• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Sead Kolasinac (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He obviously knows that he won the lottery with his 100k a week deal at the club.

Even if he’s told he isn’t wanted, I could see him pulling an Özil and trying to stick around just to get paid.

Goonger

Can see a late loan to Schalke late in the window to free up at non HG spot. Sokratis will go on a free. Guendouzi on a loan just to get him out the club. We'll just sign 1 of Partey / Aouar with money raised from Martinez / Torreira, & probably call it a day at that.

nick gould

What is it with Arsenal? Players are just too loyal to us. Özil, Mustafi, now Sead all want to stay and fight for their places.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I don't think "loyal" is quite the right word for the players in question :lol:

TakeChillPill

Established Member
It just shows what terrible signings we made. Players don't play football because of the love of the game, rather it is truly all business for them. Players careers are short but at the same time they're willing to give up their prime years for the sake of a bit of extra money in the bank, even though they're wealthier beyond their imaginations.

Shame because I would give up virtually everything for the chance to play football for a living.

WhatAFC

It just shows what terrible signings we made. Players don't play football because of the love of the game, rather it is truly all business for them. Players careers are short but at the same time they're willing to give up their prime years for the sake of a bit of extra money in the bank, even though they're wealthier beyond their imaginations.

Shame because I would give up virtually everything for the chance to play football for a living.
These players aren’t going to have glittering careers, they’re being paid over the odds in wages. They simply won’t get what they do here at a club from a different league.
They’re staying because of money & lifestyle. No shame in that when you’re a player at their level.

Maintaining the lifestyle is a huge reason players don’t want to lower their wage, the cost of living that way is insane.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
These players aren’t going to have glittering careers, they’re being paid over the odds in wages. They simply won’t get what they do here at a club from a different league.
They’re staying because of money & lifestyle. No shame in that when you’re a player at their level.

Maintaining the lifestyle is a huge reason players don’t want to lower their wage, the cost of living that way is insane.

So essentially you're saying there's nothing wrong with being a mercenary. Maybe it's a age generational thing and being a product of an ultra capitalist society, where money is everything for some people.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

That just makes me laugh, that sounds more like his keen to waste his career. Shows you how many bad signings we started to make during Wengers last days unfortunately. He's in the prime time of his career now, not his young days anymore so you'd like to think he'd be smarter & go to a club that can offer him regular game time. :lol::lol:

HomeSteak

Established Member
Wants to fight for his spot aka nobody is willing to pay him anything close to what he gets here, so he is happy to get the cup games and the big pay.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
The rewriting of Kolasinac’s history here is hilarious.. According to the consensus on A-M it was only 2 seasons ago he was the best/top 2 lb in the league and we would be stupid not to offer him a new contract, now a lot of the same people are acting like he’s always been a bum lol..

WhatAFC

So essentially you're saying there's nothing wrong with being a mercenary. Maybe it's a age generational thing and being a product of an ultra capitalist society, where money is everything for some people.
Who said money is everything?
Money buys experiences, freedom. These players are used to having the best things in life, especially living in London on £100k a week. You then have to maintain a similar lifestyle for the rest of your life when your football career ends.

Again, these players aren’t glamorous, they aren’t getting big sponsorship deals or advertising deals. They’ll earn the vast majority of their income from their club wages.

Yours is a typical fans point of view. Oh, what’s the drop of £30k a week to a player on £100k? It’s more than £4.5m over a 3 year contract. If someone said to me move clubs when I’m getting ok playing time, my family and I are very happy in the city we live & I’m on very good money that I wouldn’t get else where. I would tell the club I’m staying as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom