• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Compare the big 6: who has had the best transfer window?

Which TWO clubs have had the best window so far?

• Total voters

say yes

forum master baiter
I like Utd’s business tbh. Van de Beek lets Pogba play in his natural position further up the field like he did in the WC 2018.

Think they’re going to upgrade massively from that alone.
You think? I really like Donny (more than most on here), but I’m a bit bemused at how he’s going to fit in.

He’s not displacing either Bruno or Pogba and he’s wasted playing a holding role. Actually reckon he’s be a depth player for them this season unless they move to a diamond or something (but then the Sancho move wouldn’t make sense).

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Chelsea obviously ahead, I think us and Sp**s are neck and neck currently as signing Cedric and Mari gets us some minus points. If Sp**s sign Reguilon they edge ahead of us, if they get Bale too they go well ahead of us unless we bring in Partey/Aouar.

Find it hard to judge City's business as they basically signed a backup defender and this Torres lad who certainly won't be first choice for a while you'd imagine.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You think? I really like Donny (more than most on here), but I’m a bit bemused at how he’s going to fit in.

He’s not displacing either Bruno or Pogba and he’s wasted playing a holding role. Actually reckon he’s be a depth player for them this season unless they move to a diamond or something (but then the Sancho move wouldn’t make sense).

Yeah I see them going diamond tbh. Martial and Rashford are better as strikers and there’s not many wide options apart from Dan James who’s so limited.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Arsenal have sorted out our defence and brought in one of rivals best players.

Chelsea have failed to address their poor defence and keeper situation despite signing a couple of good attacking mids and a much need striker.

City signed a very good proven Cb. They have no glaring weakness is the team other than hoping Aguero and Laporte stay fit.

Sp**s signing Hjoberg is one of the most underrated signings of the summer. Doherty is a decent signing too. Still need another CM and LB.

Utd have failed to get the LB and 2 CBs they need. I don't understand the Van der beek signing, how will they fit Pogba and Bruno - that trio is unabalanced and lacking defensively.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Arsenal have sorted out our defence and brought in one of rivals best players.

Chelsea have failed to address their poor defence and keeper situation despite signing a couple of good attacking mids and a much need striker.

City signed a very good proven Cb. They have no glaring weakness is the team other than hoping Aguero and Laporte stay fit.

Sp**s signing Hjoberg is one of the most underrated signings of the summer. Doherty is a decent signing too. Still need another CM and LB.

Utd have failed to get the LB and 2 CBs they need. I don't understand the Van der beek signing, how will they fit Pogba and Bruno - that trio is unabalanced and lacking defensively.

What is it with you and thinking terrible players are good.

Hojbjerg is awful. But if Sp**s pull off Reguillon and Bale its a very good window.

Nenad

I sp**rsed my vote.

facepalm-statue.jpg

edit: no it's fine...

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
What is it with you and thinking terrible players are good.

Hojbjerg is awful. But if Sp**s pull off Reguillon and Bale its a very good window.

How is signing an injury prone, bad attitude, ego maniac, overrated golf player going to help them? Not as if hes going to play ahead of Son (their best player) now is it?

Højbjerg is a very good well rounded player who is a massive inprovement over the very poor winks, Sissoko and Ndombele.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Best two are Chelsea and City.

The biggest change at Arsenal is what Arteta is doing with organisation, which was clear to see at the end of the season with the same players that only won 14 games.

Mari and Cedric will have little or no impact. Willian seems to be rotated with Pepe, so small upgrade in that position as Pepe was starting to come good at the end of the season. If Willian is used in other positions then I'll rethink. Dani, no change.

So that leaves Gabriel. Hard to assess after just 1 game.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Best two are Chelsea and City.

The biggest change at Arsenal is what Arteta is doing with organisation, which was clear to see at the end of the season with the same players that only won 14 games.

Mari and Cedric will have little or no impact. Willian seems to be rotated with Pepe, so small upgrade in that position as Pepe was starting to come good at the end of the season. If Willian is used in other positions then I'll rethink. Dani, no change.

So that leaves Gabriel. Hard to assess after just 1 game.

Hard to assess after one game yet you've never seen Ferran Torres play in a City shirt or any shirt for that matter and Ake is a backup CB for rotation with Laporte...

Uh.

WhatAFC

Why do so many people think UTD need a CB? They were 2 goals off of having the best defensive record in the league, if DGD didn’t have all those stinkers they’d have been the best pretty comfortably.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Why do so many people think UTD need a CB? They were 2 goals off of having the best defensive record in the league, if DGD didn’t have all those stinkers they’d have been the best pretty comfortably.

Before Bruno arrived they mainly played counter attacking football and used a low block leading to more defensive performances. AWB is a brick wall defensively but Maguire needs a long term partner. Matic also helped massively shielding the back four.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Not sure what transfer is worse, spending 14m on Pablo Mari or handing Cedric a 4 year deal ffs.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Not sure what transfer is worse, spending 14m on Pablo Mari or handing Cedric a 4 year deal ffs.

Mari fee was £8M and Cedric is a backup right back. Not sure why people keep going on about these signings when they've hardly seen them play and in Mari's case seen them play 20 minutes.

Let's play Aubamawang

There's no way in hell that Sp**s can afford Bale's wages.

I like our business so far, even moreso if we sign Partey in particular. Auoar would be a nice bonus.

I do have to give it to Chelsea though, using their transfer ban to help splurge on the best talent in the BL. Ziyech isn't a bad signing either, fair to say most of us wanted him. But giving 310k a week to Havertz is absolutely insane. I realise he's already very good and sometimes you have to pay more, but good grief that's a lot of money to hand a 21yo. Next thing you know he'll be ringing Greenwood to arrange a hippy crack party in Iceland...

There's no way in hell that Sp**s can afford Bale's wages.

I like our business so far, even moreso if we sign Partey in particular. Auoar would be a nice bonus.

I do have to give it to Chelsea though, using their transfer ban to help splurge on the best talent in the BL. Ziyech isn't a bad signing either, fair to say most of us wanted him. But giving 310k a week to Havertz is absolutely insane. I realise he's already very good and sometimes you have to pay more, but good grief that's a lot of money to hand a 21yo. Next thing you know he'll be ringing Greenwood to arrange a hippy crack party in Iceland...

No such thing as hippy crack in Iceland. Only fentanyl.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
City’s business looks excellent right now.

Chelsea are a f***king joke. Bought more than half a new starting XI. A few great players in there for sure. But Wenger would scoff at them. I hope they’re disjointed and unable to gel together all season. It would serve them right.

Clearly our standing will depend on getting some guys sold and buying that elusive top class (or close) midfielder. But we’ve done pretty well so far. Hell, re-signing Auba alone is monumental for the club at this moment. If we sell Torreira, Emi:(, maybe Kolasinac, and get one of our midfield targets, our business is just as good as City and Chelsea with our budget. Chelsea’s playing FIFA on the easiest difficulty and I hope it backfires. A**holes.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Mari fee was £8M and Cedric is a backup right back. Not sure why people keep going on about these signings when they've hardly seen them play and in Mari's case seen them play 20 minutes.
There isn't much in it, but all City's signing are young and exciting. Barca and Bayern were both after the Yan Couto. Torres is an explosive winger like Sane, and Ake is an excellent CB, EPL ready. Only time will tell what impact they have.

Lazaq

How worried should we be if Sp*rs bring in Bale, Reguilon and Sabitzer (heard they're after him too?!?). To me, that starts looking like a pretty good window for them.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom