• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick gould

Any reason why we have only been linked with shortish goalkeepers? Surely we should be looking for someone who is going to push Leno all the way.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Really? It seems more like Runarsson was identified initially by the sounds of it but they then switched to Raya because of the HG status. Now with Brentford reluctant to sell and Raya costing too much they’ve gobe back to Runarsson.
Still think Raya is the choice, whether we get him is another thing. If it is Runarsson, then they clearly think they’ll be able to get rid of at least 2 foreign players, maybe even 3 (Sokratis, Torreira, and Kolasinac).

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Any reason why we have only been linked with shortish goalkeepers? Surely we should be looking for someone who is going to push Leno all the way.
Probably just a statistical tendency of being more technical than taller keepers. Its all about playing out from the back.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

I think it’s merely a coincidence. They seem to be letting our goalkeeper coach pick the new no.2 and both his recommendations are short (in GK terms). It says a lot about how highly Arteta trusts him that he’s willing to let him have full control over the transfer. Might have something to do with him turning Martinez from a £2m keeper to a £20m keeper :lol:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
two good things about this.

Hes very cheap.

We are very confident in getting rid of at least 2 other players.

I don't disagree with anything you've said but it's telling when neither of the two positives about this move involve the actual players ability :lol:

Elite Smarts

Gouendizi 🤦‍♂️
It's good thing GK coach knows him personally. If you're playing professional football, you have talent. To become good to great is to harness the mental side of the game. Arsenal GK coach can help him with that. It's only 2M, shouldn't pay more than 5M for backup GK with Arsenal budget.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Looked closer at the stats and RAR was actually Dijons number 1 during the 18/19-season as he started in 31 of 46 games. Since that season he has been their number 2 though.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

FABRIO SAYS THIS IS DONE!!

ZIOUUUUUUUU!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
FABRIO SAYS THIS IS DONE!!

ZIOUUUUUUUU!
th

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Surely it makes way more sense to get in a home grown keeper so we don't have to sell someone to fit this guy in... and actually be able to get players for the first 11??

Got to be an old English keeper knocking about or even one as good as this guy for cheap...

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

In fact, Gunnerblog (yeah I know) said we were talking to his people a few weeks ago but decided against it as he isn't home grown and we have big issues there but looks like we had a change of heart. This just feels like desperation and making our squad even more difficult to fix ffs.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

In fact, Gunnerblog (yeah I know) said we were talking to his people a few weeks ago but decided against it as he isn't home grown and we have big issues there but looks like we had a change of heart. This just feels like desperation and making our squad even more difficult to fix ffs.

What if we're confident of doing deals for guys like Sokratis, Torreira and Kola?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom