• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mattéo Guendouzi: Loaned Ouzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I'm not a fan of his, I honestly wouldn't be fussed if we eventually lost him for cheap. He's an annoying child with no humility. I don’t blame Arteta for having lost patience with him given some of what we've seen and heard.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'm not a fan of his, I honestly wouldn't be fussed if we eventually lost him for cheap. He's an annoying child with no humility. I don’t blame Arteta for having lost patience with him given some of what we've seen and heard.
What have we actually seen and heard, confirmed?

Just the Brighton incident? I’m still not sure why Arteta wanted him to apologise to the opposition. He didn’t break his leg or anything.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko

Just the Brighton incident? I’m still not sure why Arteta wanted him to apologise to the opposition. He didn’t break his leg or anything.

Qatar, Sokratis bust-up, Brighton + we have confirmation that other things happened, just not what those things are.

Edit: And we have confirmation that in fact they did try to sort it out with him (including Luiz), but unsucsessfully.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

-Acting like a **** vs Brighton
-Messing around in video analysis sessions
-The row with Sokratis in Dubai and his unprofessional conduct off the pitch during the trip

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

-Acting like a **** vs Brighton
-Messing around in video analysis sessions
-The row with Sokratis in Dubai and his unprofessional conduct off the pitch during the trip
Have no issue with getting wound up in competition.

The video analysis stuff is unacceptable, it’s just as important as training. The dumb ****er.

I haven’t heard anything about Dubai, what happened there?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I haven’t heard anything about Dubai, what happened there?
France Football have provided more details on why 21-year-old Arsenal midfielder Mattéo Guendouzi has not been training with the Arsenal 1st team since 20th June, after his scuffles with Neal Maupay and others during the club’s 2-1 loss to Brighton.

Guendouzi then had a major meeting with Arsenal bosses just a few days later, who were notably furious with the Frenchman’s supposed taunting of opponents by indicating that he earned more than them.

This meeting was more of a summons for the Frenchman, who sat down with the full compliment of big brass: Mikel Arteta, Raul Sanllehi, Edu and Huss Fahmy. The contents of this meeting included the Brighton episode, but much more: turning up late at training, the episode in Dubai, which is where Guendouzi’s troubles with Arteta originated. In the Middle East, Guendouzi had a major bust-up with Sokratis in a training session. This tension continued into the team hotel, where Arteta and Guendouzi’s voices were massively raised, with the Frenchman incensed that the Spaniard had taken Sokratis’ side.
After Guendouzi’s spot of bother over the last couple of weeks, somebody has also informed The Athletic that this “is not the only time Guendouzi has been reprimanded for his behaviour.

“The training incident,” Ornstein reveals, “was a mid-session altercation with one of his team-mates, which led to both men being pulled up by Arteta, although the 20-year-old was deemed the guiltier party and given a more stern dressing-down.

“But also during the five-day camp, Arsenal’s technical director Edu had to tell off the Frenchman for his behaviour at an external event,” Ornstein adds. “The group were enjoying some local music when Guendouzi briefly removed his shirt and waived it around in support of the act.”

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

None of it is really the end of the world. We shouldn’t have publicised any of this until it was sorted.

Still don’t see why they’re trying to get onto him for trashtalk. Feel we were trying to be a bit high and mighty, salary trashtalk happens. He wouldn’t be the first.

Need to play him and put him in the shop window. We’ve killed his value this summer.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

None of it is really the end of the world. We shouldn’t have publicised any of this until it was sorted.

Still don’t see why they’re trying to get onto him for trashtalk. Feel we were trying to be a bit high and mighty, salary trashtalk happens. He wouldn’t be the first.

Need to play him and put him in the shop window. We’ve killed his value this summer.

No way it's just about salary trashtalk. Arteta isn't that stupid.

Guendouzi clearly has those "qualities" and stubborness to ruin it this way.

I'm backing Arteta on this. Maybe he could have handled it better, but we don't know what has happened behind the scenes.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

No way it's just about salary trashtalk. Arteta isn't that stupid.

Guendouzi clearly has those "qualities" and stubborness to ruin it this way.

I'm backing Arteta on this.
Yeah I know it’s not just that. But I don’t think that should even be an issue. Trashtalk is part of sport.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko

It isn't, but at the same time it adds up. And again, it sounded like there were a lot of incidents that we were not privy off. If you **** up again and again and again without learning! anything you get the result.

But most of all, our team was in absolute shambles before Arteta came in. Important people that were unhappy including leaders, discord in the team, bad results, no perspective. Just hell. I think people are already forgetting how bad the period between october-december was.

After this, thats a period were everyone has to get on board to right the ship again. To get relationships fixed, to have hope. And during such a period there is an absolute zero tolerance policy for troublemakers. Period.

I already referred to Arteta's words *We suffer together* Because they had to suffer, and if you can't set yourself back for the team. Sorry, but its not a time were we have the option to entertain it.

That said, Arteta has constantly given him the option to get back on boat. He's never taken it and thats all on Guendouzi. He still has that option btw.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah Guendouzi has had chances to redeem himself. No way do I believe Arteta is being unreasonable. He has his standards and Guendouzi isn't up to it.

He has past history too.

Symbia

I am totally onboard with that. I have a soft spot for the lad. He shows more balls and attitude than most players nowadays. He just needs to channel that energy the right way.

Instead of making silly jokes or talking **** he should lead by example on the pitch. Work hard and fight to help his team win.

The fact that he was captain for the French U-21 is a good sign. Might help him feel he needs to be more mature.

Some guys just need more time to mature and he is still young so I have hope. But he needs to turn it around. Arteta and the club can only do so much. In the end it is on the player.

I would like to see us give it 1-2 more years and if he hasn’t straightened out by then or improved enough ship him out.
Is he really their captain?
I thought Jeff Reine-Adélaïde is or what am I getting wrong here?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

“But also during the five-day camp, Arsenal’s technical director Edu had to tell off the Frenchman for his behaviour at an external event,” Ornstein adds. “The group were enjoying some local music when Guendouzi briefly removed his shirt and waived it around in support of the act.”

:lol::lol:

Guendouzi is a nutter.

I’m not a big fan of his attitude or of him as a player but that’s nothing tbh, I think they’re overreacting.

The club ******* up on this one and ruined any potential transfer by leaking this all to the media. Arsène Wenger would never do that.

Reactions: A_G

TakeChillPill

Established Member
:lol::lol:

Guendouzi is a nutter.

I’m not a big fan of his attitude or of him as a player but that’s nothing tbh, I think they’re overreacting.

The club ******* up on this one and ruined any potential transfer by leaking this all to the media. Arsène Wenger would never do that.

When you're a cantona or a Zidane (smoking) you can do what you want, because you've proven it. Douzi 'is like the kid who would turn up to football in pink boots but wasnt very good.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Literally this.

All pathetic behaviour, but there are worse characters in world football and the club kinda left him out to dry in a way.
Could have protected him a lot better as he’s a young and dumb kid, but now we’re stuck with him until further notice. Basic stuff really.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Remember when handling difficult players, left field characters, bad boys etc was part of football management?

Anyway, how do you sell players you’ve banished from the first team totally and made public through leaks various negative stories about them?

I say you loan him out. Tell him to go out somewhere, grow up, play well and you’ll get your chance here next season if you want it - if not, a good loan makes him a 30-40M player anyway.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Don’t understand the club either. This is stuff you should be able to handle. It’s a telling sign of a lack of leadership in the group, players should be able to resolve it with each other. And I don’t blame him for anything he did around the Brighton game. All day I was furious, we were kicked around like it was nothing. Nobody stood up and said or did anything. Leno was injured by Maupay without retribution, instead of getting taken out he got rewarded with the late winner. **** needs to stop, Guendouzi was the only one incensed that day. We took it like a couple of *****ez. Kid has heart and needs to grow up, club and players should help him, I think he can be an asset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom