• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Preacher

Always Crying
Imagine thinking that letting go your chief negotiator DURING transfer window wont make any difference.

I questioned timing of his sacking and looks like that my worries are becoming truth.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
AFCBellend indeed.

I love how people attach themselves to these twitters as if it's a life or death thing, defending The bellend's honor.

Jesus wept.
It's funny that Bell would claim something so easy to disprove:

club day just means they're just doing their photos for the lineup graphics on Sky, BBC etc.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Imagine thinking that letting go your chief negotiator DURING transfer window wont make any difference.

I questioned timing of his sacking and looks like that my worries are becoming truth.

Things are slow because we need to bring money in now. We won’t sign anyone else until we sell players and that only happens if clubs are interested in the players we want to get rid of. At this point there only seems to be real interest in AMN.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Got laughed at when I said Gabriel wasn’t done, there’s an issue with United bidding.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arteta today didn't really add something we don't know. We already know Auba Gabriel done he want to get Ceballos back.

Useless c**ts didn't even ask about what positions he want to strengthen is he interested in Partey and Aouar.

HomeSteak

Established Member
Regarding Gabriel, we cannot announce anything yet, the deal is not finalised - you all know he is a player that we have followed for a long time and hopefully we can get it done.

on the deal for Gabriel and whether it’s okay…
Well, everything is okay when both parties sign, and the player agrees the terms and he goes through the medical - sometimes that, in the final stages, is not as easy as it looks. But we are pretty positive that we can do it.

on the competition to get Gabriel…
Again, when we get it I will be very pleased. He's a player that we've followed and we're very determined that it was the right profile for us to improve our squad. If we are able to finalise it, we will be delighted.

on how close Gabriel is to signing…
We are trying to finalise a deal. That's what I can tell you at the moment.

People on twitter celebrating, not sounding that great if you ask me.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
People on twitter celebrating, not sounding that great if you ask me.

It sounds fine. Given that when he was asked about Partey a few weeks ago, Arteta said he 'doesn't talk about other team's players,' he seems pretty open about Gabriel, so he must be confident. Just isn't as dOnE DEaL as all the weirdos have convinced themselves it is.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Got laughed at when I said Gabriel wasn’t done, there’s an issue with United bidding.

:lol::lol:

Its done.

Arteta saying its quite slow in the market at the moment basically means we are waiting for teams to buy our players to be able to get our targets.

He will wait however long it takes to get the main players in, expect a very long window boys and gals.

Manberg

Predator
:lol::lol:

Its done.

Arteta saying its quite slow in the market at the moment basically means we are waiting for teams to buy our players to be able to get our targets.

He will wait however long it takes to get the main players in, expect a very long window boys and gals.

I agree that this is the case. Can’t help but feel frustration because we could be left with a bare bones midfield of Xhaka and Elneny until after the fourth game of the season.
However, I trust Arteta to make the most of what he’s got. Just because we have a weak midfield (apart from Xhaka) doesn’t mean we will lose all 4 games.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I agree that this is the case. Can’t help but feel frustration because we could be left with a bare bones midfield of Xhaka and Elneny until after the fourth game of the season.
However, I trust Arteta to make the most of what he’s got. Just because we have a weak midfield (apart from Xhaka) doesn’t mean we will lose all 4 games.

I'm content with having a midfield two of Xhaka and Willock or ESR for the first four games in a back 3. The back 3 offers us way more stability plus Willian can offer more creativity going forward. And we should be way better at the back with Saliba and Gabriel either side of Luiz.

So at least we've strengthened in certain areas, Arteta is very good tactically. He won't put us in a position where we are playing 433 with Xhaka, Elneny and Willock.

Manberg

Predator
I'm content with having a midfield two of Xhaka and Willock or ESR for the first four games in a back 3. The back 3 offers us way more stability plus Willian can offer more creativity going forward. And we should be way better at the back with Saliba and Gabriel either side of Luiz.

So at least we've strengthened in certain areas, Arteta is very good tactically. He won't put us in a position where we are playing 433 with Xhaka, Elneny and Willock.

ESR can’t play deep in midfield. It will either be Xhaka and El Neny or Xhaka and Willock. Their roles in a midfield 2 will mostly be defensive, like Xhaka and Ceballos after the restart. We will struggle for creativity against sides that will sit deep but we’ll have to deal with that as best we can.

I don’t think anyone’s suggesting we go 4-3-3 with our current squad. Partey alone won’t change that either. We need 2 new central midfielders for it not just the one.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
ESR can’t play deep in midfield. It will either be Xhaka and El Neny or Xhaka and Willock. Their roles in a midfield 2 will mostly be defensive, like Xhaka and Ceballos after the restart.

I don’t think anyone’s suggesting we go 4-3-3 with our current squad. Partey alone won’t change that either. We need 2 new central midfielders for it not just the one.

We can do 4231 with Partey quite well with Willian in the hole. Partey and Xhaka is a good looking partnership on paper. Also a 433 with ESR as a number 8, Partey and Xhaka as the other two.

Partey changes a lot of things because of how good he is.

People really shouldn't worry, the window will unfold nicely, we have enough to win at least 3 of our opening 4 games. Two midfield signings in the next 2 weeks will not happen, we have to accept its just going to be a very long window.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Why? we haven’t even had a proper link since Gabriel about a month ago and now that deal looks like it won’t go through either. We’re struggling without Raul, I hope I am wrong.
Yeah, its a bit worrying. The fact that Raul got all the targets one or another was a big plus that might derail our window. That said I'm not yet panicking and keeping the faith we'll do all that is needed.

All hopes resting on @GDeep™ 's cousin now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom