• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 941,601
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

We’re in a bit of a weird situation imo. Think it’s extremely unlikely we’ll start the season with 4-3-3, but by all accounts that’s Arteta’s mid-long term idea. Aouar makes all the sense in the world for a 4-3-3, but imo won’t have much of an impact in a 3-4-3. Partey on the other hand seems perfect for that. On the other hand Aouar to me have such great potential long term we just have to get him and need to prioritize him.

Given the form Dani was in and Arteta’s trust in him he’ll start whatever formation we play, regardless of what players we get.

pikey2000

We have like 1000 games a season. He'll receive enough chances. Rate Eddie but don't think he's ready to be our first choice CF yet. I don't see the point in strengthening our midfield and sacrificing quality in attack at the same time. I know Lacazette is not rated at all on A-M but I'm hopeful he can improve for us, if he stays healthy.
I like Laca but if by selling him you can land Aour and Partey then i'd do it and give his game time to Martinelli and Nketieh.

Xanth

Looking at his numbers, he's slightly more of a goalscorer than a creator, but mostly an all-rounder not particularly excelling at either. This might seem like an absurd comparison but he seems like Hazard in the sense that his best attribute is driving up the pitch with the ball and creating opportunities that lead to goals rather than actual chances if that makes sense. Basically just linking up with players in and around the penalty box, which is something we've sorely lacked. Obviously Hazard is a far better goalscorer who can make things happen on his own.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Looking at his numbers, he's slightly more of a goalscorer than a creator, but mostly an all-rounder not particularly excelling at either. This might seem like an absurd comparison but he seems like Hazard in the sense that his best attribute is driving up the pitch with the ball and creating opportunities that lead to goals rather than actual chances if that makes sense. Basically just linking up with players in and around the penalty box, which is something we've sorely lacked. Obviously Hazard is a far better goalscorer who can make things happen on his own.
Could also be that role Oscar had at Chelsea. Trying to think how our midfield shape up with Xhaka / Dani + the gossip that Chelsea 14/15 central trio come to mind.

3ac00fd745e2973d9c6d3d9ff55b3348_crop_exact.jpg

Xanth

Always quiet around internationals.

Another reason to hate them. I can’t believe they’re proceeding with them in the current environment, especially after quite a few players have already tested positive.

It’s a shame how I feel about international football now considering it’s the reason I became interested in the sport in the first place.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
With Depay leaving Lyon it would make them even more reluctant to let Aouar go.. They may ask increase their asking price even more now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom