• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

25m lads please
Usual Suspects:

F65-E73-ED-1219-4-B38-B8-A6-4-B6-D3545446-D.jpg

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
If there was any truth to the Lacazette rumours why wouldn't we be talking him in a swap with Atléti for Thomas... ¿?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If there was any truth to the Lacazette rumours why wouldn't we be talking him in a swap with Atléti for Thomas... ¿?

They want the release clause in straight cash, because it is made that way. Otherwise he is likely more expensive.

Then they want to lowball us for Laca, maybe try to get him for free. If not, they will pay in instalments.

People making out like there werent a better strikers before Laca or that there wont be better strikers after.

We experience flow of time in only one direction. We are all getting closer to dying, with each passing day. Let Arsenal give us new striker to enjoy!

tcahill

I'm pro selling Laca but I understand why people want to keep him.

Arguments for keeping Laca (happy to be corrected on this)
-Already embedded in the team and an important dressing room figure.
-Decent goal/assist ratio
-Decent presser
-We'd have to replace him
-He was injured for most of this season, and the one before that he was literally our POTS.

Arguments for selling Laca

-Financial: Laca will be in the last year of his contract next season, we'll either have to renew (another older player on a big wage) or sell him for very little, unless he has a monstrous season. We also need to sell players to finance Aouar and Partey who would transform our squad. We could afford Édouard with the fee or a young talented LW and chuck Auba in the middle (like that Brentford guy).

On the pitch: Comparing him to Firmino doesn't work as an argument. Firmino has insane technical ability and can press like a madman all game. Laca is decent at both of these but not great.
Its true that his play gives Auba more chances, but we can't afford to have only one real goal threat. Liverpool have both Mane and Salah, we just have Auba (unless Pepe steps up big time).

Thank you for listening to my ted talk.

senna

Bonkers - literally the best argument on this thread for keepign Laca & not admitting he has horrendously flopped is that he was our POTS 2 years ago. I'm guessing that was a sympathy vote by the fans as no idea how Laca won POTS that year, given Auba won the golden boot that year, scored almost twice as many goals as Laca as well as that hatty in Valencia but yeah Laca was somehow our best player that year?????

These same folk who says how vital Laca's pressing is, bad mouth Nketiah even though Eddie has literally got got 3 goals in the last month due to his pressing and closing down (soton away, england U21 last week). Laca doesnt have the stamina or physical capacity to be a pressign forward. His link up is better than Nketiah at the moment, but its not at the world class level of Firmino that you can accept a 10-12 goal return as we'll just continue to be Europa league at best if that output continues.

Iceman10

Established Member
Don’t want to see Laca go, but would like to see more aggressive tapping of Martinelli’s potential this coming season regardless. For that reason would be ok with Laca for Partey. Not sure if Atletico’s inflexibility is actually sustainable, they have a cash crunch and really need a forward.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Usual Suspects:

F65-E73-ED-1219-4-B38-B8-A6-4-B6-D3545446-D.jpg
:lol:

Yeah he’s blatantly one of the very very few players we have that would realistically get into a CL squad.

A bit of a conundrum as we would have to replace him if we did cash in. Hard to justify an extension off the back of last seasons form as well, so selling him is kinda now or never really.

Big season for Alex.

Last edited:

TornadoTed

Established Member
Don’t want to see Laca go, but would like to see more aggressive tapping of Martinelli’s potential this coming season regardless. For that reason would be ok with Laca for Partey. Not sure if Atletico’s inflexibility is actually sustainable, they have a cash crunch and really need a forward.

I doesn't sound like we will see much of Martinelli this season unfortunately.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Bonkers - literally the best argument on this thread for keepign Laca & not admitting he has horrendously flopped is that he was our POTS 2 years ago. I'm guessing that was a sympathy vote by the fans as no idea how Laca won POTS that year, given Auba won the golden boot that year, scored almost twice as many goals as Laca as well as that hatty in Valencia but yeah Laca was somehow our best player that year?????

These same folk who says how vital Laca's pressing is, bad mouth Nketiah even though Eddie has literally got got 3 goals in the last month due to his pressing and closing down (soton away, england U21 last week). Laca doesnt have the stamina or physical capacity to be a pressign forward. His link up is better than Nketiah at the moment, but its not at the world class level of Firmino that you can accept a 10-12 goal return as we'll just continue to be Europa league at best if that output continues.

So what do you expect that we'll be better with Nketiah? :lol:

Get a grip, son. Upgrading on Laca, as you're alluding, woule cost another 50m+.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think we put him for sale for since beginning of summer remain to be seen if someone ready to pay 35-40m and give him at least 150k

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If we really want to sell him I think we'd have to accept £30m. I'm not a Laca fan but I'm looking at him how potential buyers will look at him. He's just had a poor season with injuries, he's 29, slow, and next year will be worth much less. These facts are not that attractive but to the right team he could do a good job, for £30m we may have a chance to sell and it could mean we get Partey & Aouar, or at least one of them.

senna

So what do you expect that we'll be better with Nketiah? :lol:

Get a grip, son. Upgrading on Laca, as you're alluding, woule cost another 50m+.

Fairly confident Nketiah is gonna start ahead of Laca, unless we sign a striker, or Auba could go centre with Saka out wide. Most likely tho if we sell Laca for £25m & free up his £150k wages, thats £32m - £35m to sign a repalcement, shoudlnt be hard to find someone who can get 10 goals & 5 assist for Arsenal over 30 odd games for that money. Most fo the clubs in Europe are broke

Latest posts+

Top Bottom