• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mattéo Guendouzi: Loaned Ouzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Guendouzi was 4th choice last season and his prospects of getting more minutes this season isn't higher........ if we can't sell him we need to consider loaning him out. Cause he needs to improve massively to reach the level when we can rely on him even on our bench, and he's not going to get those minutes with us.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Our inability to rid ourselves of him this summer may be seen as a slight on us by some; maybe if we hadn't shunned him so firmly we would have had more luck.

That being said, this should be quite a lesson for Guendouzi as well. We put him up for sale and noone wanted him. That's gotta sting, hope that goes some way to humbling him.

I am more hoping that this should be quite a lesson for our board and Arteta....... they seem to be super delusional and out of touch if they think Guendouzi is worth 40 million. That somehow the 4th choice midfielder of the 8th place team is worth that much. Maybe they'll start to be humble and realize our squad is a freaking wasteland talent wise.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I hope he can find his way back. If he fully applies himself, knuckles down and humbles himself, Arteta can make him a star. There's so much there to work with.

Just apologise Matteo. Recognise where you are.

I have a hard time believing he will play for Arsenal again. He missed the FA Cup win and is a stubborn guy. Must be pretty pissed and embarrassed to miss it.

Today he played 90 minutes for France U21 against Georgia in 0-2 win.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If ever there was a case of a footballer possibly benefiting from being castrated to take the foolish edge off him, then it’s with this lad.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

If ever there was a case of a footballer possibly benefiting from being castrated to take the foolish edge off him, then it’s with this lad.
The problem of living in these modern snowflake times and not in the good old Middle Age... ;)

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Good for the lad to play 90 min and be the team captain.

I really hope Arteta can manage to turn him around. Think the lad can be special if he gets his head screwed on right.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Seriously, I think he’s very emotional and hormonal. There’s a really good player in there but his utter ****wittery is getting in the way. It could take a long time, but I’m sure he’ll be a great player when he matures. Maybe Mikel can harness him and kid him along...
I am totally onboard with that. I have a soft spot for the lad. He shows more balls and attitude than most players nowadays. He just needs to channel that energy the right way.

Instead of making silly jokes or talking **** he should lead by example on the pitch. Work hard and fight to help his team win.

The fact that he was captain for the French U-21 is a good sign. Might help him feel he needs to be more mature.

Some guys just need more time to mature and he is still young so I have hope. But he needs to turn it around. Arteta and the club can only do so much. In the end it is on the player.

I would like to see us give it 1-2 more years and if he hasn’t straightened out by then or improved enough ship him out.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I am totally onboard with that. I have a soft spot for the lad. He shows more balls and attitude than most players nowadays. He just needs to channel that energy the right way.

Instead of making silly jokes or talking **** he should lead by example on the pitch. Work hard and fight to help his team win.

The fact that he was captain for the French U-21 is a good sign. Might help him feel he needs to be more mature.

Some guys just need more time to mature and he is still young so I have hope. But he needs to turn it around. Arteta and the club can only do so much. In the end it is on the player.

I would like to see us give it 1-2 more years and if he hasn’t straightened out by then or improved enough ship him out.
he needs a few sessions with a sports psychologist - I presume we have one

but may be he won't agree to go down that route, and I fear being made France's U21 captain might make him believe the problem is Arteta and not him

Keplaz

There's nothing wrong with having a strong will to win but football is a team game and that's the bit Matteo needs to get. He reminds me a lot of Nick Kyrgios. A lot of talent and potential but let down by an awful attitude and sense of entitlement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom