• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom349

Didn't Matt Macey recently come out saying he wanted to leave for playing time? Could be his replacement more so than Martinez replacement with the possibility of being no.2 if Raya proves to be too expensive.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Just like Raya, I worry about this size in the EPL. Seems to be quick enough though and pretty decent on the ball. Not afraid to go up and catch a ball under pressure either.

al-Ustaadh

Didn't Matt Macey recently come out saying he wanted to leave for playing time? Could be his replacement more so than Martinez replacement with the possibility of being no.2 if Raya proves to be too expensive.
Macey is ****. He's awful. Not even the lower clubs want him.

al-Ustaadh

Part of me want this as well but i think it's a bad idea really. He a kid and was out all year, he just need to settle down, work hard and play which he won't do in the first team.
He'll be third choice soon enough.

Xanth

This season he conceded 7 fewer than the expected.

Yes, the point is that you can't properly draw conclusions from past seasons in a different league, under a different coach, etc.

When Leno was signed, people who didn't rate him (and there were quite a lot) referenced his below-average shot-stopping numbers in the Bundesliga.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Hell no. We would promote a youth keeper for that.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ligue 1 has statsbomb xG coverage available for all Ligue 1 keepers so we can see how he fares out as a shot stopper.

FD14-F10-F-74-FE-4098-8-AA3-100-E1-C6-FEE82.jpg

Post shot xG are expected goals based on how likely the keeper is to save them. The goals conceded are then taken away from this stat.

A positive number indicates a keeper who is a far above average at stopping shots while a negative number indicates the inverse.

As a shot stopping metric it’s hard to find fault with. The statsbomb method of determining xG is very thorough and this takes that into account.

We can see Chelsea’s new keeper Mendy seems ok at stopping shots without really excelling and that it also bares out the conventional knowledge that Keylor Navas had a down year.

Runarsson only played 10 games last year so if we look at the per 90 stats we can see he’s a bit below average and it’s not really his main attribute.

He seems a middle of the pack stopper in terms of the league. Martinez and Leno had numbers better than anyone in Ligue 1 incidentally.

al-Ustaadh

Ligue 1 has statsbomb xG coverage available for all Ligue 1 keepers so we can see how he fares out as a shot stopper.

FD14-F10-F-74-FE-4098-8-AA3-100-E1-C6-FEE82.jpg

Post shot xG are expected goals based on how likely the keeper is to save them. The goals conceded are then taken away from this stat.

A positive number indicates a keeper who is a far above average at stopping shots while a negative number indicates the inverse.

As a shot stopping metric it’s hard to find fault with. The statsbomb method of determining xG is very thorough and this takes that into account.

We can see Chelsea’s new keeper Mendy seems ok at stopping shots without really excelling and that it also bares out the conventional knowledge that Keylor Navas had a down year.

Runarsson only played 10 games last year so if we look at the per 90 stats we can see he’s a bit below average and it’s not really his main attribute.

He seems a middle of the pack stopper in terms of the league. Martinez and Leno had numbers better than anyone in Ligue 1 incidentally.
So to twist this into a positive: he has room for improvement.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
As long as he's a half decent keeper I couldn't care less.

Unless there's a real unlikely scenario where Leno gets injured again, which is highly unlikely then it doesnt matter.

Gunarsson for a few of the cup games is fine.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

So to twist this into a positive: he has room for improvement.

He’s not terrible but doesn’t seem particularly great.

However he’s likely to cost very little and at least you can track how he’s done. Relatively happy with this if we’re talking under 5M.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yes no way he'll cost more 5m euros it could be even less. Ospina who was very settled gk in France cost us 5m lol

StefanB

He's only 6'1 which isn't great for the EPL. He isn't a standout keeper in Ligue 1, but like Raya he's good with his feet. Pretty much his only standout feature..

Rather this guy than Raya solely because of the price, but I'd rather get someone cheap from the Championship with a similiar profile and with HG status..

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Wouldn't even want this guy starting in the Europa League / League Cup.

If Leno got injured for any serious period of time, this guy would cost us points.

Would prefer to spend £5-7m on a reliable back up you can actually have some faith in than penny pinch this guy for £1-2m, just because people think we'd be able to afford half of Aouars left testicle with the money we'd saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom