• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sokratis (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
These Italian clubs are cheeky ****ers. Notoriously difficult to buy from also. Want everything on the cheap, but want to sell at premium prices.

Uncle Good-Advice

I can't see any positives in letting him go for free and saving few million quid. Despite being past his prime he's still an experienced hard-nosed centre-back and model pro. Given that both Saliba and Gabriel are new to PL I guess it's imperative to have such a mentor figure who is different from the gung-ho types like Luiz or Mustafi. With Holding possibly gone and Chambers returning from serious injury I have nothing against Sokratis as a 4th-5th CB.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Keep rather than give for free, **** Napoli.
If no one bids for him give him to a team other than Napoli for free just to spite them

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
It wouldn't be a proper transfer window without some shameless club coming to us with a begging bowl and expecting us to hand them some freebies. **** off.

Here is a novel idea, if you don't want to pay a fee for a player, maybe have a look at free agents. Cheeky bastards.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
These Italian clubs are cheeky ****ers. Notoriously difficult to buy from also. Want everything on the cheap, but want to sell at premium prices.
Can't stand them bunch of cheap bums.. What makes me even more baffled is the fact thar Roma are set to sign Smalling for 25m while 4-5 Italian clubs are reluctant of paying a similar fee to Torreira, who suits the Serie A perfectly, and would rather have him on loan

Tomb Bombadil

It wouldn't be a proper transfer window without some shameless club coming to us with a begging bowl and expecting us to hand them some freebies. **** off.

Here is a novel idea, if you don't want to pay a fee for a player, maybe have a look at free agents. Cheeky bastards.
This is not there problem, this is our problem. Paying players too high salaries and giving players away for free. So why not ask if they can get Sokratis for free?

So Arsenal need to change and tell the clubs that they have to pay. Should have done the same with Mkhi. And even more important, don't overpay players. Walk away from a deal if the player wants too much. There are always alternatives, except sometimes like with Aubameyang. I think they are trying to change the salary structure a bit with incomings and young players.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Napoli President says they’re trying to buy Sok.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
This is not there problem, this is our problem. Paying players too high salaries and giving players away for free. So why not ask if they can get Sokratis for free?

So Arsenal need to change and tell the clubs that they have to pay. Should have done the same with Mkhi. And even more important, don't overpay players. Walk away from a deal if the player wants too much. There are always alternatives, except sometimes like with Aubameyang. I think they are trying to change the salary structure a bit with incomings and young players.

Yes we need to change. Thought we did after we made Bordeaux pay a fee for Kos. With the Mikhi freebie we might have undone the message we were trying to send. His case is different though, he and Özil are probably the only 2 players in our squad whose wages are so astromonical it isn't realistic to expect a transfer fee (Mhki was supposed to be on £180k a week).

As for not overpaying players when signing them, that is a fine balancing act. We sometimes have to do that to attract CL calibre players to play for a EL level team. Even this window if we want to get Partey, Aouar etc we might need to overpay in wages to tempt them. Same with Gabriel, he had a lot of interest. It is risky as when you need to get rid it makes it much harder. I guess it depends how ambitious you are as a club to take certain risks.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Asking for the right bid for Koulibaly while expecting Sokratis on free. Hate these Italian clubs.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think it'll be done in few days specially after De Laurintiis confirm their interest hopefully they gave us 5M euros.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
I can't see any positives in letting him go for free and saving few million quid. Despite being past his prime he's still an experienced hard-nosed centre-back and model pro. Given that both Saliba and Gabriel are new to PL I guess it's imperative to have such a mentor figure who is different from the gung-ho types like Luiz or Mustafi. With Holding possibly gone and Chambers returning from serious injury I have nothing against Sokratis as a 4th-5th CB.
He’s a half alright defender but absolutely shocking on the ball. Doesn’t fit into our system at all. Plus we’ve got about 10000 centre backs at the club, we need to get rid of some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom