• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eddie Nketiah: Dial 30 For Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Do people say he isn't fast?

I remember his highlights from the Norwich League Cup where he scored his first goals he absolutely flew down the wing past a couple of defenders.

I've always thought he was rapid.
I remember that too. Lightning in that game.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Once again several people upset just because I say I don’t see it :lol:

I don’t *shrugs*

I feel like with many of our youth projects he will get forced for a while than moved on (same goes for the ones I like). That’s not to say he’s bad it just happens.
It's not just you, Eddie gets underrated by a lot of people.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Once again several people upset just because I say I don’t see it :lol:

I don’t *shrugs*

I feel like with many of our youth projects he will get forced for a while than moved on (same goes for the ones I like). That’s not to say he’s bad it just happens.
It's not the point if he can make it here or not, we created a new value with him that can be sold if we don't need him or we could keep him if he gets better. Either way, it's a win for Arsenal and it's a big step forward from a dreadful time when we were throwing millions away on squadies like Perez or Welbeck.
I'm a big fan of our academy players, but for the most, I don't care that much if they make it here. All I want is a few chances for them and we profit on it, and occasionally there will be a guy like Saka - ESR who can become a regular first team player.

9jagooner

What do you guys think is better for Eddie's career at this point?
1. Stay on the bench for Arsenal and get the odd games?
2. Go to a club on loan for regular football?

Honest question

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Honest question
He will get plenty of games staying here, only Lacazette is ahead of him really and it can be argued that Eddie is preferred for what Arteta wants to do.

Hard to find a club that will guarantee him minutes, not too many interested in developing Arsenal players for the sake of it.

He’s one of our own so we will persist with him even when he’s not working or when he makes mistakes, like his red card last season.
Another club fighting for promotion or avoiding relegation won’t have time for these kind of growing pains (unless there’s an option to buy at the end of it). Too easy for the season to fly past and he’s got no minutes.

say yes

forum master baiter
Need to see some tangible improvements in his all-round game this year if he is to merit the game-time he will inevitably get as the second choice CF here.

We all know he’s got the eye for goal, time to show he can improve his hold / link up play and become someone capable of leading the line for 90 minutes for us.

Think we’ll buy a new CF next season to challenge / replace Laca if Eddie doesn’t kick on, so it’s a huge season for him.

StefanB

Keeps getting into good positions, but his finishing that is usually composed and clinical hasn't been up to scratch so far.

Hopefully he'll be more calm and collected in front of goal this season. If he is then he will most certainly kick on quite a bit.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Nketiah can watch video of Firmino/Van Persie(when he plays deeper in his early career)/Benzema to learn from them.

He should learn to contribute more in the general play. Getting the team into good scoring position. The team will have a lot of goals this way.

I don’t want Nketiah to up his scoring stats, but not contributing to the general play. We will be overloaded, will create less chances and will have less possession, and as a result, we will score less as a team.

Poachers are bad players.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Nketiah can watch video of Firmino/Van Persie(when he plays deeper in his early career)/Benzema to learn from them.

He should learn to contribute more in the general play. Getting the team into good scoring position. The team will have a lot of goals this way.

I don’t want Nketiah to up his scoring stats, but not contributing to the general play. We will be overloaded, will create less chances and will have less possession, and as a result, we will score less as a team.

:lol:

You want him to become Iniesta in a false 9 role, gotcha.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

That’s his thing, he doesn’t like goal scorers, he likes pass masters. All over the pitch.

Spain 2010 is @football Manager’s ideal team and play style. Which I personally have no time for, glad to see the back of it.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Honest question
But he’s not on the bench here? He’s getting plenty of minutes here since he’s back from Leeds..

Macho

Dusted 🔻

If anything if it wasn’t for his red card during project restart, I doubt we’d have seen Lacazette.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
That’s his thing, he doesn’t like goal scorers, he likes pass masters. All over the pitch.

Spain 2010 is @football Manager’s ideal team and play style. Which I personally have no time for, glad to see the back of it.

Klopp's football was always superior to this, agree. Also on the more enjoying side of things.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The best team to watch is the late 90s/early 00s Arsenal/France teams for me, elite technical play mixed with physical perfection...beautiful to watch.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

:lol: For goodness sake

There's a reason their dominance has been short-lived. All that technical brilliance and nothing else pretty much - even having a ****house like Costa upfront couldn't move the needle once they got found out. No variety, just dudes passing the ball really fast. When it worked it was great but they overdid it and since then it's back to the way it was 20 years back - the physical/technical blend of France winning the WC again.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Expecting Auba to get another 30 goal season, Laca/Eddie around 30-40 between them if they share the forward role, also expect Pepe to get double figures this season...decent spread of goals there, don't look as reliant on Auba now for me either.

Don't know if Eddie will be good enough to be a starter, but I am happy to give him a season to see what he can do...think him (and Laca) will have quality campaigns for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom