. Xhaka would not be starting.
We won’t be getting Partey as well.

Atletico have said it’s his release clause or nothing, and we can’t afford to pay that as it is. Let alone after spending 30m on this guy.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
they paid more than that for the Ox. Silly really. Pay the money hard to get better value than that in the market. We are selling AMN for 20m less than 10m difference after conversion. Mental really.

Liverpool could be 4th in the table and struggling by the time January comes around.

Ox was much younger and was an investment since they could still sell him for the same amount invested.

Thiago is basically dead money if you think about it. You gonna pay 30M for him and it will probably be his last years in his prime. You won't be able to sell him.

I'm talking only money wise. Ofc Thiago us a world class talent and I think what he brings on the field is worth that amount on the market.
But Liverpool is a selling club. That's their model. They only invest massive amounts on younger players who have value on the market.

Reactions: JCB

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
We won’t be getting Partey as well.

Atletico have said it’s his release clause or nothing, and we can’t afford to pay that as it is. Let alone after spending 30m on this guy.

I think it depends massively on who we sell.
We can get decent money from sales and free up a lot of wage bill.

say yes

forum master baiter
I think it depends massively on who we sell.
We can get decent money from sales and free up a lot of wage bill.
Not even sure I’d want Partey as well tbh. Neither him nor Thiago is a proper DM, so we’d definitely be losing something by dropping Xhaka, and I’d rather spend those excess funds on someone more creative.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Ox was much younger and was an investment since they could still sell him for the same amount invested.

Thiago is basically dead money if you think about it. You gonna pay 30M for him and it will probably be his last years in his prime. You won't be able to sell him.

I'm talking only money wise. Ofc Thiago us a world class talent and I think what he brings on the field is worth that amount on the market.
But Liverpool is a selling club. That's their model. They only invest massive amounts on younger players who have value on the market.
that's one way to play it. the other is Thiago comes in and helps them win titles which generates more money via prize pot and tv revenue which in turn leads to better sponsorship deals.

I absolutely get player sales is a key revenue stream but not every player should be bought solely for that. Otherwise who signs 29 year olds anymore? also the influence that player can have on others to improve their game cannot be quantified.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

@say yes would rather Partey or Thiago? Maybe you should make a poll/thread for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom