• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

scytheavatar

Established Member
Don't think its stupid at all.

I think the main reason Arteta worked and many were so willing to accept him was because we were in such a bad spot that he couldn't possibly be any worse.

Arteta straight after Wenger would have been too much for the fans I reckon. The board was right, the chances of the next manager getting "burned" was definitely high. We've already had the propagandists rewrite Wenger history with their rose tinted glasses.

Arteta has done nothing to prove that he can actually finish higher in the league than Emery did......... let's not start saying that he "worked" yet. Cause we CAN get into a worse spot if we actually intent to start next season with a weaker midfielder than what we had last season.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arteta has done nothing to prove that he can actually finish higher in the league than Emery did......... let's not start saying that he "worked" yet. Cause we CAN get into a worse spot if we actually intent to start next season with a weaker midfielder than what we had last season.
In the context of last season he definitely worked - I didn’t mention anything about this season or going forwards.
Not quite sure what you’re arguing here.

Manberg

Predator

He won a trophy and we’ve seen improved performances. That surpassed all possible expectations I had of him from his first (half) season in my opinion.
Goal for this season is to get top 6.

scytheavatar

Established Member
In the context of last season he definitely worked - I didn’t mention anything about this season or going forwards.
Not quite sure what you’re arguing here.

Under Arteta our football is at best a marginal improvement from what we were at Emery........ we still remain clueless against teams in the bottom half of the table far too often. Arteta still has a lot to prove before we can conclude if any of the improvements are because of the new manager bounce rather than because he's actually a better manager than Emery.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

They’re not a blueprint to follow we can’t copy what they did, Arsenal fans just deluding themselves with hoping to be like Liverpool.

They got the best coach in the world, always scouting players that do well, sell players for an insanely high price. We aren’t doing any of these things.

Mane and Salah combined cost less than Pepe while our forward line is worth 200+ million and have not produced anything that justifies that price.

We need to focus on our own way of getting up there, Liverpool sell their players like Torres, Sterling, Suarez, Countinho etc for insane prices while we buy players for insane prices and they don’t even live up to it.

Yeah you’re never going to exactly copy another team but look at all the teams who tend to compete for major honours who aren’t a super club or bankrolled by a dodgy foreign power and they tend to do basic things well.

Selling low and buying high isn’t rocket science and it’s what clubs have done to level the playing field. Obviously recruitment needs to improve but you can build a team to contend like they’ve roughly done.

Yes you need a top manager but who knows how Arteta will turn out.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Under Arteta our football is at best a marginal improvement from what we were at Emery........ we still remain clueless against teams in the bottom half of the table far too often. Arteta still has a lot to prove before we can conclude if any of the improvements are because of the new manager bounce rather than because he's actually a better manager than Emery.
Again, you won’t catch me arguing any different, I am very keen to remind this forum that Emery has actually done stuff in football. Trying to say Arteta is the better manager to me, is nonsense. Not being the right fit and being sh*t are different things.

Arteta hasn’t improved our football at all - again something else I’ve pointed out and tried to support with articles and statistics.
I give him the benefit of the doubt because he came in mid season and inherited an unholy mess. I don’t think he even got manager bounce as we lost/drew a lot of his initial matches.

All that said, would I say he saved our season? Absolutely.
He’s shown enough tactical aptitude (especially in FA cup). He’s got a tune out of so many struggling players..he deserves our backing for next season tbh. I don’t quite understand your negativity or angle if I’m honest.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Again, you won’t catch me arguing any different, I am very keen to remind this forum that Emery has actually done stuff in football. Trying to say Arteta is the better manager to me is nonsense.

Arteta hasn’t improved our football at all - again something else I’ve pointed out and tried to support with articles and statistics.
I give him the benefit of the doubt because he came in mid season and inherited an unholy mess. I don’t think he even got manager bounce tbh we lost/drew a lot of his initial matches.

All that said, would I say he saved our season? Absolutely.
He’s shown enough tactical aptitude (especially in FA cup). He’s got a tune out of so many struggling players..he deserves our backing tbh. I don’t quite understand your negativity or angle if I’m honest.

But did it work because of Arteta? Could we have done more and achieved more this season had we hired someone like Allegri instead? Your argument is that it's a good idea not to hire Arteta after Wenger cause the manager taking over from Wenger is always going to fail. My argument is that Arteta could still fail, worse than Emery, so it was always pure idiocy to think we "saved" him by not having him follow Wenger. We'll see what happens next season.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

My argument is that Arteta could still fail, worse than Emery, so it was always pure idiocy to think we "saved" him by not having him follow Wenger. We'll see what happens next season.
I get ya. I think we were in such a bad state and Arteta was in the hot seat long enough to say, yeah I think it can be credited to him.
He faced many unique challenges this season and so far I’ve been impressed with how he’s dealt with it all.

Like you said though, this season is the season to judge him by.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Yeah you’re never going to exactly copy another team but look at all the teams who tend to compete for major honours who aren’t a super club or bankrolled by a dodgy foreign power and they tend to do basic things well.

Selling low and buying high isn’t rocket science and it’s what clubs have done to level the playing field. Obviously recruitment needs to improve but you can build a team to contend like they’ve roughly done.

Yes you need a top manager but who knows how Arteta will turn out.

Like you said what Liverpool did isn’t rocket science but it’s easier said than done. You have a bit of lucky on players like Mane and Salah turning out way better than anyone expected.

We need to start getting rid of players quicker first before anything, El Neny is still here ffs.

Trofton

They renewed his contract and gave him the number 4 shirt in 2018.
I’ll never forget when I was at the game when Everton beat us 1-0 I travelled all that way to get team news Elneny had replaced Ramsey and then he was subbed at half time because he was so ****. Another Emery Masterclass

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Yeah but that's not hard, I liked Guendouzi but now that he's out of the team I see he was a bit of a liability. Not really missing out on much if we let him go.
I would like to see him get a chance with Arteta. He is a hard worker and good squad option, and doesnt shirk. Has a sweet strike too.

ArtetaOut

Why the **** is Kroenke still dallying? He is worth 10B and 700m is absolutely peanuts to him. Get Özil, Laca and Guendouzi out, break the bank and get Messi asap ffs

Latest posts+

Top Bottom