• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian: Moving back to Brazil

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

This guy still injured? Be disappointing if that's the case.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'm not sure if this has been here. Looks pretty good for a free transfer.

"In terms of their time on the pitch, Willian registered a goal or assist every 162.8 minutes, which was bettered only by Aubameyang (125.5 minutes) and Lacazette (134.1 minutes).

---

Willian was a fair bit more creative at Chelsea than those he’ll be competing with at the Emirates next season. In terms of chances created, Willian averaged 2.6 per 90 minutes, a fair bit more than Pepe (1.8), Nelson (1.3), Lacazette (1.2) and Saka (1.1) but especially Aubameyang (0.7) Nketiah (0.7) and Martinelli (0.3).

---

Pepe was the most prolific dribbler – 11th overall in the Premier League – with 3.2 successful dribbles per 90 minutes and a success rate of 54.2%

Willian didn’t complete quite as many dribbles (2.2 per 90) but was more successful with those he attempted, with a success rate of 54.2%.

Here’s the rest, for comparison: Lacazette: 1.2 dribbles per 90, 52.1% success, Aubameyang: 0.5 at 45.4%, Nketiah: 1.4 at 58.3%, Martinelli: 1.2 at 27.2%, Saka: 1.6 at 57.1%, Nelson: 2.4 at 52.1%.

---

It’s from a smaller sample size so ought to be taken with a pinch of salt, but Martinelli topped the chart in terms of tackles of these players. The young Brazilian averaged 2.7 per 90, while Saka was behind on 1.8 tackles averaged, likely thanks to operating as a full-back at times last season.

Willian averaged a respectable 1.6 tackles per 90, ahead of Pepe (1.4), Lacazette (1.5), Aubameyang (0.9), Nketiah 1.0 and equal to Nelson (1.6)."

https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...-2019-20-stats-to-arsenals-existing-forwards/

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I'm not sure if this has been here. Looks pretty good for a free transfer.

"In terms of their time on the pitch, Willian registered a goal or assist every 162.8 minutes, which was bettered only by Aubameyang (125.5 minutes) and Lacazette (134.1 minutes).

---

Willian was a fair bit more creative at Chelsea than those he’ll be competing with at the Emirates next season. In terms of chances created, Willian averaged 2.6 per 90 minutes, a fair bit more than Pepe (1.8), Nelson (1.3), Lacazette (1.2) and Saka (1.1) but especially Aubameyang (0.7) Nketiah (0.7) and Martinelli (0.3).

---

Pepe was the most prolific dribbler – 11th overall in the Premier League – with 3.2 successful dribbles per 90 minutes and a success rate of 54.2%

Willian didn’t complete quite as many dribbles (2.2 per 90) but was more successful with those he attempted, with a success rate of 54.2%.

Here’s the rest, for comparison: Lacazette: 1.2 dribbles per 90, 52.1% success, Aubameyang: 0.5 at 45.4%, Nketiah: 1.4 at 58.3%, Martinelli: 1.2 at 27.2%, Saka: 1.6 at 57.1%, Nelson: 2.4 at 52.1%.

---

It’s from a smaller sample size so ought to be taken with a pinch of salt, but Martinelli topped the chart in terms of tackles of these players. The young Brazilian averaged 2.7 per 90, while Saka was behind on 1.8 tackles averaged, likely thanks to operating as a full-back at times last season.

Willian averaged a respectable 1.6 tackles per 90, ahead of Pepe (1.4), Lacazette (1.5), Aubameyang (0.9), Nketiah 1.0 and equal to Nelson (1.6)."

https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...-2019-20-stats-to-arsenals-existing-forwards/
But he worked with elite forwards like Tammy Abraham and Giroud.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Everything in my body tells me this is going to be a wonderfully shrewd bit of business. Can’t wait for him to shimmy inside on his right peg and whip one in the far corner.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

arsenal-head-coach-mikel-arteta-talks-with-willian-after-a-training-picture-id1270637333

@GDeep™ 1 on 1 with his special request.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I've warmed to this signing, although I think ultimately it's value will depend on the other deals we do this summer. If signing Willian on a free transfer allows us to bolster the midfield with our limited resources then it's decent business, and gives us some experience in the attack.

The likes of Saka and Martinelli are huge talents but behind our established front three we really don't have any experienced attacking prowess, so Willian ticks that box.
Plus he will add goals. Right now we are too dependent on Auba for that to my liking.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom