• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: Pyramid Pirlo

Pick one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

After yesterday’s opening day win against Fulham, Mikel Arteta labelled Mohamed Elneny’s performance ‘phenomenal’; comments that suggest the Egypt international might have a role to play at Arsenal this season.

Returning from a year on loan with Besiktas, it was expected the Gunners would sell the midfielder as they look to raise funds for a squad rebuild, but as things stand it’s looking far more likely that others, including Lucas Torreira and Matteo Guendouzi, will make way first.

Whatever happens in the final weeks of the transfer window, Elneny says he’s grateful to the boss, a former teammate, for the opportunity to showcase his talent in Arsenal colours.

“I feel really happy and I have to thank Mikel Arteta for giving me a chance to play,” Elneny toldArsenal Digital.

“I know it’s not easy to be on loan and come back to Arsenal and I’m really happy because I made everyone feel like I was not away from the team. This makes me really happy and I have to thank Mikel Arteta because he helped me a lot to feel like this.

“He speaks to me always, saying things like ‘we need you on the team’ and he is always giving me good feedback and always pushing me to get the best from me. I’m really happy to be here.

“I’ll give 100 per cent every day in the training and if they give me a chance to play, I will always give 100 per cent. Because it’s the best for me, to play always in regular games and to give 100 per cent to the team, to help the team to win and make sure that we’re going to build a team to be strong in the Premier League.”

Having been at the club since January 2016, Elneny is one of the club’s longer-serving members of staff. Having experienced the tail-end of Wenger’s time in charge and the start of Unai Emery’s ill-fated spell, the Eygptian is well-placed to speak about the changes he’s seen on his return.

“We feel like we are more aggressive, like everyone just wants to give 100 per cent,” he explained.

“This was what we missed in Arsenal, because at Arsenal we always loved to play football but we didn’t care [enough] about giving 100 per cent. But now we can see that everyone does, even the kit man!

“Everyone has to give 100 per cent because this is a great club and everyone has to work really hard to push this club to win the Premier League, to win everything, because we have quality players, we have the facilities, we have the family. Everyone is great in this club.”
Like I’ve said time and time again, I love having a guy like Elneny at this club. You need players like him available, happy to sit on the bench and support the team, happy to come in and do a job, low wages, good attitude, good base level. He’s no world beater, and he doesn’t need to be.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Has to be remembered that Mikel wasn't here when he was loaned out so maybe he always rated him or was willing to give him a chance.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
El-Neny is like a less good Arsenal Arteta so not surprised Arteta understands him and can find a use for him

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Said this before about him. Everything is reliable. Never let down by technique, reliable first touc, reliable passing, never let down by decision making. Think it's mad. PL team doesn't want him.

Mudi

Easy, it was just against Fulham.

Good to have in the squad for league cup games but not good enough to be a starter for Arsenal in the league.

If we get rid of Guendouzi and Torreira, it's okay to have him on the team as a squat player. But we def. need another b2b midfielder

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I think his performances can help us get 25mil from him at least next season.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

was I seeing things or was El neny making maaad forward passes yesterday , good on ya Mo..
He was quality yesterday, only blight was one instance he could've spurred the counter and played forward one of our attackers (can't remember who) and he played the safer sideways pass to slow down the play. That was frustrating.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
As my boy @razörist said he is the perfect squad player for us...he doesn't even care that we have been trying to sell him for the last 2/3 years, he comes back from a year long loan and is immediately giving his best for us as you can tell he just loves playing for Arsenal.

Our midfield is likely to be Partey/Xhaka/Ceballos/Elneny this season, that's quality.

Last edited:

TakeChillPill

Established Member
If he wasn't such a bottler when it came to passing the ball forward, we'd be talking about one of the best CM/DLP/DMs in world football.

Never gives the ball away, can always receive under pressure, can play el neny tikitaka, amazing stamina. Just hesitates too much when he has to play it forward, needs to back himself. I reckon if there aslnt man who can help him go up a level it's Arteta

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Interesting what he says about the mentality under Wenger. Basically says it was just about playing football, but not necessarily giving your all.
Think that is spot on. Under Wenger is was too much laissez-faire and that caused us to lose too many matches we didn't need to lose.

Remember Wenger telling Özil when he brought him in or was trying to get him to sign, that Arsenal was a dream destination for a player like him where you just played football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom