• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 943,359
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You've lost me, why does that mean no other club would trigger his release clause?

If they were to do it then it would be done by now.

Fabrizio Romano also said today that Partey is waiting for Arsenal. Its either Arsenal or he signs a new deal with Atletico. Its that simple lol.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think Partey is the better option too. But we struggled to create chances last season and I am not sure that will fix itself, even with Partey.

I agree mate, I just think some people are being unrealistic thinking we're going to solve every issue with our squad in 1 transfer window.

If we add Partey to our other new signings we've done a bloody good job in this transfer window in my opinion. Of course in an ideal world I'd like some more creativity added as well.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I agree mate, I just think some people are being unrealistic thinking we're going to solve every issue with our squad in 1 transfer window.

If we add Partey to our other new signings we've done a bloody good job in this transfer window in my opinion. Of course in an ideal world I'd like some more creativity added as well.

I do think we are biding our time to see just how many players we can push out. If we cant push enough out we will go for Partey and then a more creative player when Özil goes next summer.

If we can push out enough players we go for both. But because Parteys clause can be activated at any time its just a waiting game.

Xanth

I agree, I don't think we'll solve every issue in one window, but I do think we need to deal with our lack of creativity first. We don't simply need more creativity, we have little to no creativity in the first place. Our chance creation last season was firmly in the bottom half. It makes sense to go for a player like Aouar after Arteta has improved our defence both tactically and with new signings.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I agree, I don't think we'll solve every issue in one window, but I do think we need to deal with our lack of creativity first. We don't simply need more creativity, we have little to no creativity in the first place. Our chance creation last season was firmly in the bottom half. It makes sense to shift our attention to a player like Aouar after Arteta has improved our defence both tactically and with new signings.

Oddly the season before that we had way better chance creation. Mainly due to having Iwobi, Mikky and Kolasinac all on 10 big chances created for the season. Hopefully now Tierney can add something similar in his first full season.

Willian can comfortably replace Mikky and Iwobi's output and Pepe will get better. I personally think we will be okay for chance creation this season without Aouar, not title winning worthy but definitely top 4 worthy.

LG10

I'm not sure why people are so sure we should go for Aouar first.

Partey is going to cost us the RC whether we buy him tomorrow or last day of the transfer window.

Aouar's price tag is likely to come down as we get closer to deadline day with Lyon needing money. It's a risk I admit, but there are very few clubs being seriously linked with him. I think you wait it out with him till the last few days of the window and try to bend Lyon over.
Paying parteys release clause first tells Lyon we got cash so they’re more likely to ask for a larger fee. Playing the poverty act right now to try and get a better deal for aouar. Once we do that it’s just a simple release clause for Partey.

Xanth

Oddly the season before that we had way better chance creation. Mainly due to having Iwobi, Mikky and Kolasinac all on 10 big chances created for the season. Hopefully now Tierney can add something similar in his first full season.

Willian can comfortably replace Mikky and Iwobi's output and Pepe will get better. I personally think we will be okay for chance creation this season without Aouar, not title winning worthy but definitely top 4 worthy.

I mean yeah, but it was still way below the level of chance creation we had under Wenger. We were fortunate that both Auba and Lacazette were clinical that season.

Willian is a short-term solution and Pepe is not an elite creator whom we can rely on to significantly improve our chance creation. He's more of a goalscorer. Our attack would be quite predictable if they are our main sources of creativity.

The thing with Aouar is that he's not really a chance creator either, but someone who can dribble with the ball in and around the penalty box and basically contribute with pre-assists. That's the kind of midfielder we don't have. Someone who can be a threat in that area.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I mean yeah, but it was still way below the level of chance creation we had under Wenger. We were fortunate that both Auba and Lacazette were clinical that season.

Willian is a short-term solution and Pepe is not an elite creator whom we can rely on to significantly improve our chance creation. He's more of a goalscorer. Our attack would be quite predictable if they are our main sources of creativity.

The thing with Aouar is that he's not really a chance creator either, but someone who can dribble with the ball in and around the penalty box and basically contribute with pre-assists. That's the kind of midfielder we don't have. Someone who can be a threat in that area.

I think this is why Arteta has gone with AMN at LWB and making him push right forward. We are now very unpredictable going forward and get so many bodies in the box.

The thing is to really get good creativity out the team you need to go to a back 3.

Pyres7

If they were to do it then it would be done by now.

Fabrizio Romano also said today that Partey is waiting for Arsenal. Its either Arsenal or he signs a new deal with Atletico. Its that simple lol.
You could say the exact same about us. Other clubs might be in the same situation as us where they need to sell first, and the closer we get to the deadline there's more chance of clubs panic buying or moving onto their 2nd or 3rd choice targets.

Of course it's that simple - you really think those are the only two clubs he would play for? :lol:

I don't see the point of waiting. We've identified a player we need and Atletico aren't budging on the price. Get him signed and integrated with the squad.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom