• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Preferred Midfield Signing

Partey or Thiago

• Total voters

Makavelii

Re Partey and Aouar: I’m actually feeling a bit underwhelmed with these prospects.

Partey when you look at the stats is actually not much of an upgrade on Xhaka. He has the ability to dribble forward which is a nice addition but that’s it. He’s also a weaker passer than Xhaka.
I would still love to sign Partey but 45m doesn’t seem worth it for us in this years market.

Aouar just seems like a player that’s nothing new to what we already have. He’s a dribbler, not a chance creator (which is what arsenal lack and need).
I think we’re better off prioritising a loan for Coutinho who would have a bigger impact this year and then waiting for a better fit as our long term #10 in a future transfer window.

Anyone else feel similar on either of these?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Re Partey and Aouar: I’m actually feeling a bit underwhelmed with these prospects.

Partey when you look at the stats is actually not much of an upgrade on Xhaka. He has the ability to dribble forward which is a nice addition but that’s it. He’s also a weaker passer than Xhaka.
I would still love to sign Partey but 45m doesn’t seem worth it for us in this years market.

Aouar just seems like a player that’s nothing new to what we already have. He’s a dribbler, not a chance creator (which is what arsenal lack and need).
I think we’re better off prioritising a loan for Coutinho who would have a bigger impact this year and then waiting for a better fit as our long term #10 in a future transfer window.

Disagree heavily on Partey. He's press resistant and can transition the ball quickly. Upgrade on Xhaka, but not really similar in style.

Haven't seen much or Aaour. Not sure how much if he's better than Ceballos.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Odd post.

The xhaka comparisons to Partey are honestly pretty rotten. Like I've said before Partey is athletic, agile, quick and an excellent ball carrier. Xhaka is none of these things.

On Aouar anyone that thinks we have a creative midfielder in the squad definitely didn't watch us last season. We were 16th in the league for creativity. Aouar offers creativity and goals from midfield. We have nobody like him in the squad.

say yes

forum master baiter

Wouldn’t go as far as you have on them. I’d be very happy with either signing.

However, I definitely think they’re being overrated on here. Partey would come in and immediately strengthen our midfield spine. But he’s not going to solve our creative woes or help us technically dominate the weaker teams. Auoar looks a big talent, but that fee is super expensive and I’m not sure how much of an impact he’d have in year 1.

Both look like good signings to me. But I wouldn’t expect either to be transformational, and they’re prohibitively expensive in the current climate.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Wouldn’t go as far as you have on them. I’d be very happy with either signing.

However, I definitely think they’re being overrated on here. Partey would come in and immediately strengthen our midfield spine. But he’s not going to solve our creative woes or help us technically dominate the weaker teams. Auoar looks a big talent, but that fee is super expensive and I’m not sure how much of an impact he’d have in year 1.

Both look like good signings to me. But I wouldn’t expect either to be transformational, and they’re prohibitively expensive in the current climate.

I think he does though, he's quality at beating the press and has a killer ball though the lines, we'd dominate more but as you'd say atm we'd be relying on Willian to be that creative spark.

Agree on Aouar.

say yes

forum master baiter
I think he does though, he's quality at beating the press and has a killer ball though the lines, we'd dominate more but as you'd say atm we'd be relying on Willian to be that creative spark.

Agree on Aouar.
Partey would be replacing Ceballos in that deeper role though. Does he really offer more than Dani on the ball?

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Partey would be replacing Ceballos in that deeper role though. Does he really offer more than Dani on the ball?

Partey would replace Xhaka imo. he does everything Xhaka does, but is better doing so except for his long passing range even tho Partey doesn't need as much time and space to give a long ball, and has less limits in overrall game.

Maybe that doesn't translate into stats, I haven't checked them, but his physical presence and his mobility would be a game changer in our midfield.

Also, his versatility makes him an important asset to have in our team, he can play next to any kind of midfielder, and adjust his role according to the situation.
Whereas Xhaka is a pretty unidimensional player. Has alway been better for us playing in a midfield 2 than 3, next to a player who has a good engine.

Partey has all the tools to dominate in the PL. He really reminds me of Essien at Chelsea, better on a technical level. And we all know how good he was for them.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Whoever we sign won’t be replacing anyone. The goal is to add midfielders to allow Arteta to play 4 at the back. If Partey comes you’ll see him play with Xhaka and Ceballos a lot of the time, the same goes for Aouar. Neither Xhaka or Ceballos will be dropped.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Partey would replace Xhaka imo. he does everything Xhaka does, but is better doing so except for his long passing range even tho Partey doesn't need as much time and space to give a long ball, and has less limits in overrall game.

Maybe that doesn't translate into stats, I haven't checked them, but his physical presence and his mobility would be a game changer in our midfield.

Also, his versatility makes him an important asset to have in our team, he can play next to any kind of midfielder, and adjust his role according to the situation.
Whereas Xhaka is a pretty unidimensional player. Has alway been better for us playing in a midfield 2 than 3, next to a player who has a good engine.

Partey has all the tools to dominate in the PL. He really reminds me of Essien at Chelsea, better on a technical level. And we all know how good he was for them.

Xhaka has really improved under Arteta, but I've always said while he's our most important midfielder he can be improved upon, and if we have a chance to do it we will.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Video also shows that we need someone at the end of those passes between the lines Partey is able to make.

Who we got?

Özil used to be that guy. Last season at the later stages we had no one, except for maybe Lacazette 2-3 during a game.

Willian will help immensely in that regard. But is he enough? Guys like Auba and Pepe don't fill me with much confidence in this aspect of the game for different reasons.

This is where signing Aouar would makes sense. But then how do we line-up? Perhaps that doesn't matter as we play so many games, and different qualities will be needed depending on the opposition.

Mudi

Let's assume we get rid of Torreira, Guendouzi and Elneny.
We will have Ceballos, Xhaka and Willock.

Partey for sure as a CM. I can see our midfield with Partey and Ceballos being strong and quick on transition. We should get Aouar if we sell Lacazette and move PEA to the center.

LG10

Partey is a world class defensive box to box midfielder and is exactly the sort of player our midfield is lacking. The fact that he is even gettable to us is amazing, he should be playing for Europe’s elite.

Aouar will be world class midfielder very soon, elite dribbler, passer, and has goals in his game. Better defensively than the stats suggest. Again can’t believe we have a chance of signing him, he’s probably the best midfield prospect on the market. We lack creativity and technical excellence in midfield heavily, this isn’t 2011 anymore. We need a player like him badly, Ceballos isn’t enough.

Would be two amazing signings for any team never mind one that finished 8th. Can only assume people not wanting them haven’t seen them play because signing both is wishlist stuff. 50 M for each is dirt cheap.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom