• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mattéo Guendouzi: Loaned Ouzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Remember when handling difficult players, left field characters, bad boys etc was part of football management?

Anyway, how do you sell players you’ve banished from the first team totally and made public through leaks various negative stories about them?

I say you loan him out. Tell him to go out somewhere, grow up, play well and you’ll get your chance here next season if you want it - if not, a good loan makes him a 30-40M player anyway.

Guendouzi is not a 30-40M player and will never be one, it blows my mind to see people think a player who had less than 10 good performances in 2 seasons can be a 30-40M player. If a club offered 20M for him we would be dumb not to accept the bid. Another loan spell will almost certainly lower Guendouzi's value ever more, he hasn't improved at all in 2 seasons why would he improve on loan to another club?

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Guendouzi wasn't banished because of that salary incident, it was multiple ones and it's confirmed the final straw was when he was caught on camera taking the piss out of Arteta behind his back.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Guendouzi is not a 30-40M player and will never be one, it blows my mind to see people think a player who had less than 10 good performances in 2 seasons can be a 30-40M player. If a club offered 20M for him we would be dumb not to accept the bid. Another loan spell will almost certainly lower Guendouzi's value ever more, he hasn't improved at all in 2 seasons why would he improve on loan to another club?
He is/was a teenager and held his own in Europe. Albeit an unused substitute, he’s already had a call up to the senior French side.
We’ve seen what similar talents in world football go for in this market so that fee is not as ridiculous as you make out. Besides, it’s just asking price - we don’t know what Arsenal would accept if a team showed interest and made a counter offer.

He has a couple things going against him:
- A difficult transfer market
- Arsenals mismanagement of his situation

I have no doubt other teams would have been able to command a sizeable fee for him, we’re just not very good at it.

Last edited:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

EhZE56_XgAAadam

tumblr_n9a80xVi1j1tybfhmo1_250.gif

Guendouzi coming back. I think it’s a clean slate for him too.

:lol:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Hopefully he’s been humbled and gives it a good go.

Doesn’t look like we’re selling anyone this summer.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
He hasn't apologized. Until then he can **** off.

sopranos.gif

I don't think he has to apologize anymore (as Arteta said clean slate), but he still has to cut it out, commit and come on boat.

Otherwise we'll be at the exact same point in a month or two whenever the next thing happens.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I don't think he has to apologize anymore (as Arteta said clean slate), but he still has to cut it out, commit and come on boat.

Otherwise we'll be at the exact same point in a month or two whenever the next thing happens.
Mikel showing weakness. Last thing we need is to reintegrate this immature jokester without him owning up to his mistakes. This squad without him went on to beat Man City and Liverpool in a week and won two trophies.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Mikel showing weakness. Last thing we need is to reintegrate this immature jokester without him owning up to his mistakes. This squad without him went on to beat Man City and Liverpool in a week and won two trophies.

I don't think its weakness. Its simply called drawing a line under it so we can move on. Guendouzi is still on the same thin ice he was before and that hasn't changed, the moment he acts out again is the moment he's in the same situation as before.

We don't even know if he's going to make the squad regardless, not even mentioning the team, especially if we bring 1 or 2 midfield signings over the line before the window closes. Ceballos is now clearly ahead of him.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Cue Guendouzi to put in a series of impressive performances in October. Wait to see the AM meltdown.

With how long he has been playing in the league I will be super unimpressed if 1 good month of performance is all he can give........ the problem is that Guendouzi is 4th choice and he faces an uphill task to get minutes with us.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Guendouzi is not a 30-40M player and will never be one

That strikes me as a rather strange assertion.

After his first season in England he certainly was this, in the pre-covid market, and he certainly has the talent to be far more than a 30-40m player in a post-covid market, assuming it reverts (looking like it will based on what clubs are still spending in this desperate climate).

Kav

Established Member
With how long he has been playing in the league I will be super unimpressed if 1 good month of performance is all he can give........ the problem is that Guendouzi is 4th choice and he faces an uphill task to get minutes with us.
That very well may be the case presently but I’m also mindful that Arteta has the tactical nous not to play each opponent the same way. Therefore there will be opportunities for Guendouzi to showcase his talent and commitment to the cause. Also if you factor in the condensed schedule for the upcoming year then he will get game time.

It is for him to take the opportunity when it comes and make it difficult for another player to come back in. That’s what I want to see from all our players. A good fight for those precious spots on the team.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

**** hit the fan and nobody wants to pay too much for the prick. ****ty Instagram message not gonna cut it.
Lol
I’m disappointed we couldn’t cash in too, but like you said - no takers so we might as well make it work. He might surprise us hopefully?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom