• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 943,985
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

For me Aouar is more part of the long term plan. I dont think Ceballos will be signed permanently. Saliba will be broken in gently this season and more than likely start next season when Luiz leaves. Özil is also leaving next season.

If Aouar is signed he, like Saliba he will be broken in gently. If Arteta wins a big title in 3 years it will be in a 433. A lot of things need to come together for that to happen.
Agree on everything. I’m not arguing that we shouldn’t get him, just that I don’t think we’ll see a transformed Arsenal where Aouar is this dominating creative player in the short term, which I suspect a lot of fans are hoping for

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Agree on everything. I’m not arguing that we shouldn’t get him, just that I don’t think we’ll see a transformed Arsenal where Aouar is this dominating creative player in the short term, which I suspect a lot of fans are hoping for

Yep, he will have to earn his spot just like any other. But it is best to get him in this summer so he can adapt. Same with Saliba. If Aouar is bought in then next season you'll see both Saliba and Aouar as starters.

Honestly it's very exciting. We are building a title winning side.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
In 433 I would play Ceballos - Partey - Aouar

In 343 I would then play Ceballos - Partey

Sorry but I rated Partey over Xhaka and I would like to have Xhaka as squad player to rotate in midfield just like Liverpool does.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
In 433 I would play Ceballos - Partey - Aouar

In 343 I would then play Ceballos - Partey

Sorry but I rated Partey over Xhaka and I would like to have Xhaka as squad player to rotate in midfield just like Liverpool does.

Ceballos isn't here next year so for me you have to start Xhaka unless hes out of form of course.

6gunner

I would buy ceballos next year without problem. He is young and improving. He wants to stay at arsenal.

Why? He's not going to sign an extension with Real unless they give him game time--which they are not. Let's keep loaning him and sign him on a free in 3 years time.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Who cares what you guys want? If Arteta is targeting Aouar over Partey, especially when the latter is easier to sign as he has a reasonable release clause, then that’s telling.

My only issue is we’ll have 3 young players from France who will need multiple seasons to adapt. We’ve seen this before with Wenger and French signings, and recently with Pepe.
Isn't that not telling, considering the price / payment structure is influencing who we buy.

edit: just realised you were in fact saying the Partey payment is easier than the Aouar one. I think it’s actually harder considering it needs to be paid in one go, even if it is £10m more for example.

Last edited:

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Who cares what you guys want? If Arteta is targeting Aouar over Partey, especially when the latter is easier to sign as he has a reasonable release clause, then that’s telling.

My only issue is we’ll have 3 young players from France who will need multiple seasons to adapt. We’ve seen this before with Wenger and French signings, and recently with Pepe.
Well, we have to accept that we aren't going to be shooting for top of the table just yet anyway having finished where we did despite the form later on. But the massive positive in getting in Aouar, Saliba and Gabriel is that we are actually shooting for the top end of talent again with all that we already have on our hands.

I genuinely feel if we get Aouar-with Partey or not- we're on our way to building a solid solid platform to aim really really high soon enough.

Currently, as things stand we would need 4 more players at most in the coming windows to make a really strong squad to challenge on all fronts. 2 to 3 out of those 4 might just turn up from our youngsters alone.

After that we're set to play with the big boys.

That would be amazing if we could pull it off.

Dont think we will though, I remember seeing somewhere that Newcastle had a 30 plus bid rejected. So we would need to be in that ballpark IMO.

Romano claimed the other day Newcastle had a €35M+ bid rejected for him.

Those greedy little bastards:lol:. He must be something then if clubs are bidding that kind of money. Any chance it's propaganda?

Last edited:

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Well, we have to accept that we aren't going to be shooting for top of the table just yet anyway having finished where we did despite the form later on. But the massive positive in getting in Aouar, Saliba and Gabriel is that we are actually shooting for the top end of talent again with all that we already have on our hands.

I genuinely feel if we get Aouar-with Partey or not- we're on our way to building a solid solid platform to aim really really high soon enough.

Currently, as things stand we would need 4 more players at most in the coming windows to make a really strong squad to challenge on all fronts. 2 to 3 out of those 4 might just turn up from our youngsters alone.

After that we're set to play with the big boys.
I disagree, if team is ambitious signing both Partey and Aouar then we could do a Leicester. We are not that soft defending so we are able to get points against top6. With Aouar, Partey and Willian we should be able to score against low block defensive teams. Even if Arteta stops blocking Özil, he can play in games when we are with a lot of ball possession. Say whatever you want but he can still play and make that key pass. More with the closed calendar due to covid.

GoonerBoy19

Non HG quota will be a major issue, we are already 1 player above the limit and adding 3 will not be possible considering the fact that new backup GK is also non HG. We need to sell mustafi, torreira, kolasinac and sokratis asap.

TornadoTed

Established Member
The more I watch us the more I'm convinced that the starting formation isn't going to make that much difference.. We aren't like Wolves who play a rigid 3-4-3 or 3-5-2, we are far more fluid and slip into a 4-3-3 when in possession effortlessly.

City played a similar fluid system where they start with 4-3-3 but Fernandinho or Rodri often drops into defence to make a 3. I think if we did start with a 4-3-3 it would be equally fluid, Xhaka becoming the 3rd central defender out of possession. I can't see us being like United where we play a rigid 4-3-3 even if Partey and Auoar come in, just doesn't seem like the Arteta way of looking at football.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Rudi Garcia saying Aouar will start against Montpellier tomorrow. Lyon also have a game against Nimes on Friday, after that a 10 day break. Feel like if anything does happen it will be in that 10 day break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom