• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Can't believe he tweeted the time emoji...thinks he's proper big time doesn't he :rofl:

I blame @MutableEarth

He's constantly saying how all our young players are Henry/Bergkamp level, that even the young players themselves are starting to believe it!

Last edited:

say yes

forum master baiter
2.jpg

this freak claiming Burnley are interested but now he's deleted it. Balogun doesn't seem like a Dyche player.
Got to be the biggest weirdo on Twitter. Loves a tweet and delete. Second only to the “private” conversations with his second account.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Can't believe he tweeted the time emoji...think's he's proper big time doesn't he :rofl:

I blame @MutableEarth

He's constantly saying how all our young players are Henry/Bergkamp level, that even the young players themselves are starting to believe it!
Ironically this is the one talent I've probably underplayed :lol:

Not that fussed if he goes because his position is an area where we're unbelievably stacked but he is a very talented young forward.

£15m is a joke though, £8m max IMO.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Ironically this is the one talent I've probably underplayed :lol:

Not that fussed if he goes because his position is an area where we're unbelievably stacked but he is a very talented young forward.

£15m is a joke though, £8m max IMO.
We'll sell him for 8m on the last day of the window. Right now we're justified in asking for as much as we want to.

Keplaz

Would you advocate an Eddie sale and give his minutes to Balogun if he's as amazing as everyone says... Who has the higher ceiling?

Last edited:

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Would you advocate an Eddie sale and give his minutes to Balogun if he's as amazing as everyone says... Who has the higher ceiling?
Nketiah haven't really shown anything. Problem with balogun is that you wanna try him out in a few cup games. Since he haven't gotten the chance i guess he haven't been good enough. But Honestly. He's been scoring at least 1goal per game since forever. Can't do more than that to impress tbh

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I like Reiss a lot but you’re right. The expectations for him are too high. At one point he was being compared with Sancho
At that point in their careers Reiss was outperforming Sancho. Difference is Sancho developed physically in a way Nelson hasn't.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
At that point in their careers Reiss was outperforming Sancho. Difference is Sancho developed physically in a way Nelson hasn't.

I agree with you, but I also think Nelson is just so timid at the moment. It's like he's afraid to try something in case he messes up so plays within himself.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Nketiah haven't really shown anything. Problem with balogun is that you wanna try him out in a few cup games. Since he haven't gotten the chance i guess he haven't been good enough. But Honestly. He's been scoring at least 1goal per game since forever. Can't do more than that to impress tbh

Do you realize the conflict in these statements. Take a look at Nketiah Premier League 2 & England U21 stats.

Arteta and the coaches must see something much more in Nketiah currently.

jaystewart

I watched a compilation of his goals and they're all him running off the back of a defender or him skinning the last man. That kind of ability would suit a team who spends the game on the back foot in my opinion. Does anyone know if he can do the other stuff too?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I watched a compilation of his goals and they're all him running off the back of a defender or him skinning the last man. That kind of ability would suit a team who spends the game on the back foot in my opinion. Does anyone know if he can do the other stuff too?
Yes, he's actually a pretty good dribbler with decent combination play.

He's really not too dissimilar from Nketiah, I'd say he's better with the ball in terms of dribbling and arguably a cleaner strike (although Eddie's scored some really clean strikes at that level himself). There's very little to separate their goalscoring records though, in fact Nketiah's is slightly better. Having seen more of both players than most others, there really isn't that much to separate the two players [in terms of potential and ability] - a lot of what Balogun is doing, Nketiah's already done it.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Yes, he's actually a pretty good dribbler with decent combination play.

He's really not too dissimilar from Nketiah, I'd say he's better with the ball in terms of dribbling and arguably a cleaner strike (although Eddie's scored some really clean strikes at that level himself). There's very little to separate their goalscoring records though, in fact Nketiah's is slightly better. Having seen more of both players than most others, there really isn't that much to separate the two players [in terms of potential and ability] - a lot of what Balogun is doing, Nketiah's already done it.

Can you add a few words on Baloguns ability to do things with both feet ?
It looks to me that he's actually scoring screamers with his weaker foot, something that alone, would lift him above 1-2 levels imo

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Can you add a few words on Baloguns ability to do things with both feet ?
It looks to me that he's actually scoring screamers with his weaker foot, something that alone, would lift him above 1-2 levels imo
Defo a clean, powerful striker of the ball with both feet anywhere within sight of goal. I don't think he has a weak foot personally, an advantage in any attacking situation he features heavily in. I think that edges him slightly ahead of Eddie in terms of pure shooting - Balogun's left foot is much stronger. I think Nketiah is just a little bit cleverer in terms of movement and fashions better chances for himself, but Balogun's work outside the box is just a bit neater even at this point. High ceiling for both lads but I can understand people preferring Balogun.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Defo a clean, powerful striker of the ball with both feet anywhere within sight of goal. I don't think he has a weak foot personally, an advantage in any attacking situation he features heavily in. I think that edges him slightly ahead of Eddie in terms of pure shooting - Balogun's left foot is much stronger. I think Nketiah is just a little bit cleverer in terms of movement and fashions better chances for himself, but Balogun's work outside the box is just a bit neater even at this point. High ceiling for both lads but I can understand people preferring Balogun.

Think that's been the thing I'd acknowledge with Greenwood the most, this ability to do things with both feet.

It makes it ten times harder for a defender to anticipate movements and that can already be the single thing that makes you stand out.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I agree with you, but I also think Nelson is just so timid at the moment. It's like he's afraid to try something in case he messes up so plays within himself.
Agree. The difference in assertiveness compared to u23 level is shocking. But it also gives hope - if he can find his confidence because he could be a really quality player with his technical gifts

Symbia

A bit I've watched he seems better than Eddie technically but Eddie is physically stronger and a lot more hard working (off ball).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom