• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilshero

Our strategy when it comes to these highly talented should be to sell with a generous buy back clause. That way the player can develop in an environment where he gets a lot of game time and a lot of trust from the buying club (since they've bought the player they want to make the most of their investment).
If they later on develop into a player we want in the team we can get them back for a heavily subsidized fee, if not, good riddance.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Our strategy when it comes to these highly talented should be to sell with a generous buy back clause. That way the player can develop in an environment where he gets a lot of game time and a lot of trust from the buying club (since they've bought the player they want to make the most of their investment).
If they later on develop into a player we want in the team we can get them back for a heavily subsidized fee, if not, good riddance.
From what I'm seeing, I don't think it's feasible that the player themselves would accept those terms - I don't think Balogun would want to come back. Seems like there's tension between the two camps. Plus, the club wants/needs funds immediately that won't come from a buyback clause as we would need to offer an incentive to the club buying him i.e. a much lower transfer fee.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
£8 million for someone who literally has no first team experience would be ridiculous. Not going to lose sleep over this at all.
In fairness, he's very talented but we have no way of knowing how he translates to first team football yet and there are other young strikers who are also very talented already at the club. Can't keep them all unfortunately.

I'm disappointed of course but this one I'd get over.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If it was £800k or £2m I would have been dissapointed but this is good money.
Does make you wonder how good he is though....

Hopefully we do okay. Not even an Eddie fan but we should be fine with him, a confident Eddie should be able to bag PL goals.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Does make you wonder how good he is though....

Hopefully we do okay. Not even an Eddie fan but we should be fine with him, a confident Eddie should be able to bag PL goals.
Worst case we shot Eddie for £25m+ or he becomes backup here.

Iceman10

Established Member

I honestly think we're going to regret giving Nketiah a chance over him..

Just imagine if this is another Gnabry deal where the player joins a lower Bundesliga club with understanding that Bayern is the ultimate destination if he does well. Oh well. If we’re not going to sell Laca we have two projects in Martinelli and Nketiah anyway, and I’m not really for selling Laca this summer.

senna

Buyback clauses are risky, as if the player doesnt want to come back then there's nothing you can do. It only works for Real Madrid & barcelona as many of their youngsters only ever want to end up there as their end game.

Just dont see why we cant offer him high wages and then loan him to Brentford and some kind of agreement we'll let him go for £10m next season if he is not in the first team.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

I do feel like we take the piss sometimes with our valuations. It’s why Mustafi is still here. I doubt we asked for that much for Balogun though. Even then I think £3m is a fair price for him considering he’s just a youth prospect. Sancho cost Dortmund £8m didn’t he and he was much more highly rated.

Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I know we don't like to act like Ivan was here but demanding 15M for Bolagun is ridiculous specially with 1 year left. between 5 and 8m should be acceptable.

Manberg

Predator
1 year left doesn’t mean we should sell for peanuts. Chelsea sold Hazard with 1 year left for 160m!

I’m glad that our board’s taken this stance. Balogun is a hot prospect, £15m or back off. He is one that could do a Gnabry.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
1 year left doesn’t mean we should sell for peanuts. Chelsea sold Hazard with 1 year left for 160m!

I’m glad that our board’s taken this stance. Balogun is a hot prospect, £15m or back off. He is one that could do a Gnabry.
You don't compare world class player to hot prospect Sancho who was miles ahead of Bolagun sold for 8M guendouzi who was already playing first team football sold for 7M. nobody will pay us 15M teams aren't that stupid.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
We can’t expect ourselves to get more than 10m for a guy who has never played a senior game in his career and has 1 year left on his contract
I have no idea what a fair fee would be for him, but Amaechi was highly rated enough to cause a meltdown on here when he left and that was for about £2m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom