• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 943,223
Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Either way, I would gamble with Soumare at half the price and pray he comes good.

Soumare or Zakaria if we can get them at cheaper prices (Zakaria probably not) ... now that would be building for the future.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Soumare or Zakaria if we can get them at cheaper prices (Zakaria probably not) ... now that would be building for the future.

Problem is that I doubt they would come here for Elneny role. We have Xhaka, Ceballos and likely Aouar/Partey.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We aren't going to win The Premier League, never mind the Champions League by taking unnecessary gambles. Liverpool didn't bring innthe Brazilian 4th choice keeper and a 15m version of VVD.

If we can get a Partey level player, then we get it done. I realise that this isn't the Partey topic though.

We have Saliba, Tierney, Gabriel, AMN, Willock, Saka, Guendouzi, Martinelli, ESR, Nelson, Pepe and Nketiah as 25 or under players. We need more Luiz, Willian' and Auba's in our team.

SA Gunner

Problem is that I doubt they would come here for Elneny role. We have Xhaka, Ceballos and likely Aouar/Partey.

I dont think they would, and I dont think they would play that role either.

These players coming in would ultimately be starters, with Xhaka, Ceballos and Elneny competing for the third spot IMO. Auoar, signing and one of our current crop to make the midfield three.

drippin

I dont think they would, and I dont think they would play that role either.

These players coming in would ultimately be starters, with Xhaka, Ceballos and Elneny competing for the third spot IMO. Auoar, signing and one of our current crop to make the midfield three.

You're assuming that we go back four. Nothing suggests it currently.

SA Gunner

You're assuming that we go back four. Nothing suggests it currently.

Our shape doesnt remain the same throughout the game. We have seen with Xhaka and Elneny, our midfielders can drop into defense as part of the three, with Tierney pushing up into the wingback position for example. So we could see the same with these players.

My thinking however is that these players (Partey, Auoar, etc) would actually give us the needed flexibility to switch to a back four as a tactical option, in addition to the 343 option we are using now. We need to be able to do this, to be able to remain unpredictable from an opposition planning standpoint.

SA Gunner

I don't think he would. 25m at best imo, especially in the current environment.

That would be amazing if we could pull it off.

Dont think we will though, I remember seeing somewhere that Newcastle had a 30 plus bid rejected. So we would need to be in that ballpark IMO.

drippin

Our shape doesnt remain the same throughout the game. We have seen with Xhaka and Elneny, our midfielders can drop into defense as part of the three, with Tierney pushing up into the wingback position for example. So we could see the same with these players.

My thinking however is that these players (Partey, Auoar, etc) would actually give us the needed flexibility to switch to a back four as a tactical option, in addition to the 343 option we are using now. We need to be able to do this, to be able to remain unpredictable from an opposition planning standpoint.

Good points and I agree. Still I see it a tough sell for these players, to say we will play 3 atb & back four maybe, while they are young promising players.

We have to remember there are ESR & Willock too. While Arteta has hinted that Willian can play in the middle.

Kakao

Even yesterday we looked bad in creativity, we need more of Aourar than Partey. As some said we aint winning PL Or EL so might as well build for next season.

Kakao

Wining and top4 is different. Look point difference between 1st and 4th. We reached top 4 with worse squads, remember team after Cesc and Nasri left.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We aren't going to win The Premier League, never mind the Champions League by taking unnecessary gambles. Liverpool didn't bring innthe Brazilian 4th choice keeper and a 15m version of VVD.

If we can get a Partey level player, then we get it done. I realise that this isn't the Partey topic though.

We have Saliba, Tierney, Gabriel, AMN, Willock, Saka, Guendouzi, Martinelli, ESR, Nelson, Pepe and Nketiah as 25 or under players. We need more Luiz, Willian' and Auba's in our team.

No, but Liverpool did bring in Wijnaldum, Robbo, Mane, Salah and Henderson. Along with Trent from the youth setup and Gomez for peanuts.

None of those players mentioned above would have been considered by anyone here at the time as players who will win CL/PL for Liverpool.

Klopp is a world class manager who gets what he needs for his style. You need a blend of everything and you need to sign what you're missing.

Gabriel and Willian are astute signings, they fix problems straight away. Everyone knew Gabriel was dominant in the air and we have been missing that for years and years.

Also Tierney is 23.

Mudi

Whenever I see clips of Aouar, I see a young Gundogan playing for Dortmund. And I can understand why Arteta wants this guy. If you have a player that can accelerate the game from midfield and also strong in final third, you will be deadly on the counter or quick football.

Willian can do that as well and Ceballos a little bit. Aouar is on another level.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I was advocating for creativity a lot when most on here said Partey would change everything.

Right now I feel that if we’re to get Aouar we need to play 4-3-3. We’d be too defensively weak to play in a two/pivot together with Xhaka or Ceballos. So unless there’s a plan to go 4 at the back I don’t see the value of Aouar (short term!).

At the same time, if we go 4-3-3 I think the athleticism/physicality of someone like Partey is a must. Have seen all kinds of midfield combinations in front of a 4 backline get sliced apart by pretty much everyone from time to time.

It’s a tough spot to be in as it seems unlikely we’ll get both, but I think both are needed if we want to maximize potential. If we keep playing 3-4-3 I don’t actually know if I’d play anyone of them ahead of Xhaka and Ceballos...

GDeep™

League is very weak
Who cares what you guys want? If Arteta is targeting Aouar over Partey, especially when the latter is easier to sign as he has a reasonable release clause, then that’s telling.

My only issue is we’ll have 3 young players from France who will need multiple seasons to adapt. We’ve seen this before with Wenger and French signings, and recently with Pepe.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I was advocating for creativity a lot when most on here said Partey would change everything.

Right now I feel that if we’re to get Aouar we need to play 4-3-3. We’d be too defensively weak to play in a two/pivot together with Xhaka or Ceballos. So unless there’s a plan to go 4 at the back I don’t see the value of Aouar (short term!).

At the same time, if we go 4-3-3 I think the athleticism/physicality of someone like Partey is a must. Have seen all kinds of midfield combinations in front of a 4 backline get sliced apart by pretty much everyone from time to time.

It’s a tough spot to be in as it seems unlikely we’ll get both, but I think both are needed if we want to maximize potential. If we keep playing 3-4-3 I don’t actually know if I’d play anyone of them ahead of Xhaka and Ceballos...

For me Aouar is more part of the long term plan. I dont think Ceballos will be signed permanently. Saliba will be broken in gently this season and more than likely start next season when Luiz leaves. Özil is also leaving next season.

If Aouar is signed he, like Saliba he will be broken in gently. If Arteta wins a big title in 3 years it will be in a 433. A lot of things need to come together for that to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom