• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Hector Bellerin (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Wonder if we went into the window thinking we'd be getting this sort of fee for Guendouzi and were going to let AMN go but then pivoted after PSG showed interest in Bellerin and there was little interest for Guendouzi

I think they were probably thinking of letting AMN go but he doesn’t have clubs interested in him who are likely to pay anywhere close to what we’d get for Bellerin. Wolves would probably only pay £20m for AMN but we might be able to squeeze £35-40m out of PSG for Bellerin.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Going to miss him, arsenal through and through and a solid reliable RB in an era where there aren’t many great options. Footballers have a four hour working day most of the time, not sure why he gets so much stick for wanting to focus on other things.
Yes. Exactly my point. The guy’s something of a Renaissance Man and still has done a job at RB. I respect athletes who use their platform to make reasoned political statements. I hope this either falls through or we get an insane fee.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think we'll get 40m for him, but even that is low compared to what those two bum Mendy brothers went for (50m each to madrid and city) and also another average full back like Chilwell going for 50m.

But I'll take 40m simply because we're desperate for funds to invest in other areas.

Last edited:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Seems the transfer window is beginning to pick up steam

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I'd sell Sok, Kola,Holding, Chambers and Elneny before Hector. That should be enough to get Partey. No need to destabilise our defence just as its starting to look promising (on paper anyway).

PressResistance

Heccy B is at least in Chilwell/Mendy type of territory, better than both the mentioned bums actually, 40+10 even in a pandemic is the offer that is needed to get at the table.

PSG, Bayern, Juventus interested, tells you everything you need to know.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
I wouldn’t be mad at him going. By all accounts we stopped him from leaving when Barca came calling a few years ago and despite him wanting to go he didn’t kick up a fuss during or afterwards.

New challenge, new city, and getting to live in a place that aligns with his off field passion. I’d legit be happy for him, but also still sad as he (his personality) is a big loss for the club.

s3-news-tmp-77017-bellerin--default--1280.jpg

:(

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Feels weird this.. selling a homegrown Spanish international at a lower point in his value coming off an injury. If it gets us Partey and Aouar, I'll forgive.

Wryer

There are sentimental reasons not to let Hector go. He says the right things, behaves well, and generally a nice guy on and off the pitch as well. He also saw through a transition period from Wenger, and hence symbolically, he is someone quite special.

But for football reasons, I say we take the 35mn-40mn and run as quickly as we can. It's getting really hard to see how much further he can improve. He's on pretty good form recently, but I struggle to see any more upside and how his game can evolve.

DSmich

I think we'll get 40m for him, but even that is low compared to what those two bum Mendy brothers went for (50m each to madrid and city) and also another average full back like Chilwell going for 50m.

But I'll take 40m simply because we're desperate for funds to invest in other areas.
Being black and having the same last name do not means they are brothers ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom