• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emiliano Martínez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Either this sale is not really one for raising funds, instead selling a player with two years left on his contract, or we aren’t going for Raya and will pick up another GK for 1-2m. Can’t be both really.
Maybe the player wants to leave because he’s guaranteed football elsewhere. We then use the money on a suitable replacement.

Iceman10

Established Member
Maybe the player wants to leave because he’s guaranteed football elsewhere. We then use the money on a suitable replacement.

... which would boil down to this sale not really helping with that much progress in bringing in our CM targets. More of a dispute between player and club where he feels he needs to move on.

MikeVinna

Established Member
... which would boil down to this sale not really helping with that much progress in bringing in our CM targets. More of a dispute between player and club where he feels he needs to move on.

Just promote Macey. A starting central midfielder is much more important than a backup goalkeeper. Not sure what Mikel thinks though..

Preacher

Always Crying
giphy.gif

Few months ago Martinez was worth few millions at best and he was almost out of the club. His value has risen 7-8 times in space of ~10 games. It feels like we won the lottery.

Re-investing this money into strengthening midfield is a must.

Iceman10

Established Member
Just promote Macey. A starting central midfielder is much more important than a backup goalkeeper. Not sure what Mikel thinks though..

Probably a bridge too far based on our recent experience with Leno’s injury and being lucky with having Emi to fill in so well. Pretty much everyone sees Macey as being insufficient, and that is rare here.

In truth the other part to this is trying to assess the real financial situation of the club. We’ve had CL level wages for four seasons without qualifying for CL but this club also keeps cards close to the vest on financials, and for various reasons I don’t give much weight to Swiss Ramble anymore (and definitely not the AST con). Pretty sure we’ll bring in at least one of Aouar and Partey no matter what. Best approach probably is not to fret too much and let it all play out to the window deadline.

Manberg

Predator
I don’t know how Macey is, but I realised that we have an 18 year old keeper in our ranks starting for Estonia’s national team. Is that guy talented?

Regarding Martinez, I really like him and it’s sad to see him go. Will miss him.

Wilshero

I don’t know how Macey is, but I realised that we have an 18 year old keeper in our ranks starting for Estonia’s national team. Is that guy talented?

Regarding Martinez, I really like him and it’s sad to see him go. Will miss him.
More likely Estonia are ****.

Agree regarding Martinez, imo he deserved a shot at no 1 at our club for the way he ended last season. Was an absolute beast in goal.

If the rumours are true and we're spending 10 mil on a substitute from bloody championship I'd be very disappointed.

benjamin86

Established Member
Quite possible Emi has made the Brighton offer irrelevant by being set on Villa. Just a hunch based on us apparently having accepted Villa’s offer already.
Villa are a bigger club, they're spending money and less likely to get relegated than Brighton....i'd rather live in Brighton though tbh. lol

benjamin86

Established Member
More likely Estonia are ****.

Agree regarding Martinez, imo he deserved a shot at no 1 at our club for the way he ended last season. Was an absolute beast in goal.

If the rumours are true and we're spending 10 mil on a substitute from bloody championship I'd be very disappointed.
With money being tight, why arnt we looking at loaning a backup? Buy a backup next season.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Imagine developing a player for 8 years, and when he finally shows his potential, then selling him for gaining 5-10M because your expensive GK feels anxiety about him.
Totally defeats the point of competition. It's a black day in this clubs dealings. It's not the Arsenal way. It's embarrassing.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Totally defeats the point of competition. It's a black day in this clubs dealings. It's not the Arsenal way. It's embarrassing.
Indeed, what's the point of fighting for a place if you know you won't win it because arsenal payed more for the other guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom