• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
If I were him I would stick with week in week out competitive play for Brentford rather than joining Arsenal where it was made clear to Emi that Leno was firm #1. At any rate, a fee of 10m has been mentioned and the Brentford boss is saying he’s not for sale (wants > 10m ?). Surely there are other options for backup GK around, this isn’t exactly like our search for CM’s where we are locked in on a couple of specific targets.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
If I were him I would stick with week in week out competitive play for Brentford rather than joining Arsenal where it was made clear to Emi that Leno was firm #1. At any rate, a fee of 10m has been mentioned and the Brentford boss is saying he’s not for sale (wants > 10m ?). Surely there are other options for backup GK around, this isn’t exactly like our search for CM’s where we are locked in on a couple of specific targets.
Imagine making 5-10 m for selling Emi

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
What's the point in any half decent keeper joining us after seeing that loyalty and unbelievable form mean absolutely **** all to this club?

African Flair

You know Martinez asked to leave. Since when 6'1 is short?
Yes and it's understandable since we haven't handle this well at all. Under the circumstances last season ended, Emi won the #1 shirt, should be his until he drops the ball.

If we played it that way, two valuable goalies would be locked up going forward. Probably not sustainable for more than a year but a real fee would be there for the loser of the battle between Martinez and Leno.

Raya is 6" and that will always be something working against a keeper how athletic you might be. Especially in in a league where teams whipped in crosses more than any other top league.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
What's the point in any half decent keeper joining us after seeing that loyalty and unbelievable form mean absolutely **** all to this club?

Oh, cut the loyalty crap ffs. The club wants to keep him while he wants to leave. And he is also trying to pressure the club to give him money. Leno is the better keeper btw so of course he should play.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Oh, cut the loyalty crap ffs. The club wants to keep him while he wants to leave. And he is also trying to pressure the club to give him money. Leno is the better keeper btw so of course he should play.
He’s done everything right. Arsenal have done everything wrong. If you can’t hold your place with great form then you deserve it elsewhere. Emi has realised that and chosen to leave.

GoonerBoy19

He’s done everything right. Arsenal have done everything wrong. If you can’t hold your place with great form then you deserve it elsewhere. Emi has realised that and chosen to leave.

Arteta wouldn't start Leno without a reason. They see both of them daily in training, if they can bench Özil, Pepe etc they can definitely bench Leno. Obviously they feel Leno has higher ceiling and consistency level, and they could be wrong with this but if they have to choose one as of now they will choose the player with consistency level over a period of time.

Not a big fan of Raya, I hope we get someone else as backup.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Who spends 10m on a back-up goalie? Liverpool's goalie is a West Ham reject, sp*rs have Joe Hart ffs, I had to look up on wikipedia City's goalie cos I didn't even know who it was, turns out it's 35 year old Scott Carson on loan from Derby.

Just get someone like Fraser Forster on loan and be done with it.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Story is that Emi wanted assurances that would basically make him no1.

Can we not put this on the club please.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Sorry to open this again but seem we also want this guy. make no sense but i hope the club knows what they doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom