• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

West Ham: Kings of Europe

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Wilshere's main problems are obviously his injury issues, but also it's very difficult to nail him down to one position. He's not exactly tactical astute enough to be a 6, and if you're playing him as a 6 you need 2 hard working box-to-box players alongside him like England did with Delph and Milner (I think it was those two can't quite remember) when he played there briefly. As a box-to-box midfielder he isn't really well rounded enough to do that effectively. He doesn't work very well in double pivots, still have nightmares about the Wilshere-Arteta pivot which got ripped apart at Anfield that time. And he isn't really a 10 either. He's a player who's pretty much only effective on the ball, which in the modern game is a bit of an issue. It's no surprise West Ham see him as surplus to requirements. It's also a damning indictment of how far he's fallen that a side fighting relegation doesn't see much use for him. It was similar at Bournemouth, after accommodating him for a while Howe pretty much dropped him and switched their shape as they had been playing a 4-2-3-1 with Wilshere as 10.

It's pretty sad considering how he burst onto the seen 10 years ago, became a starter here, an important player for England and then it just went up in smoke. Like I'm not 100% sure I can really say this, but I always got the impression he didn't look after himself as well as he could have, maybe it wouldn't have changed a lot in regards to his injuries I don't really know.

I liked him on the right side of midfield, though at this point in his career he looks done unfortunately.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

What a load of ****e from him. He's been ****ing TERRIBLE for us, never put in any performance of genuine quality and injured more often than not.

Totally lost any respect I had for him with that post, what a whiny ****. We gave him a chance to rebound his career on big wages and he did nothing, and now he blames the club.

Genuinely fuming because I expected more from him.

Balboa

What a load of ****e from him. He's been ****ing TERRIBLE for us, never put in any performance of genuine quality and injured more often than not.

Totally lost any respect I had for him with that post, what a whiny ****. We gave him a chance to rebound his career on big wages and he did nothing, and now he blames the club.

What do you want him to do? Say he's been terrible, never put in any performance of genuine quality and injured more often than not? He's agreed to leave and he's seeking a new club...

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
What do you want him to do? Say he's been terrible, never put in any performance of genuine quality and injured more often than not? He's seeking a club to play for...

Say he reached an agreement with the club to terminate his contract, and that he's fit and ready to play?

He didn't have to point a finger anywhere. He was clearly surplus at us and no-one would've questioned him becoming a free agent.

Balboa

Say he reached an agreement with the club to terminate his contract, and that he's fit and ready to play?

He didn't have to point a finger anywhere. He was clearly surplus at us and no-one would've questioned him becoming a free agent.

So if he's clearly surplus, then the opportunities he's been receiving aren't what he signed up intending for?

samshere

Why so serieuse?

So it isn't true that he's been fit for 8 months?

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
So if he's clearly surplus, then the opportunities he's been receiving aren't what he signed up intending for?

He's surplus now. He was brought in to be one of the first players on the team sheet, but consistently **** performances and his inability to stay fit forced us to play Rice and bring in Soucek etc. He's been pushed out because of his performances.

So it isn't true that he's been fit for 8 months?

Ask yourself, do you actually believe Jack ****ing Wilshere has been fit to play PL football for 8 months?

Balboa

He's surplus now. He was brought in to be one of the first players on the team sheet, but consistently **** performances and his inability to stay fit forced us to play Rice and bring in Soucek etc. He's been pushed out because of his performances.

Ask yourself, do you actually believe Jack ****ing Wilshere has been fit to play PL football for 8 months?

And I'm sure he has his own views on the subject, with a lot more information than you have, and seems to disagree...

Either way, he's seeking a new club and he can do that however he chooses to do it for his sake...

People who don't like his statement might direct discontent at the people who reached a mutually agreeable deal to terminate his contract and failed to include any kind of clause attached to how Wilshere is able to present it publicly...

Last edited:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Would like to see him give it another shot in a major league. Then get a gig at Beckhams club in a couple of years.

Never really going to work out with Moyes was it.

Manberg

Predator

But you didn’t really give him a chance did you? He needed a consistent run in the side to get going.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
But you didn’t really give him a chance did you? He needed a consistent run in the side to get going.

Mate, he came in as a big signing for us. We gave him big wages. He was meant to be a star in our midfield. He started whenever he was fit - we desperately needed him when he came in.

Wilshere can't get a consistent run because his legs fall apart all the ****ing time. We had to bring in more midfielders because he couldn't be relied upon.

Manberg

Predator
Mate, he came in as a big signing for us. We gave him big wages. He was meant to be a star in our midfield. He started whenever he was fit - we desperately needed him when he came in.

Wilshere can't get a consistent run because his legs fall apart all the ****ing time. We had to bring in more midfielders because he couldn't be relied upon.

He says he’s been fit. He only got 16 games in the league across two seasons, and many of them may have been from the bench. To me that’s not being given a chance.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
He says he’s been fit. He only got 16 games in the league across two seasons, and many of them may have been from the bench. To me that’s not being given a chance.

16fa533e26.png

If you seriously believe Wilshere - a player notorious for being very injury prone - has been fit for a long period, to the point where we've opted to not play him and instead play a geriatric Mark ****ing Noble while paying him massive wages, there is no way I'm going to change your mind.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
16fa533e26.png

If you seriously believe Wilshere - a player notorious for being very injury prone - has been fit for a long period, to the point where we've opted to not play him and instead play a geriatric Mark ****ing Noble while paying him massive wages, there is no way I'm going to change your mind.

Tbf it's hard to change Manberg's mind on anything. Speaks highly of both Xhaka and Greta Thunberg too.

In all seriousness, Wilshere unfortunately has disappointed. He's 28 but was finished even before he left Arsenal. The guy just can't stay fit. Too bad, whenever I see him I remember that famous Barcelona match..

Latest posts+

Top Bottom